Thread: Piracetam vs Aniracetam

incognito_techguy will become famous soon enoughincognito_techguy will become famous soon enoughincognito_techguy will become famous soon enough

Default Piracetam vs Aniracetam

doe anyone have any experiences with Piracetam vs Aniracetam that they can share?

effects good and bad?
    dosages?

according to research Piracetam seems to be the wonderful for many aliments with zero side affects(headache) but I can't find any information on Aniracetam. from what i have found it's just a stronger version of Piracetam.

Kancho will become famous soon enoughKancho will become famous soon enoughKancho will become famous soon enough

Aniracetam is fat soluable so it would be best to take it with a meal, it also has some anxiolytic properties. search for the study "Anxiolytic effects of aniracetam in three different mouse models of anxiety and the underlying mechanism"
    Like slick76 liked this post

incognito_techguy will become famous soon enoughincognito_techguy will become famous soon enoughincognito_techguy will become famous soon enough

i've heard it takes time to build up before the effects take hold, like 3/4 weeks anyone hear anything different?

Quote Originally Posted by incognito_techguy View Post
    doe anyone have any experiences with Piracetam vs Aniracetam that they can share?
    I have not tried Aniracetam, but I've tried Piracetam (with Choline) briefly. Didn't seem to have much effect (positive or negative), but I may not have stuck with it long enough.

I may give it another try sometime. I've heard the effects are subtle.

5. I think i read somewhere that Aniracetam has a half life of about 2 hours. And it is apparently supposed to give an anxiolytic as well.

6. I've been using Piracetam with Lecithin for a few months now. I've never tried Aniracetam, but I have tried Pramiracetam, which is supposed to be one of the more potent nootropics. I switched back to Piracetam because it was cheaper. As you mentioned, there are very few side-effects, so I take about 4800 mg per day divided into 3 dosings.

Racetems have a 'mild stimulant' effect, in my opinion. Although I think their effect may be subjective.

7. I tried piracetam for several months at about 4g a day and did not notice any cognitive advantages. Honestly, the best thing one can do for high cognitive functioning is to get sleep and exercise. I know, it's not a quick fix, but it definitely works.
    Like jholden40 liked this post

8. @exponentially...

Agreed; sleep, exercise and proper eating are definitely the cornerstones.

As for Nootropics, I really have no idea if they are actually making any difference. I'm not really sure how to "quantify" my cognition.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Non Displaced View Post
    @exponentially...

Agreed; sleep, exercise and proper eating are definitely the cornerstones.

As for Nootropics, I really have no idea if they are actually making any difference. I'm not really sure how to "quantify" my cognition.
    Therein lies the problem; truely being able to quantify the results of any of the promises of supplements that only have a few academic studies and are not subject to the rigors of a true FDA drug approval process.

Sherlock has a spectacular aura aboutSherlock has a spectacular aura aboutSherlock has a spectacular aura aboutSherlock has a spectacular aura aboutSherlock has a spectacular aura about

I have tried 2400 mg of Piracetam for 2 days and I got no effect.

Piracetam is very mild, Aniracetam is slightly better - anxiolytic and pleasant. Oxiracetam feels like speed, it's the only -racetam that helped me pass all my classes with A's. Pramiracetam is the strongest of them all but I haven't had a chance to take it long enough....the powder somehow got yellow and caked so I had to throw it away.

Anyway, best to take all those with alpha GPC to avoid headaches and potentiate the effects.

Sherlock has a spectacular aura aboutSherlock has a spectacular aura aboutSherlock has a spectacular aura aboutSherlock has a spectacular aura aboutSherlock has a spectacular aura about

I ordered Piracetam from UnitedPharmacies. I've tried the attack dose for 3 days. It didn't have any effect on me. Would the Piracetam made by UCB work better? I've been using the one made my Intas.

i really liked the Aniracetam from CTD labs but it's been discontinued recently. something to do with the FDA reclassifying what constitutes a dietary supplement.

Oxiracetam seems a bit expensive for me and i've only seen Pramiracetam in powder form, which i'd rather not deal with powders.

Gullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant future

I've been using piracetam for years. I take it along with a choline source which is important. The effect is like a mild stimulant but it's more of a mental stimulant than physical. It will give you a lower tolerance to other drugs so you may have to scale back a little.

It makes you more verbal and helps with social anxiety. If you feel that you are never at a loss for words you don't feel intimidated at speaking to a stranger or in front of a group. It also helps with memory. I had distant memories come back of when i was a baby and small child.

I've tried aniracetam but have not used it enough to give a comparison. The times i used it i did not notice any increaced effects from the pir i was taking. Some people do take large doses of pir every day. This can lead to hypomania in some people. By large i mean tens of grams every single day. I take around 700mg per day, one 00 cap, and that is enough
    Helpful teresita, sarahrunon Rated helpful

15. Remember to take choline with your piracetam/Aniracetam

I was recently researching this topic. Thes nootropics seem to work well for many people and supposedly have no negative side effects.

There are som youtube videos on the topic. here is one about one person's expeirnec with piracetam & aniracetam.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzketHIz6oY]Aniracetam or Piracetam? Which to choose? - YouTube[/ame]

Of course results vary from person to person, but I am palnning to give peracetam and choline a try.
    Like jholden40 liked this post

more about smart drugs. i am discovering there are more or less over the counter alternatives that some people swear by. here is avideo that talks about stacking piracetam, vinpocetine, and DME.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u48jhCDcXnA&feature=related]Drugs that make you smarter, and my experiences with them. - YouTube[/ame]

the text below suggest this sort of "stacking"

Morning:
    2g Piracetam
    20mg Vinpocetine
    500mg DMAE

Evening
    2g Piracetam
    10mg Vinpocetine
    500mg DMAE

the other interesting thing about this video is that in the end he sais, the UNANIMOUSLY proven ways to increase your brainpower is:

good sleep, good diet, and excercise...

other things may worlk, but the results are never 100%