NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 614 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: can I take Naproxen 500 mg after I have taken a tylenol 3.

1. Default can I take Naproxen 500 mg after I have taken a tylenol 3.

If so, how many hours should i wait before I take the Naproxen, such as I took the Tylenol 3 at 11:00, and it's 2:19, is it okay?

2. why do people come in here asking questions that a crazy person can answer u and give u wrong answer for christ sakes call the pharmacist duhhhhhhhhhhhh or ur doctor im sorry im mean but dam

3. i think u shouldnt because that can cause stomach bleeding

4. i think the recommended time frame is every four to six hours. you dont want to take both medications that closely together. it is also recommended to alternate between naproxen and tylenol. taking to much tylenol over an extended period of time is very harsh on your liver and can also cause stomach problems. make sure your eating and drinking lots of water while your on medication.

5. I would wait 6 hours after the Tylenol.

I think youll be okay to take them anytime. After i gave birth i was prescribed vicodin and naproxen and took them at the same time.

7. sure , its fine. Tylenol 3 has codeine, naproxen is an Nsaid , you can take it now

8. No. I mean it probably won't kill you but it is not good. I believe that the recommended dosage of Naproxen is only 500mg/day and not for an extended period of time. Don't take anything else.

9. i really hope you're not on the road to addiction. i started with tylenol 3. ended up losing everything 5 years later chasing oxycontin 80's. 4 years of recovery and i am back to where i started, trying to be a normal contributer to society

Just a forewarning. seriously. i thought it was nothing. i thought wrong.

i am not looking down on you or scolding you. i just worry about anyone and everyone i see that mentions pain medicine. So if u do get addicted i will back hand u and tell u i told u so.

Otherwise. if the doc prescribed them together, it is ok to even take them at the same time. the noproxen is less powerfull than the codiene in the tylenols.

good luck and be careful

10. (READ WHOLE THING!!!!!!)I THINK it is fine i have taken stuff like that and Naproxen is like a strong advil but you should call and ask a local pharmacy or a docter. Not just random people and I would not take my advice and still call i THINK it is ok i am NOT COMPLETLY SURE! So call a docter or pharmacy and just plain ask!

11. drink lots of water, and eat regularly. don't starve yourself, because once you start eating again, you'll gain everything back, trust me.

eat lots of fruits and veggies, and if you eat bread, make sure it's whole grain. white bread is pretty fattening. you can also eat lean meats, like fish, turkey and chicken breast. eggs also help when trying to lose weight.

skip out on sweets, candy, sugary foods, chips, ice cream, cake, and cookies.

if you feel hungry, but don't want to over eat, chew gum. it'll keep your mouth busy and it tricks yourself into thinking your eating.

cut out ALL soda! if you stop drinking soda, it helps you out a lot!
    and don't forget to exercise!

try walking, jogging, jump rope, dancing, bike riding and swimming. try exercising for 45-80 minutes a day.
    good luck!
    Source(s):
    personal experience

You don't need to, or else it will lead to overdose. It's tantamount to taking aspirin when you've already taken an analgesic.

QVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant future

There is some misinformation out there which is troubling. I think it's important to address the issue of content: naproxen is an NSAID, and in an entirely different class of drugs as tylenol. Tylenol 3 is just tylenol with codeine added, typically at 30mg/500mg codeine/acetaminophen dosage. Since they are all fundamentally different types of drugs, there is no reason to suspect toxicity risk from any one of them if a T3 is mixed with a naproxen 500mg. This is different than say, mixing a T3 with a Nyquil, which has tylenol in it as well, thereby presenting a toxicity risk to the liver. Of course you should follow the prescription and ask a pharmacist if you have these sorts of questions, but let's assume that you don't have access to a pharmacist or a doctor, but do have access to this forum. Is it acceptable to add a T3 on to a naproxen 500mg?

The answer is quite simply, yes, it is acceptable to "piggyback" (or add onto within a couple of hours of taking the first pill) tylenol or tylenol 3 (if prescribed) onto naproxen 500mg. It presents no risk of toxicity or possible drug-drug interaction. The greatest risk would be from the codeine, which can trigger an allergic reaction, and therefore should only be taken under the auspices of a physician.

So rest easy, and stay pain-free.

Remember not to go over 1500mg naproxen in a 24 hour time period, or more than the equivalent of 1000mg acetaminophen every 4 hours in a 24 hour period. There is no ceiling on the codeine, and since it is mixed with tylenol, you would surely become toxic on the tylenol before you reached any unacceptable dosage of codeine.

14. I would go at least six hours. Youcan't go over 1500 mg of naproxen in a 24 hour period, or more than 4000 mg of tylenol in a 24 hour period. be careful anytime these medications are part of what you're taking.

I asked my pharmasist (do the same please!) if It was ok to take cough medicine containing tylenol while on ibuprofen. She said it was not a problem at all

16. I have used Naproxen with Soma and Hydrocodone. No reall issues for me. Just don't drink.

denman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to behold

WHHHAAATTT?!!! This thread is from 2009. LMAO OK forget the whole answer I just typed out, lol.

sorry for wasting the bandwidth
    Last edited by denman66; 11-18-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: r u kidding
    Hello lamp. Hellloooo pants FIND GARY BUSEY! FIND GARY BUSEY!

Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by denman66 View Post
    WHHHAAATTT?!!! This thread is from 2009. LMAO OK forget the whole answer I just typed out, lol.

sorry for wasting the bandwidth

Well, you made me chuckle
    Back to the beginning......

denman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to beholddenman66 is a splendid one to behold

well then the 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back from writing that post was well worth it then, LMAO! hell, thats what I'm here for...
    Glad I could be of service LOL
    Hello lamp. Hellloooo pants FIND GARY BUSEY! FIND GARY BUSEY!