Thread: I took two ibuprofen on an empty stomach..?

Chris_WFC is offline Junior Member

Default I took two ibuprofen on an empty stomach..

And I can't keep anything down..I threw up a few sips of tea. Is there anything I should do like eat something or keep sipping water? Thanks.
    No I can't really get any sleep as I've got the flu which is why I took the ibuprofen in the first place but like the idiot I am I forgot about taking them on an empty stomach.

Angela M is offline Junior Member

Stick with the water and remember to eat something before taking any more Ibuprofen. It clearly states on the box that you should not take them on an empty stomach, it can aggrivate the lining!!

Eamz is offline Junior Member

If you mean your throwing up, i doubt its the ibuprofen thats doing that.

vonny is offline Junior Member

Should have had something to eat first with ibuprofen. It normally says so on the pack. Some people are worse than others with this as it affects the lining of the stomach. Dont take any more pills & try some dry bread & milk as milk will soothe & bread will absorb( should help to ease reasonably quickly). Next time eat something first & take the pills with a cuppa which will dissolve it more quickly & not make it so harsh on your tum. (God I'm beginning to sound like my mum!).

Acka is offline Junior Member

Keep with water.

If you are only chucking it up, why waste anything else.

can you get some sleep? that is helpful.

Fortunastar is offline Junior Member

Well first of all, you should always have something to eat with taking any Ibuprofen meds!!! If you are throwing up, then maybe your stomach is very sensitive to the meds, but don't worry, it will pass.
    Keep drinking water, and eat again when you have stopped feeling sick, oh and don't forget next time you take the meds, eat!!!

kieranooo1 is offline Junior Member

?? there not crack dude dont worry?!?!

Gus S is offline Junior Member

Seriously??!! I do that all the time when I wake up with a hangover. And even with the hangover I'm able to keep from puking.

citeog is offline Junior Member

My friend did that last year and died in his sleep.Go to the hosp. right away.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................(do you think he believes me).