Thread: 5600 mg/5.6 g of Ibuprofen lethal?

1. Default 5600 mg/5.6 g of Ibuprofen lethal

I was wondering if 5600 mg of ibuprofen would be a lethal dose for a 5'2", 120 pound, 15 year old female.

2. I would say don't do it.What ever it is it is not worth it.

3. To put your question in context the max dosage of ibu to be taken in an 8 hour period for an adult is 800 mg if you take 7 times that in one sitting your going to fry your stomach and liver in one sitting likely to suffer alot, may not kill you right away itll be slow and painful

4. You would probably go into renal or liver failure, that in itself would not be lethal if treated but if untreated yes it would be...

5. i dont know .. but i hope you are not trying to commit suicide... if you are.. DONT.. u will thank me later on .. if u arent .. well good for u

6. most likely

7. Don't do that. A dose that massive could cause painful intestinal bleeding and cerebral bleeding. You may not die and end up a vegetable.

Default Ibuprofen

is 45400mg of ibuprofen enough to kill a 136lbs, 5'11" 15 year old guy?

tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    45,400mg or 45.4 grams is way above the maximum dose for ibuprofen which is 1.2g. There's no way to be sure if it will be fatal, but it can be---however, there are cases where patients still survive although with irreversible damage to major body organs.

OMG, are you trying to kill someone?! A normal dose is 400mg, taken 3x a day (so that's 1200mg). Though under medical advice, adults can take up to 3200mg. But 5600 is just too much!
    Last edited by Ella; 11-18-2010 at 11:50 AM.