Thread: I was prescribed penicillin, 1 tablet every 6 hours- does that mean that I need to...

1. Default I was prescribed penicillin, 1 tablet every 6 hours- does that mean that I need to...

wake in the middle of the night to take a pill because it's a very strict time-set, or is it more relaxed, like 3 times a day?

No..you do not need to wake in the middle of the night. Just take your meds while your awake every 6 hours. It will be fine.

You don't need to wake up to take it, just during the day. But MAKE SURE that you take ALL of them. Some people don't and the bacteria isn't completely killed. The bacteria that's left grows immune to the penicillin... which is bad.

4. Well, it's every six hours so it's more like 4 times a day. I would take it right away when you get up, and then take it right before you go to bed, and two other times in the day... I wouldn't get up in the middle of the night. It's not that strict.

tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    Ideally, that should be the case, the drug should be taken every 6 hours or every 8 hours depending on the instructions. However, what I tell my patients is to take the meds 1 in breakfast, another in lunch and in dinner, that is if it should be every 8 hours. If it's every six hours, you can take one before going to sleep as long as their stomach isn't empty.

6. Hi to all, I really appreciate your helpful answers and advices. I'm glad I don't need to wake up at night just to take the last dose.