Thread: How long does it really take for penicillin to go bad?

1. Default How long does it really take for penicillin to go bad

My RX was filled 5/3/2007 and it says to discard by 5/3/2008. I realize im 5 months too late. My ? is, we dont have health insurance and I saved it from last sickness, now im getting sick this year! Can I take it?

2. it goes for 1 year but you still need to take a full 10 days otherwise it won't work.

3. I've heard the military stockpiles the stuff for years. I'll be interested in the answer you get from this. I hope a doctor or pharmacist sees the question and gives us an answer. I know what it's like to be without health insurance and need antibiotics! Good luck!

4. i don't know but oregano oil is a really good natural antibiotic and you can get a bottle for like $20 and it will last through several illnesses. it even kills MRSI and candida!! google it for info and dosing. i order from vitacost.com it's cheaper there.

i just wanted to add that i have used this personally several times for strep and once for a wound that got infected. worked better than anything i have ever used and no uncomfortable side effects!! be careful it has to be diluted, it's HOT!!

tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    Manufacturers usually stamp the expiry date 3 years from the date the drug is made. Though I have yet to read a report on any fatality in taking expired penicillin, the only concern so far with expired penicillin is loss of effectiveness. There's a study in the UK on the stability of certain drugs post expiry date an done of those drugs studied is penicillin. Results show that there's acceptable loss of efficacy on penicillin 3 months beyond its expiry date.

In short, you may opt to take the drug but do not expect it to work really well since drugs lose its efficacy over time.

6. Thanks everyone for your replies.