Thread: Pregnant while on Methotrexate and with an IUD

LupusMommy is offline Junior Member

Default Pregnant while on Methotrexate and with an IUD

I have lupus and am on a variety of medications and one of them is methotrexate. I have been having some pregnancy symptoms and am a day or two late for my period. I have a paragard IUD so really doubt I am but a bit worried. I don't know if it is even possible to get pregnant while on methotrexate.

coolfloridian is offline Junior Member

I don't know about that drug, but I do know it's possible - though highly unlikely - become pregnant with an IUD. See your doctor, or take a pregnancy test, as soon as possible, so that if you are, you can make any decisions that you'd need to make.

Different things can cause a late period, including stress, and even slight hormonal changes. I hope that you're not, since it sounds like this wasn't planned. Good luck.

tinmuning is online now Moderator
    tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    It is possible to get pregnant with methotrexate. That's why women are advised to take precautions not to get pregnant while on this drug.

While IUD is a widely-used form of contraceptive, it is not 100% effective. However, from what I read from your post, you haven't confirmed yet whether you're pregnant or not so get yourself tested first.