Thread: can phenobarbital get you high?

1. Default can phenobarbital get you high

i have some phenobarbital lying around in my house and it says it causes hallucinations. i was just wondering if you wer'ent prescribed to this what would it do to your body (im not saying i would do it and just highly curious) and also will it get you high?

i have some phenobarbital lying around in my house and it says it causes hallucinations. i was just wondering if you weren't prescribed to this what would it do to your body (im not saying i would do it and just highly curious) and also will it get you high?
    Last edited by ladypam; 01-17-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Taking phenobarbital just because you want to take it (and I am not saying you do) can make you sedated. It is a popular medication given to stop seizures and epileptic episodes, in both humans and dogs.

On being high, it may give you a surreal feeling, which some has described as being high. In other instance, it is taken to calm nerves.

Hope this helps.

3. Exclamation phenobarbital

just to take phenobarbital to get high is stupid, i was on that for years and all it did was bring me down, in the end it made me have suicidal thoughts and i acted on them by taking an overdose on phenobarbital 3000mg (not fun) waking up having a tube up ur nose with charcoal going up it try blowing that out. i wouldn't recommend that medicine to no one now i am on topamax before i was having to take dilantin and phenobarbital now i just take topamax and i have been seizure free for three years and no suicide thoughts so i blame the other medicines. so stay away from them!
    Last edited by vickipring; 05-02-2009 at 10:52 AM.
    Helpful heartsoup Rated helpful