Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone had ambien just -not work-

1. Default Has anyone had ambien just -not work-

I've been taking Ambien 10 mg.s for about three weeks. While it makes me sleepy and allows me to fall asleep, I still wake up 3-4 hours later. I've taken it with melatonin (5 mg) and I STILL wake up 3-4 hours later. I had the same result with the CR version. If you've had it fail, what HAS worked? BTW I have textbook perfect "sleep hygiene" so there is nothing else to do there.

2. Ambien does simply not work for some people. I didn't like it. My mom hated the original. Liked the CR version better. Doesn't take her through the night though.

She's recently using a sleep recording cd & it's working. Not much works for her so that was different.

Melatonin puts me to sleep but I wake up feeling like I never went to sleep. Some of the other drugs to that too. Some are great stimulents for me, like Valerian root.

I have learned how to sleep more, better with sheer persistence. I also readjusted my schedule so I wake up, do things, then go back to sleep when that happens. This will sound odd but rolling my eyes when trying to fall asleep seems to send the right signals. I roll round the outside, then back & forth & up & down (for a couple seconds). A doctor I know has had some success with patients, CFS in particular, using provigil in tiny doses 10mg taken before bed or when waking up middle of the night.

There's a couple antidepressents when taken in mini doses can put you to sleep. Tricyclide family I think. Can't think of the name of the one that used to work that way for me, atripotphine?. That's not it but something like that. I stopped because of other effects & it did have some hangover for me. I was smashing it & taking a smidge.

Mirtazipine, it is a sadative anti depressant and if I do not drink alchohol it works through the night, I was on Zolpidem and one was not enough and two made me pass out, just fall to the ground in seconds it was very dangerous.

I think you should go for a sadative anti depressant.

4. I usually take the 5mg and I get up 3-4 hours later as well (I have the CR) version.
    Have you tried taking Benedryl instead? That puts me out as well. Also, check to see if you have some outside influences waking you up - your body may be responding to something you hear or light; perhaps ear plugs and/or a mask might be in order.

Good luck!

5. Have you considered heroin?

Featured is offline Banned Reason: Medstore-Online.com-Lowbudget-Pharmacy.com Shill

It may not help you or it may be of bad quality. Any way try to change it into something else.

auto is offline Banned Reason: Trying to sell wares through the forum and generally posting only junk

I think it may not help you or i am agree to festured comment that it may be a fake ambien becoz ambien is the most used and trusted medication for sleeping purpose.

8. Ambien works sometimes for me and other times it doesn't..more often than not it doesn't..and when it does seem to work it takes about 2 to 3 hours before it knocks me out.

Ambien doesn't work for me either. It doesn't help me stay asleep nor does it help with falling asleep. I remember wanting to sleep once and being frustrated that a 10mg Ambien didn't work so I took 30mg and all I ended up with was hallucinations and inability to walk for an hour. I stopped taking it 2 years ago.

However, I have found much better alternatives:

Mirtazepan - a low dose knocks me out and helps me stay asleep the whole night. I take 3.75 - 7.50 mg. Anything more and I end up sleeping for 14 hours!

Gabapentin - I like this more as it not only helps me fall asleep and stay asleep, but also enhances my sleep quality. There is a research showing how it increases slow-wave sleep and improves sleep architecture. Pregabalin also works the same, but I haven't tried it yet. I take a low dose (75mg - 100mg) and I find that I wake up more refreshed.

Also, you mentioned you take Melatonin. I've noticed that if I take more than 0.5 mg my sleep becomes restless with vivid dreams, sometimes nightmares, and I almost always wake up. Perhaps you could try lowering your Melatonin dosage and see if it helps. Too much Melatonin gives the opposite effect for some people.

Good luck, and let us know if you try something that works.

QVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant future

Stay away from ambien! I would warn anyone about the dangers of ambien.

This is repeated from another thread but I thought it worth re-posting here:

I had an experience where I mixed alcohol with ativan and ambien (similar Mechanism of action as lunesta) and that was the only time I've ever gotten in an accident. I don't remember hitting the tree, or the airbag, only standing outside a church near where I lived, being told not to walk away by the police. After that, a bright white light from when I was in jail, and then my memory returns by the time I was released.

Some people have reported retrograde amnesia after driving (like me) and mixing soma with alcohol and lunesta can cause respiratory depression and death.

Anyway, I asked my doc about the blackout, and he just described it as chemical soup. When you have mixtures of medicines, then one mechanism of action can offset another mechanism of action, and it sends mixed signals to the brain (alcohol for instance affects multiple neurotransmitters at the same time, causing your brain to go haywire with up-regulation of GABA and dopamine and down-regulation of glutamate and others, which accounts for its intoxicating effect) and the truth is that a doctor cannot definitively say what is going on with your brain at that point. So if you want a pathophysiological explanation, that will be hard to find.

But ambien is the only one that causes anterograde amnesia. So I blame the ambien, and only the ambien, for that accident.
    Last edited by QVC1212; 03-07-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: unnecessary information removed

Quote Originally Posted by QVC1212 View Post
    Stay away from ambien! I would warn anyone about the dangers of ambien.

This is repeated from another thread but I thought it worth re-posting here:

I had an experience where I mixed alcohol with ativan and ambien (similar Mechanism of action as lunesta) and that was the only time I've ever gotten in an accident. I don't remember hitting the tree, or the airbag, only standing outside a church near where I lived, being told not to walk away by the police. After that, a bright white light from when I was in jail, and then my memory returns by the time I was released.

Some people have reported retrograde amnesia after driving (like me) and mixing soma with alcohol and lunesta can cause respiratory depression and death.

Anyway, I asked my doc about the blackout, and he just described it as chemical soup. When you have mixtures of medicines, then one mechanism of action can offset another mechanism of action, and it sends mixed signals to the brain (alcohol for instance affects multiple neurotransmitters at the same time, causing your brain to go haywire with up-regulation of GABA and dopamine and down-regulation of glutamate and others, which accounts for its intoxicating effect) and the truth is that a doctor cannot definitively say what is going on with your brain at that point. So if you want a pathophysiological explanation, that will be hard to find.

But ambien is the only one that causes anterograde amnesia. So I blame the ambien, and only the ambien, for that accident.
    Honestly, I simply cannot understand why you blame the Ambien & only the Ambien. I mean, if there's something that makes Ambien just so incredibly dangerous that you'd think the Ambien was only to blame for the accident & the alcohol is barely even worth mentioning, then I'd really like to know about it, because people I really care about take Ambien.

Also... Tell me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like the point in time at which you really weren't aware of what was happening at all & have no recollection whatsoever of are the moments right before your crash, & the moments directly after it (although you're probably missing hardly any memory of what was going on right before the car crash, & are missing completely at least a couple hours of memory from right after the crash). That's exactly what happens after you suffer a head injury.

I think the reason that you were driving carelessly enough to crash into a tree in the first place was because you were on three substances that all work on the same receptors, which is always looking for trouble. However, the cause of your short term amnesia was almost certainly due to a head injury. The way the period of time that you suffered from amnesia for in relation to when your accident happened couldn't correspond any more perfectly to a head injury.
    Doctors miss them all the time; & doctors have zero tolerance for anybody involved in a substance-induced car crash... It's wrong, but it doesn't change the fact that surgeons & doctors just won't give those people the time of day.

It's possible you could have sustained a Traumatic Brain Injury or mTBI (Mild Traumatic Brain Injury) from that accident; they usually go undiagnosed unless the person ends up comatose or something. I'd suggest you read a bit about it on the internet & if you feel it doesn't apply to you, then that's wonderful & you're lucky as hell.

(I was thrown almost 20 feet through a windshield, so that's how I know about all this so much & why I get extra concerned about such things; personal experience.)

12. I took ambien during a detox program for opiates. Didn't help me sleep at all. Made me feel like crap. I felt like I was extremely drugged up from it!
    feeling good

QVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant future

@Skeletal_Wings You are the first person to question whether ambien was solely to blame for the accident. All I can say is that I have ingested alcohol and ativan simultaneously before (yes, it was substance abuse) and never experienced any amnesia. Yet, there have been times when I have taken ambien and only ambien (no other prescription or illicit medicine in the previous 48 hours) and yet experienced amnesia. For instance, I would find crumbs in bed but have no recollection of having eaten anything in the middle of the night. Or I would have left the television on, my family discovered it, but I had no recollection. I believe that, if taken at doses higher than 10mg (the maximum therapeutic dose allowed) it can cause amnesia. But I had never considered traumatic brain injury from the accident because it was apparently at low-speed, although high enough for the air bag to deploy. I believe your comments merit a re-consideration of events, especially in regards to TBI. Thank you for sharing a new perspective! I hope that it was not a traumatic brain injury, but I do remember most of the events leading to the crash.
    Usually, police find caches of drugs in cars during such crashes. Not with me. In my trunk, they discovered toilet paper and doughnuts. I forgot to mention that. I do remember buying them. They turned out to be pretty good doughnuts.

After reading about it mild TBI, there seem to be some resemblances. Of course, one can never be sure, can they?
    Last edited by QVC1212; 03-11-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: new thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by QVC1212 View Post
    @Skeletal_Wings You are the first person to question whether ambien was solely to blame for the accident. All I can say is that I have ingested alcohol and ativan simultaneously before (yes, it was substance abuse) and never experienced any amnesia. Yet, there have been times when I have taken ambien and only ambien (no other prescription or illicit medicine in the previous 48 hours) and yet experienced amnesia. For instance, I would find crumbs in bed but have no recollection of having eaten anything in the middle of the night. Or I would have left the television on, my family discovered it, but I had no recollection. I believe that, if taken at doses higher than 10mg (the maximum therapeutic dose allowed) it can cause amnesia. But I had never considered traumatic brain injury from the accident because it was apparently at low-speed, although high enough for the air bag to deploy. I believe your comments merit a re-consideration of events, especially in regards to TBI. Thank you for sharing a new perspective! I hope that it was not a traumatic brain injury, but I do remember most of the events leading to the crash.
    Usually, police find caches of drugs in cars during such crashes. Not with me. In my trunk, they discovered toilet paper and doughnuts. I forgot to mention that. I do remember buying them. They turned out to be pretty good doughnuts.

After reading about it mild TBI, there seem to be some resemblances. Of course, one can never be sure, can they?
    I definitely don't question your statement about whether or not Ambien can cause amnesia; I myself have actually had a couple of experiences with Ambien & amnesia, although they all seemed to be relatively "minor" I suppose, & occured when I was first prescribed Ambien at a dose of 15mg each night (lord knows what that doctor was thinking). As you said, I was simply trying to share a new perspective on all of that with you, & I'm very happy that you found it to be helpful (or interesting, at least)!
    I most certainly hope that you don't have a Traumatic Brain Injury, either... I know from personal experience how devastating they can be. However, the fact that your accident was apparently at a relatively low speed drastically lowers your chance of having any sort of brain injury... your amnesia after that event could perhaps have been a combination of Post-Concussion Syndrome & the Ambien, obviously I really don't know for sure & most likely nobody can; however, I personally highly doubt that you'd have experienced any perminant brain damage from an accident that occurred at a low speed.

Obviously, though, I'm no expert, & am just speculating on possibilities & sharing my two cents on the situation, since I figure that it certainly can't hurt

15. It probably doesn't work because it's counterfeit. The last three orders of ambien I got were fake. One of them was from rxpharma24hrs. The sent me green 20mg. tablets. I've never heard of 20 mg. ambien. I don't know whom to trust anymore.

I tried India Meds, and they sent me good Ambien, but they had to send the order three times.
    Last edited by tinmuning; 03-21-2011 at 05:46 AM.

16. I was just getting ready to call my regular doctor and tell her that the change to DST had ruined my sleep schedule. She doesn't believe in ambien or any drug that can cause dependency, so I have to beg, plead, cry, over and over. The whole routine makes me sick.
    Last edited by tinmuning; 03-21-2011 at 05:46 AM.

tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by virgos View Post
    It probably doesn't work because it's counterfeit. The last three orders of ambien I got were fake. One of them was from rxpharma24hrs. The sent me green 20mg. tablets. I've never heard of 20 mg. ambien. I don't know whom to trust anymore.

I tried India Meds, and they sent me good Ambien, but they had to send the order three times.
    Quote Originally Posted by virgos View Post
    I was just getting ready to call my regular doctor and tell her that the change to DST had ruined my sleep schedule. She doesn't believe in ambien or any drug that can cause dependency, so I have to beg, plead, cry, over and over. The whole routine makes me sick.
    @virgos I had to remove parts of your posts which mention feedbacks on your order in a particular pharmacy and copy/paste it to make a new thread about that source. It's all here: Abroad Pharma.

The reason why I did this is I want to prevent OT (out of topic) posts from members asking about Abroad Pharma in this thread. Remember, the topic is about Ambien that does not work as expected.

18. Some who do not react to Ambian like it is intended have better results with Lunesta....(and visa versa).

I found Lunesta did not work for me, but Ambian had great results. I get great sleep quality. My problem is actually inducing the sleeping. I also preform perfect sleep hygiene. It is a battle I have fought for a good portion of my life. Unfortunately as I get older my body/mind doesn't deal with lack of sleep like it did in my younger years. So if I don't stay proactive with my sleeping issues....I suffer from tougher repercussions these days. I have not meet, talked to, or even found more than one DR that understood that its a very real problem...and its a lot more than just an inconvenience.

I hope you find what helps/works for you. I know what you are going through.

It probably doesn't work because it's counterfeit. The last three orders of ambien I got were fake
    That was my first thought. There is a lot of bunk ambien going around from iops

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogmoon View Post
    Some who do not react to Ambian like it is intended have better results with Lunesta....(and visa versa).

I found Lunesta did not work for me, but Ambian had great results. I get great sleep quality. My problem is actually inducing the sleeping.
    I took all 'Z' drugs and found they all had advantages. Sonata is only good with .2mg of Melatonin for a shor nap. Will wake up in an hour or better. Lunesta helps you stay alsleep a bit longer but the next day makes everything including water taste like the green butterfly droppings. Ambien is the best for me but my partnet tells me I do some nutty things.

BTW=CHELSEA HANDLER says you can drink vadka with Lunesta. If she tole me to jump I'd say where (Kidding) or am I???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast