Thread: I ASKED IF FIORINAL AND METHADONE HAD ANY NEGATIVE EFFECTS ON EACH OTHER i ASKED A BILLION TIMES NOBODY EVER H

1. Default I ASKED IF FIORINAL AND METHADONE HAD ANY NEGATIVE EFFECTS ON EACH OTHER i ASKED A BILLION TIMES NOBODY EVER H

i NEEDED TO KNOW IF YOU SHOULDN;T TAKE ONE WITH THE OTHER OR IF ONE MAKES THE OTHER LESS POTENT , BUT NOBODY BOTHERED TO EVEN RESPOOIND WITH ANYTHING, SO WHY ARE YOU GUY THE BESSSSST ANSWERE SYSTEM?!

Call a pharmacist. Why the hell would you trust a bunch of teenagers on the internet with your health?
    Helpful Squelix, naynay, mojomonster, lemon2121 Rated helpful
    Like DB Dicey, sambob liked this post

3. I found this online

METHADONE (in Methadone Diskets) may interact with BUTALBITAL (in Fiorinal)

"This combination may cause a reduced effect of the methadone, and patients who have been treated with methadone for a long period of time may experience withdrawal symptoms. This is most likely a result of increased removal of methadone from the body. Discuss this potential interaction with your healthcare provider at your next appointment, or sooner if you think you are having problems.

This interaction is poorly documented and is considered moderate in severity."
    Helpful Squelix, naynay, mojomonster, lemon2121 Rated helpful

4. I found this online

METHADONE (in Methadone Diskets) may interact with BUTALBITAL (in Fiorinal)

"This combination may cause a reduced effect of the methadone, and patients who have been treated with methadone for a long period of time may experience withdrawal symptoms. This is most likely a result of increased removal of methadone from the body. Discuss this potential interaction with your healthcare provider at your next appointment, or sooner if you think you are having problems.

This interaction is poorly documented and is considered moderate in severity."
    Helpful mojomonster, lemon2121 Rated helpful

There is no known adverse effects that may occur between the two medications. It is quite safe to take it together. There is no connection between the two.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ladypam View Post
    There is no known adverse effects that may occur between the two medications. It is quite safe to take it together. There is no connection between the two.
    Same here. I found out that there is no negative interaction between two the two medications.

7. thank you so much for taking the time to answer a question that will probably save my f'd up drug addidcted life.
    Helpful mojomonster, lemon2121 Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by angela b View Post
    i NEEDED TO KNOW IF YOU SHOULDN;T TAKE ONE WITH THE OTHER OR IF ONE MAKES THE OTHER LESS POTENT , BUT NOBODY BOTHERED TO EVEN RESPOOIND WITH ANYTHING, SO WHY ARE YOU GUY THE BESSSSST ANSWERE SYSTEM?!
    Angela, I know you wrote this a long time ago, but this is my first day here, and I need to answer this question for you, I just hope you are still a member. I am a chronic pain sufferer who also is addicted to the narcotics which help me live a somewhat normal life..I have been on methadone maintenance since 1983 off and on and I have been on for good since 2001. Barbituates will drain the methadone right out of your system (It happened to me) please write to me if you are on methadone and I can send you a list of drugs you shouldn't take while on methadone,,People mean well, but you can't learn anything from a book unless you have lived through it..If your doctor prescribed both of these medications at the same time, you may want to dind another doctor that knows that he/she is doing....
    FrankiesMom
    Helpful lemon2121 Rated helpful
    Like 5150_bound liked this post
    Do something nice for someone and don't tell anyone about it..

9. i totally agree with FrankiesMom.
    btw- congrats on breaking the handcuffs. woot! great job!!
    Helpful mojomonster Rated helpful
    Like Keith K Stone, naynay, lemon2121 liked this post

@5150_bound please do not bump any more 2 year old threads.
    Like riverstyx liked this post

nola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to behold

I cant take fiorinal at all. it puts me in withdrawl almost instantly from methadone. you got to be super careful about what meds you take on methadone antibiotics, non narcotic pain meds, and even over the counter meds can really make you sick if you dont do your home work on them before taking them. but fiorinol and fiorocet both make me ill.
    Helpful catyvid Rated helpful

12. a strong opioid like methadone and barbiturate? that cant be a good combination, even without any interactions. both meds do have a high breathing suppression, so mixing them both could be dangerous.
    Helpful mojomonster, nola Rated helpful
    Like lemon2121 liked this post

urbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the rough

MONITOR: The coadministration of barbiturates and methadone may result in decreased plasma concentrations of the latter. There have been case reports of patients receiving methadone maintenance treatment who performed poorly or developed withdrawal symptoms during the use of barbiturates, which generally correlated with low plasma methadone levels. The mechanism of the interaction is accelerated clearance of methadone due to induction of hepatic CYP450 enzymatic activities by barbiturates. Although the interaction has only been reported with phenobarbital and pentobarbital, it is expected to occur with all barbiturates based on their known enzyme-inducing capabilities.

MANAGEMENT: Caution is advised during concomitant therapy with these agents. Pharmacologic response to methadone should be closely monitored and the dosage adjusted accordingly, particularly following initiation, discontinuation or change of dosage of the barbiturate in patients who are stabilized on their methadone regimen. Patients should be advised to notify their caregiver if they experience possible symptoms of methadone withdrawal, including restlessness, insomnia, sweating, lacrimation, or rhinorrhea.

taken from Drug Interactions Checker Results - Drugs.com

and other good one to check contraindications is
    Medscape: Medscape Access

now i know this a really old post. but maybe someone else is taking both of these together
    Iím just dying for the government to take over my healthcare.