Thread: Ambien effects and will it show up on a drug test

ellasmommyX2 is offline Junior Member

Default Ambien effects and will it show up on a drug test

I am currently high as hell on Ambien (10mg X 6 pills). And now I am a bit disconcerted with the fact that I have to take a 9-panel drug test on Monday. However, given that Ambien is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic, I do not believe that it will show up on the drug screen. It feels sort weird.... like I am in my own little world (sort of like dreaming) but then I can come back to reality.... Thoughts?

Str8 Shooter is offline Junior Member

Ambien (zolpidem) can show up as a false-positive for a benzo in a urine test as they share certain properties, but the extremely short half-life of zolpidem means that it is usually undetectable after 6-14 hours.

Brain Babe is offline Junior Member

For a guy who is in higher education, you sure are making some dumb choices. Do you realize that Ambien is addictive, and could slow down your breathing enough to kill you, especially if you have another medication in your system?

I hope it does show up on your drug test, that they bust your sorry butt and you get some help. Otherwise you are wasting your money, or worse yet, your parent's money, going to college.

I'm not even sure how you function on such a dosage! I took the medication at a legitimate dosage for true sleep problems, and it used to knock me out and then I'd get up and sleep-walk...I hope you aren't driving around in a daze putting innocent people at risk, or endangering others in any other way.

Do yourself a favor and check into a drug rehab program, before you kill yourself, or worse, before you kill an INNOCENT PERSON!

Oceloot is offline Member

[lang=fr]Bonjour, je up a nouveau ce topic pour une question.

Il y a peu j'ai suivi un traitement au zolpidem de très courte durée 3 jour pour 1 comprimée par jour, seulement pour un simple retour au rythme normal. (10mg)

J'ai pris mon dernier comprimé le 10 juillet et j'aimerai savoir si je risque un positif au benzodiazepine pour une analyse d'urine effectué le 29 juillet.

Merci d'avance pour vos réponses.[/lang]

Kept is offline Member
    Kept will become famous soon enoughKept will become famous soon enoughKept will become famous soon enough

If you last pill was on the 10th and your test was the 29th you really shouldn't have anything to worry about. Ambien doesn't have a very long half life, so I can't imagine there would even be a trace. Seriously, don't stress, you're fine!

realxsalo is offline Senior Member
    realxsalo will become famous soon enoughrealxsalo will become famous soon enough

hahaha ambien, lovely stuff
    Im no an expert but zolpidem doesnt share any chemicals similarities with benzodiazepines so it wouldnt show up in any drug tests