Thread: Is Triamcinolone Acetonide appropriate for cold sore?

Default Is Triamcinolone Acetonide appropriate for cold sore

I have a really bad cold sore with two big blisters on both lips. anyway, the doctor at my college clinic prescribed me with Triamcinolone Acetonide coming as dental paste. After i read the instruction, which says the medication should not be used if having herpes-type infection, i am now very confused and worried. Could anyone please help me? I'd appreciate it!
    well, i was told to apply twice daily. my concern is that whether or not this medication will make sore even worse.

tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    The usual drugs indicated for treatment of cold sores are:
    Docosanol 10% cream &/or topical acyclovir - faster healing
    ibuprofen or acetaminophen - for pain relief

Triamcinolone Acetonide dental paste is a temporary relief of symptoms associated with oral inflammatory lesions and ulcerative lesions resulting from trauma. Not really indicated for a HSV caused lesion but it may address the symptom, NOT the cause.

3. Default cold sore

While it is not possible to eradicate the herpes simplex viruses from the body, outbreaks of cold sores can be treated. Aciclovir ointment can speed up the healing process and reduce the discomfort.
    Last edited by tinmuning; 10-18-2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: removed ad links

4. Default cold sore relief

This is a little off the subject but, I too suffer from cold sores. Since the age of 12. They were really getting more and more frequent for whatever reason ( 3-4 a month!) Went to my Dr. for some help about 10 years ago. The Dr.'s P.A. suggested I try 500mg of L-Tyrosine daily before we tried Rx. It's been 10 years now and I get them maybe 2 or 3 times a year! When I do feel one coming on, the tingle, I put Triamcinolone Acetonide on the area and it will either not develop or be very small. I also continue to use once it has developed and it helps heal. Hope this helps!

5. Smile cold sores, fever blisters, herpes, and shingles.

I have learned some helpful treatments for cold sore, fever blisters, herpes and shingles which are all of the same family. Because these are inflamed nerve endings, things applied topically do not heal as fast as help internally. For example. abreva used topically is LYSINE but if you take lysine 500 mg. internally, it will work faster with more lasting results. If you take lysine tablets (about 500mgs 3 x's a day) when you feel the FIRST nerve tingle, it may even help keep the blister from popping out. Caffenine, including chocolate which has caffenine, can make the blisters worse. Ice, vitamine E, aloe vera, are some things applied that helps. When shingles are too painful to even touch to apply anything topically, try putting some aloe vera juice in a spray bottle and spray the healing juice onto the blistered area (may want to sit in front of a fan). The presciption ACYLOVIR/zovirax is helpful for all of these problems. Eliminate as much stress as possible; rest; think on good things and happy thoughts and count/list your blessings to heal faster.