NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1191 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suboxone

hannibal72 will become famous soon enoughhannibal72 will become famous soon enough

If you are trying to get more out of suboxone, you should drink a glass or two of grapefruit juice an hour or two before you take the medication. It makes the serum levels in your blood stay higher for longer periods of time.

Also, if you take St. John's Wort an hour or so before taking suboxone it causes the suboxone to metabolize into a stronger medication, Norbuprenorphine.

I've tried Tagamet which I believe works in the same way GFJ does to block certain enzymes from breaking down the drug and became very ill after a few days. I believe it wasn't allowing the bupe to convert to norbupe and threw me into w/d very quickly. I am already on an antidepressant which is contraindicated w/SJW. I think I've gotten all I can out of bupe and just want off. It's like getting all the negatives that go with opiate use with no positives. It just keeps me out of w/d.(somewhat)

Billybarz will become famous soon enoughBillybarz will become famous soon enough

I have been taking pain medications since 1999. off & on till consistant in 2003. The reason I started is due to multiple back surgeries and permanant nerve damage. Subox is not a good solution for me because it does not help for pain. I had tried to find other options than using pain meds, but no luck so far. I have even quit cold turkey for 22 days. This was hell from the withdraws and back pain. Its a hell that is hard to describe.I did reach the other side, but the back pain was unberable. But life was beautiful as music goes, tastes, smell and other simple life experiences that we loose after the SUPERMAN EFFECT from the pains meds is gone. I did this against my surgeon and pain mgmnt Drs advice. I did find out exactly where I stood with my back, leg and arm pains from spinal damage and it was very disappointing, but life needed to go on. I know that subox is only for a 6 month detox program from OPS, tapering off mgs every month. I know this is so damn hard to do, but it can be done. I know for a FACT thatif u take subox for a long period of time 1+yrs, you can cause permanant damage in the brain and start having horrible mood swings, with fequent headaches and will effect your vision for good. BUt, what do u do when u don't feel normal.? U have to give it time, like over 45 days. The mental part will always be there, but will eventually fade off and on after 2 yrs or so.. TIME. If u are down to taking 1/4 a day @Cheytaegr1408 and feel awful, u are almost there! You are riding the detox fence and just need to stop that 1/4 a day and buckle down. You can do it! Esp with the big man at your side.. When u take ops and cross the subox with it, its not detox- its a chemical reaction that will make u sick- both cems. I wish everyone who is on subox to take that leap taper off and quit. I know u will be down, can't work, can't do crap during this period, but if u have that time, go for it. But if u have been taking for over 15 months, u will need to be under Dr supervision. Man, I feel for all of you.. SPrice 7 -10bucks. Methodone is cheap and u can get 30 day supply. And it works well. Even fore mild to moderate pain "BUT.". after taking it for a while " a few months, its a hard 6 weeks of physical detox HELL. Doing this on my mobile & don't have the vision I use too. I wish everyone the best. Have a great 4th.
    Helpful kineticode, steve3275 Rated helpful

Yeah that is exactly why I want off. I've been on maintenance for almost 4 years and I want off but yet I still get intense cravings...even on the sub. I was banging 3-4 8mg Dilaudid a day before going on sub and it seems I havent been the same since. The memory of that rush will never leave! Oh well I'll manage one way or another. Peace

5. Quote Originally Posted by lseven7 View Post
    Sounds like you guys are getting the last of the 8mg orange sublingual pills. They are no longer making those. The new ones are foil wrapped strips (like listerine strips) and are batch stamped and numbered, so if they turn up somewhere they are not supposed to, they can track it back.
    Ya I am not a fan of the new strips, I dont feel like they work as good. Also I do snort suboxone sometimes so the strips would not allow me to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    It does work if you taper down. I started two weeks ago taging 4mgs and now I am down to one. The physical problems only lasted 2 days. Thre rest is all mental withdraws and I have no idea how long that lasts. Anybody have and idea?
    The mental part can last a long time! I had the mental issue for almost 3 months and a buddy of mine said it took him 6 months to feel right mentally again. I think it has a lt to do of how much opiates you are on and how long you have been on them. If it is under a year then I would say 1 month and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman View Post
    Thanks Keith. Yes it does suck. Right now I have 8 Roxicodone 5s and I'm dying to take them even though I've taken 2mg of sub this morning. I sometimes wonder if Methadone would be a better option as I know once I kick sub my mind will always crave opiates. I just don't know how to best go about treating my depression/addiction problems. I've asked my doc who is a psychiatrist/addictionologist to let me try an ADD med but he is unwilling. All he cares about is getting his monthly fee.
    They dont like giving other addicting medications, although I think that is BS because you might be addicted to opiates but you are not addicted to anything else right? I have no problems quitting other drugs like alcohol, nicotine, cocaine or anything else. I believe once addicted to opiates people learn their lesson and dont abuse anything else or my other theory is that opiate w/d is so terrible that every other drug is a piece of cake to w/d from!

I am on Adderall and suboxone but I did not tell my psych that I am addicted to opiates because I know they wont treat my ADD. Find a new psychiatrist and dont mention your opiate addiction. My suboxone Dr. has no problem with me taking adderall. I have done a lot of research and it seems that adderall since it is amphetamine and releases dopamine actually helps you w/d from opiates. You will get energy and motivation and feel good while you are not taking opiates anymore. My questions are will opiate w/d start once you stop taking adderall? Does adderall cause the brain not to heal its neurotransmitters that are damaged and depleted after long term opiate abuse?

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 6 minutes after the last post:*

Quote Originally Posted by billybar View Post
    I have been taking pain medications since 1999. off & on till consistant in 2003. The reason I started is due to multiple back surgeries and permanant nerve damage. Subox is not a good solution for me because it does not help for pain. I had tried to find other options than using pain meds, but no luck so far. I have even quit cold turkey for 22 days. This was hell from the withdraws and back pain. Its a hell that is hard to describe.I did reach the other side, but the back pain was unberable. But life was beautiful as music goes, tastes, smell and other simple life experiences that we loose after the SUPERMAN EFFECT from the pains meds is gone. I did this against my surgeon and pain mgmnt Drs advice. I did find out exactly where I stood with my back, leg and arm pains from spinal damage and it was very disappointing, but life needed to go on. I know that subox is only for a 6 month detox program from OPS, tapering off mgs every month. I know this is so damn hard to do, but it can be done. I know for a FACT thatif u take subox for a long period of time 1+yrs, you can cause permanant damage in the brain and start having horrible mood swings, with fequent headaches and will effect your vision for good. BUt, what do u do when u don't feel normal.? U have to give it time, like over 45 days. The mental part will always be there, but will eventually fade off and on after 2 yrs or so.. TIME. If u are down to taking 1/4 a day @Cheytaegr1408 and feel awful, u are almost there! You are riding the detox fence and just need to stop that 1/4 a day and buckle down. You can do it! Esp with the big man at your side.. When u take ops and cross the subox with it, its not detox- its a chemical reaction that will make u sick- both cems. I wish everyone who is on subox to take that leap taper off and quit. I know u will be down, can't work, can't do crap during this period, but if u have that time, go for it. But if u have been taking for over 15 months, u will need to be under Dr supervision. Man, I feel for all of you.. SPrice 7 -10bucks. Methodone is cheap and u can get 30 day supply. And it works well. Even fore mild to moderate pain "BUT.". after taking it for a while " a few months, its a hard 6 weeks of physical detox HELL. Doing this on my mobile & don't have the vision I use too. I wish everyone the best. Have a great 4th.
    A few things. Why do you want off opiates? You have legit pain and it sounds like good doctors that prescribe you enough opiates to treat your pain.

What is OPS? Why is it only a 6 month detox?

6 months is too long to be on suboxone. Trust me get on and get off asap 1-2 months is long enough. Also 1/4 a pill is 2mg and that is still a high dose for suboxone, you will go thru bad w/d's coming off on that dose. Get your suboxone dose down to 0.5mg or lower if you can before stopping.

I agree with vision problems after being on suboxone for longer than a year. I now have astigmatism in both eyes after being on suboxone for over 15 months.
    Last edited by Myosin10; 07-04-2011 at 04:19 AM.
    Helpful Squelix, naynay, steve3275 Rated helpful

Billybarz will become famous soon enoughBillybarz will become famous soon enough

.@Myosin10. Hey bud. I think u misunderstood my quote. I was responding to a women who posted that she was down to taking 1/4 a day of subox & I gave a bit of advice that she might as well quit. Her post is gone?? I don't want off my pain meds, because I need them. A good while ago, I thought I would give it a try and see how screwed up my spine is with no pain meds in system. Will nevver try that again. I knew 2 guys that were on subox for a long time and saw the long term side effects that it did to them. I have experience with subox when I run out of meds, which I avoid as much as possible . Take care.

drugstorecowboy has a spectacular aura aboutdrugstorecowboy has a spectacular aura aboutdrugstorecowboy has a spectacular aura aboutdrugstorecowboy has a spectacular aura aboutdrugstorecowboy has a spectacular aura aboutdrugstorecowboy has a spectacular aura about

just as an aside,, having been on a subutex maintenance programme for over 2 yrs. other side effects start to show themselves. Depression, cognitive problems, inability to cope with everyday stress (i know this is the same with all opiates, but i'm talking how much toothpaste to put on the toothbrush! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by drugstorecowboy View Post
    just as an aside,, having been on a subutex maintenance programme for over 2 yrs. other side effects start to show themselves. Depression, cognitive problems, inability to cope with everyday stress (i know this is the same with all opiates, but i'm talking how much toothpaste to put on the toothbrush! LOL.

same situation here but i used xanax when i got down to really low dose of subs. it helps me sleep, avoids the rls and i honestly feel better the next morning. i have detoxed fro xanax in the past when i was abusing it and it was 1000 times easier to get off than subs for me. the thing with xanax is that you have to taper down really slow, but if you do it right you can have absolutely no withdrawl symptoms from the xanax at all. it also got rid of the depression and stress that came along with the detoxing off of subs.
    like i said xanax tapering was 1000 times easier than opiate (suboxone) tapering. talk to your doc about this and see what he says. mine was more than happy to help as he actually cared about how things make me feel and wants to help as much as he can. if he wont help you out with something like this or something similar than you need to find a new doc. remember they work for you and if your not getting what you want with him then move on to another doc who will treat you like a patient that he wants to help. also stay away from that kratom shit. doesnt do anything for sub detox. still fill a little buzz but the hot flashes and w/d's are still there, not worth it for me
    Like drugstorecowboy liked this post

Has anyone on Suboxone/Subutex taken tramadol while on it? Does it still work? Can you still feel the trams at all?

I take the generic form of Subutex which contains buprenorphine w/o naloxone. The naloxone was placed in Suboxone to deter injection but it is still able to be injected since the bupe has a stronger binding affinity for the receptor. I am glad my doc allowed me to switch as the generic is so much cheaper and I too pay out of pocket for my treatment including meds. I am having difficulty trying to lower my dose and wonder if switching to a full agonist would be easier to try and get off this stuff.
    not looking for a source but is subutex available online without a prescription?

SWIGRx is offline Banned Reason: Selling through the forums
    Has anyone on Suboxone/Subutex taken tramadol while on it? Does it still work? Can you still feel the trams at all?
    absolutely. tramadol in my experience is the only opiod that is not blocked by the bupenorphine. a friend of mine who has addiction issues was prescribed subutex for pain after a car crash and tramadol for breakthrough pain. similar to a oxycontin roxicodone combo but without the fun lol. i do not recommend either subutex or tramadol for fun but to each their own. i found that after dosing sub regularly for three days all euphoria completely disappeared. even a once a week dose provided no escape.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 7 minutes after the last post:*

Quote Originally Posted by aperry2 View Post
    by the way, there is no generic for suboxone, thats why its so expensive. Also that whole you will go into withdawl thing if you use opiates on suboxone is BS!!!! Doctors tell you this so you won't try but in reality NOTHING happens, you will not get high because the suboxone has binded to all the opiate receptors so tightly that nothing else can attach to them, you can snot and shoot suboxone without getting sick also, although they taste gross as it is and shooting a nettle full of chock doesn't appeal to me at all. Naltrexone is the opiate blocker in suboxone which add to the repelling effect for other opates that is already provided by bupronorphine which is the semi-synthetic opoid in suboxone. There is a generic version of subutex but doctors are not likely to perscribe this to you if you unless you are pregnent "naltrexone can cause problems in the baby" and subutex does not contain naltrexone. Additionally subutex doesn't have the gross taste that suboxone has, is white and has a mild bitter taste. The reason doctors are not likely to perscribe it is becuase since it does't have the naltrexone they feel that it has a higher potential for abuse, which is true to an extent but mainly because it doesn't have a terrible taste which makes it much more preasurable to snort and isnt that nasty orange color and also has alot less binders making it easier to shoot, binders can cause serious damage to your veins
    i have never heard of dosing your drug of choice after your sub dose causing precipitated w/d's. i was always warned not to have my DOC still in my system BEFORE using sub. good post. sub didnt do it for me, i kicked my 120mg/day oxy (or equivalent dose of whatever else was available) habit with DHC continus. i am uninsured/uninsurable so sub was way out of my budget, illicit sources of sub are rare, and the only sub doc within 200 miles had an 18month waiting list. i do recommend DHC continus.
    Last edited by SWIGRx; 07-18-2011 at 12:27 AM.
    Helpful kineticode Rated helpful

No it's not for recreational use. I have severn pain in my heels from standing at work.

@subhuman it is great for pain but i have yet to come across a source for suboxone/subutex. honestly the subs are such a ridiculously high dosage (1mg=20-30mg oxy for pain not for fun, and sub comes in 2 and 8 mg tabs). however buprenorphine is the active ingredient in temegisic (a .2mg bupe tab) which is much easier to source. i have never ordered it but have seen it around. happy hunting.

No I'm on Subutex 4mg and was wondering if anyone else on Sub has used tram successfully for pain while using Sub.

kineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant futurekineticode has a brilliant future

I once tried to get sub from a pm doc,and he said there are very few docs able to prescribe.Is it regulated by LE to expose addicts?I was told by some receiving it, that lots of questions about who,why,and where did you become an addict.
    Like Keefus liked this post

No I'm on Subutex 4mg and was wondering if anyone else on Sub has used tram successfully for pain while using Sub.
    yes i answered your question in my above post. tramadol is the only opiod i know of that is not blocked by bupenorphine

refpoc1 is offline Banned Reason: Flaming other users, creating unnecessary arguments with others
    refpoc1 will become famous soon enoughrefpoc1 will become famous soon enoughrefpoc1 will become famous soon enough

Default subs for pain?

i have been on subs for 2 years after using morphine for 6 years for pain,,,,my pain was less so i did subs to get off the morphine,,,,i would still get minimal pain which i felt the subs helped along with motrin but when my pain become severe again the subs did not help and i had to go off the subs and get a more powerful painkiller---but i hear in England they use subs for pain

Quote Originally Posted by squallz506 View Post
    yes i answered your question in my above post. tramadol is the only opiod i know of that is not blocked by bupenorphine
    Yeah that's cool man...thanks for the info. No worries. Hope all is well with you.

Yeah that's cool man...thanks for the info. No worries. Hope all is well with you.
    actually im about three quarters a way to an od right now. but same to you buddy.

20. Quote Originally Posted by drugstorecowboy View Post

Yes I was on suboxone for 2 years myself and I started having vision difficulty and cognitive problems.

I have taken tramadol, norco and opana while on 6mg suboxone. I can say that none of them got me high because the Suboxone has one part naloxone for every four parts buprenorphine. Although it is the bupe not the naloxone that has a stronger affinity to the opiod receptors and therefore blocks other opiates. You can get high tho from opana if you wait like 6-10 hours after your suboxone dose, it will not be a strong high because the bupe is still around for at least 36 hours. I have found it takes about 3 days after a suboxone dose to get a good high off an opiate.

Besides I think it would take like 1000mg of tramadol to get me high now after taking suboxone for 2 years then relapsing and taking 120mg-200mg of opana a day and finally where I am now 50mg methadone a day.

I would think if you are having pain you can use another dose of subutex for break through pain instead of tramadol which i doubt will do anything.

Buprenorphine has an extremely high binding affinity at the - and κ-opioid receptor. It has partial agonist activity at the -opioid receptor, partial or full agonist activity at the ORL1/nociceptin and δ-opioid receptor, and competitive antagonist activity at the κ-opioid receptor.

Tramadol possesses weak agonist actions at the μ-opioid receptor, releases serotonin, and inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine. The opioid agonistic effect of tramadol and its major metabolite(s) are almost exclusively mediated by the substance's action at the μ-opioid receptor.

Quote Originally Posted by 88xj View Post
    not looking for a source but is subutex available online without a prescription?
    I have found buprenorphine but at a small dose, I think it was 0.2mg

Quote Originally Posted by kineticode View Post
    I once tried to get sub from a pm doc,and he said there are very few docs able to prescribe.Is it regulated by LE to expose addicts?I was told by some receiving it, that lots of questions about who,why,and where did you become an addict.

Those are common questions asked when treating your addiction. You have to figure out why you take opiates. What pain are you blocking or what are you running from. Those questions are not to inform LE or to bust anyone they are for you and the Doc or counselor to examine why you are an addict.

Suboxone is regulated tho because it is a schedule III. i have to bring in my bottle of pills every visit to show my doc that I have them, although I would tell him I am on 8mg when I was really only on 4mg so I can sell some on the side.

Check this out I always wonder the equivalance of other opiates to each other so I thought this was cool.
    2 mg of buprenorphine is equal to roughly 80 milligrammes of morphine.
    Helpful kineticode Rated helpful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast