NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1158 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Tramadol for Norco wd

1. Default Tramadol for Norco wd

Starting taking 300mg of Tramadol for pain after 3 years of 6 to 10 norco's per day.I really have no wd's.The norco's did help a lot more with the pain,But I had to keep taking more and more.I was reall scared about stopping Norco.The tramadol really helps with wd's.Anyone used this for wd's ?
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful

Waitin will become famous soon enoughWaitin will become famous soon enoughWaitin will become famous soon enoughWaitin will become famous soon enough

@lakeman, Yes I have done that before many years ago when we were able to order sch III from ROPs (records online pharmacy) and the many times shipments took forever and in some cases were just scams that took peoples money. So the Tramadol does help with hydro WDs. Jusat be aware that if you take the Tramadol for an extended period you will also have terrible WDs that may be worse than hydro WDs. There just doesn't seem to be a magic way to avoid WDs from most of these drugs.
    Take care

Yes I have used tramadol for opiate withdrawals. It would even work for morphine sulfate withdrarwals. But this year I started taking tramadol by itself for pain. And then for the slight opiate kick that it gave. Then I got hooked. The tramadol withdrawals are wicked on so many levels. Tramadol provides so little to cost so much (in withdrawals).
    Like Sarabie liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
    Starting taking 300mg of Tramadol for pain after 3 years of 6 to 10 norco's per day.I really have no wd's.The norco's did help a lot more with the pain,But I had to keep taking more and more.I was reall scared about stopping Norco.The tramadol really helps with wd's.Anyone used this for wd's ?
    I ran out of my Norco's yesterday evening at 7 pm. Thankfully I had about 90 tramadol 50 mg tablets put back for such emegencies. They are perfect for withdrawals. They not only act on the same opiate receptor sites as hydrocodone, but they seem to have an added quality of acting as a fast-acting serotonin reuptake inhibitor. In othere words, they'll give ya the energy and attitude to deal with daily responsibilities when you would otherwise be down for the count if withdrawing without help.
    But all great things seem to have their negative side. Same with tramadol. They have a horrid withdrawal. But today I do not care. I am taking just enough to push back symptoms until Monday, when the Norco's are supposed to come.
    Like guitargis liked this post

There was something that I was wanting to add to my above post and it is for the Original Posters benefit. As i stated previously, I ran out od my normal meds last nite but wasn't worried because I had meds supposed to come today. Well.....they didn't come. And I have been doing about 20 norcos a day for three weeks. I just got to where I couldn't stand NOT to be on them. I was hooked on trams a while back and they are very addictive in spite of the low Control number that they get (schedule 4 in some states including mine). So please proceed with caution. I was using Hydocodone to help me come off the Trams but there was certain aspects of the tram detox that the hydrocodone would not help. Just please be careful and by all means stay with the M.D.'s dosage. Hope this helps.
    Helpful Nickel Rated helpful
    Like guitargis, Binky, GreenThumb liked this post

guitargis is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by TennTom View Post
    There was something that I was wanting to add to my above post and it is for the Original Posters benefit. As i stated previously, I ran out od my normal meds last nite but wasn't worried because I had meds supposed to come today. Well.....they didn't come. And I have been doing about 20 norcos a day for three weeks. I just got to where I couldn't stand NOT to be on them. I was hooked on trams a while back and they are very addictive in spite of the low Control number that they get (schedule 4 in some states including mine). So please proceed with caution. I was using Hydocodone to help me come off the Trams but there was certain aspects of the tram detox that the hydrocodone would not help. Just please be careful and by all means stay with the M.D.'s dosage. Hope this helps.
    I have never gone above a 7.5 twice a day. As far a Hydro's. I don't really like anything outside of that family like the oxy's. I like to have a few around, because I have broke many bones in my life. But even for as controled as I am. And even though I know I would not have a habit, if I could have a good amount of hydro's. I know my doctor is to big of jerk to let me have them. So I'm on the other end of a detox. Trying to give my doctor the amount of money he is worth. Not much! Hope you got a laugh, and good to meet you.

Hope you feel better brotha!
    Like TennTom, ljasko24, Binky liked this post

7. I also use Tramadol for Norco w/ds. Does an excellent job for alleviating the w/d symptoms from the Norcos but as others have said, the Tramadol itself has horrible w/ds. It does seem to be easier to taper down off Tramadols than Norcos though. And the Tramadol improves my mood in a way similar to anti depressants. I believe I read an article a few years ago that said Tramadol was being studied for use as an anti depressant. Just be careful about going cold turkey off the Tramadol. I would take Norco w/ds anydays over Tramadol w/ds.
    Like Binky liked this post

8. Tramadol w/d sucks big time. I'm on day 12 and still feeling like shit for most of the day. BE carefull please !!

Quote Originally Posted by cambriax84 View Post
    And the Tramadol improves my mood in a way similar to anti depressants. I believe I read an article a few years ago that said Tramadol was being studied for use as an anti depressant. Just be careful about going cold turkey off the Tramadol. I would take Norco w/ds anydays over Tramadol w/ds.
    Tramadol is a SSRI, like many ADs. I think that adds to the "miserability" of tramadol WDs.

Stevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant futureStevo1 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Sarabie View Post
    Tramadol w/d sucks big time. I'm on day 12 and still feeling like shit for most of the day. BE carefull please !!
    If you don't mind me asking....How much were you taking and for how long?

I ask because I have taken it sometimes when I run out of my meds early and I have never had any problem when I stop the Tramadol and go back to my regular pain meds.
    Stare into my Avatar....Relax

Quote Originally Posted by akl63 View Post
    Tramadol is a SSRI, like many ADs. I think that adds to the "miserability" of tramadol WDs.
    Tramadol has effects similar to SNRI activity (like Effexor) not SSRIs but the complications involved with withdrawals are definitely an added problem.
    Helpful akl63 Rated helpful

Your're right, it was a quick acting, but rather weak SNRI. Most SNRI's are really slow acting and you have to take them for a period of time before them being effective. Whereas as tramadol can give you that anti-depressant kick on the first dose. I think it works pretty good if you're having a shitty weak, just can't use it too much... Otherwise problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo1 View Post

I ask because I have taken it sometimes when I run out of my meds early and I have never had any problem when I stop the Tramadol and go back to my regular pain meds.
    I've heard that tramadol WDs can take a long time to start, and then go away for a week, and then come back. I don't think 12 days is too uncommon if taking large doses daily. I think if you were just taking Tramadol as a fillin, not an extended period, you'd just be experiencing the regular opiate type WDs and the regular pain meds take care of it. I think you'd have to take it regularly for 3 months before getting sertogenic symptoms.
    Last edited by akl63; 09-23-2011 at 04:31 PM.
    Helpful Stevo1, Binky Rated helpful

13. I understand a significant percentage of people cannot metabolize Tramadol. I think it's 20% --a two figure number at least. This is a prescribed medication for me--it's intended for chronic low level pain. It wouldn't come close to killing the pain of a common toothache. The maximum dose per day (btw) is 400 mg. There's a risk of seizures at higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by TennTom View Post
    TennTom, the delivery-that-never-was is my absolute worst nightmare in life right now....this week, I am awaiting orders myself, and suffering one of the worst pain cycles I can ever remember, so I sympathize, brother, I know how it feels.

I was hurting real bad this afternoon and waiting impatiently for a priority mail delivery that I needed bad - ran out of meds last night and had no backup. It was getting late in the day and I was growing worried - then, I saw a tow-truck come rumbling down the street with a USPS truck on board - coming from the same direction that the my mail carrier normally uses. Well, at that point, the panic attack started, as I was sure that I was going to be screwed over. It's amazing how one's imagination can run wild when the desperation sets in.

It was all for nought anyway, since the mailman showed up a bit later and I was rescued (at least for another 5 days or so, until the next god damned med is supposed to arrive). It's funny how my mind associates that all-too-familiar diesel sound of the mail truck with warm relief.

It's a never ending cycle of pain, deperate hope, relief, worry, etc. etc. EDIT, but yes, the tramadol is a life saver for me, it is my preferred back-up med, especially for when I'm traveling and forced to get by on limited supplies of my drug of choice.
    Last edited by GreenThumb; 09-23-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Binky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond repute
    Binky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond reputeBinky has a reputation beyond repute
    I have low back pain & I take Norco for it.Since there are times when I run out before I can get my refill, I always have Tramadol on hand for those times.It works really well for keeping the withdrawls away.I have noticed that I don't get any pain relief from them so I have to take Tylenol for my back pain.After I get my Norco refill, I stop the Tramadol & just start in taking the Norco.I've never had to withdraw from the Tramadol because I don't stay on it long enough to get addicted to it.
    Helpful Stevo1 Rated helpful

Tramadol can be a really good tool if you're someone who takes opiate painkillers daily. Because for some reason there will always be a day or a week where you don't have them. Actually helped my pain a little when combined with a muscle relaxer, and I'm used to taking large doses of oxycodone. They also give you that energy that you won't have when not taking your normal painkillers. For me whenever I stopped taking the Norcos or Oxys I would be not only sick, but really exhausted. Definitely helps with that.
    Helpful Binky, Stevo1 Rated helpful

17. Quote Originally Posted by Stevo1 View Post

Hey Steve

Well I must admit that I was both abuser and addict of tramadol for years. At least for the last two years, I could easy pop up to 24 a day. 5 at a time, and three hours later, 5 more etc. So it will take me quite a long time to regain full body strenght. Also, as I'm extremely impatient I made my own w/d and went from 24, to 16, to 9, to 6 to 3 to 0 in five days. On my second day of 0 I got quite sick. You know flue symptoms etc. That's all over now. My doctors tells me to take a single 50 mg when my body is freaking out. And i have done that twice since. But I still need to lay down for an hour everyday, cause my body just can't go on for another minute. Apart from that, I have no problems sleeping at night and I sleep for 10 hours. I still get shivers and I have troubles with concentration and restless legs.

I am however very happy. I loooove to be clear in the head and to be able to make rational decisions again. My only problem is the physics and I guess it will be at least another two weeks...

I do realize that this is because I had a heavy abuse - and having tramadol for a short period of time is a totally different story. It's just that I too started like that. And before I knew it, I was so hooked. And based on my own experiences I would HATE it if others have to go through the same shit. So please be carefull. The first time you get the urge to take one, just for the fun of it, throw them out !!

Take care :-)

nola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to behold

all i will say about Tramadol is that it destroys your liver worse that alcohol or the drugs your tring to kick. i would taper with something else. it may or may not work with the trams,but youll have less liver damage with DHC,soboxone, or even methadone at low doses. like a 21 day detox on either or drug.