NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 582 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: methadone HELL

nola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to behold

Default methadone HELL

I feel like jumping off a freakin bridge! im on unemployment and am alone with a three year old. i cant pay for my rent because of the methadone at(400.00) a month. i cant pay for the methadone because of my rent(600.00).my unemployment is 800.00 a month. im forced to get rid off most of my meds to keep a roof over our heads but i cant do it anymore. ive been on this crap for over 12yrs. i cant hardly move much less go job hunting .i look like shit and feel worse.
    Helpful merrymiau Rated helpful
    Like cmkronen liked this post

2. Quote Originally Posted by nola View Post
    I feel like jumping off a freakin bridge! im on unemployment and am alone with a three year old. i cant pay for my rent because of the methadone at(400.00) a month. i cant pay for the methadone because of my rent(600.00).my unemployment is 800.00 a month. im forced to get rid off most of my meds to keep a roof over our heads but i cant do it anymore. ive been on this crap for over 12yrs. i cant hardly move much less go job hunting .i look like shit and feel worse.
    I am so sorry to hear that I will keep you in my prayers. Everything happens for a reason, maybe it's a blessing in disguise, that you have to get off the methadone program, it has been 12 years, and you don't want to make to 25 years, like a friend mine did, yes 25 years! She did end up getting off of the methadone and got herself into sobriety, she was sober for 8 good quality solid years before she she got hit by a car. It was just her time to go, but along her path of sobriey she helped many many many woman along the way. It will get better for you, maybe it's a good idea to see if they can start lowering your doses aling with your payments? It's worth asking. What state are you in? I know some states have methadone programs that will go by your income or they do have some people qualified for free methadone programs, have you talked to your counsler at the program? Seeing you ahve a 3 year old, and your laid off, maybe he or she can help you out.? Again, I will keep you in my prayers....
    Like Squelix liked this post

3. $400 a month does seem a little high, have you tried other clinic's to see if they do a sliding scale or what there prices are? You might be able to get medicare or some government program to cover the cost or most of the cost depending on your state or even try going to a regular Dr. and see if they will prescribe it for PM and is cheaper at the local pharmacy then clinic's w or w/o ins. I think that would require your dose to be 60mg or less a day as I haven't heard of to many people getting prescribed 100mg+ for PM
    Helpful nola Rated helpful

dsteury is offline Banned Reason: Constantly Disgruntled user, offending and attacking other members of the forum.
    dsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the rough

Know what you mean methadone is always the bad choice can't really ween yourself off. So you just stuck but where are they charging you for methadone I know in Texas and Missouri there were many free Methadone clinics. Truly hope you find the answers you seek.
    Like merrymiau liked this post

@nola buddy that's awful. Ever thought of public assistance? Any support groups for that around your area?
    Like merrymiau liked this post

I'm so sorry nola, that you are having such a hard time.

Definitely apply for food stamps. You've paid into the system, might as well get some back. You should be able to apply for this online.

Apply for WIC (Women, Infants and Children), I believe it's for children up to the age of 5. You will get monthly checks redeemable for cheese, eggs, milk, juice, peanut butter, beans, cereal, fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grain bread and rice. You use the checks at your regular grocery store. I'm unsure if you can apply for this online. Probably depends on where you live.

Even if it's not your thing, religious institutions - churches, etc. can be a big help. Most have some sort of food program, some have programs to help pay utility bills, rent etc. Some even have programs of free child care for a few hours a week. Maybe if you could take a few hours for yourself, you could focus on where you are going. Around here, they don't require you to be a member or even of that religion to receive help.

You can try your local Salvation Army. It's a Christmas joke with the bell ringers, but you would be surprised at the amazing range of services they provide at no cost.

Search through your local county government websites. The counties around here run programs for rent/utility payment assistance. It's only a band aid and not a long term solution, but could help you some.

Check to see if you qualify for Medicaid. At those amounts I would think you should. If you don't, I don't know who would.

I'll let others make the suggestions about methadone help. I have no experience and can't offer solutions.

Know you are not alone. You have to have faith and hope in yourself that things can get better. Hang in there, nola. You can do this.

fredw will become famous soon enough

I tried the methadone and it is not worth it.
    Go through the 10 days of hell and get off cold turkey without that crap or subs.
    Your life will be so better.
    I know during the 10 days it won't seem that way and that you are going to die but that is the reality of the situation. Once you you are over that hump you can make it.
    Helpful nola, SpaceMatters Rated helpful

nola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to behold

im going to the cheapest clinic out hear(my state).they are brutal and heartless. im forced to go back to drugs i havent done in years just to bath and feed my baby girl. hand outs from friends and bloodsuckers taking advantage of the situation are the only relief i have.cant afford the 400 in child support for my 15yr son i was paying before i got layed off so they are likely to lock me in jail soon. whats to become of my little girl. im a hard working man and this is wrong.

Coheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud of

The clinic I go to recently jumped from $12 a day($84 a week) to $14 a day($98 a week) so I too pay $400 a month for methadone and it sucks buts its much better and cheaper than the alternative. I had a $200 day habit and believe me u don't make that much money. The only thing that bothers me us that the free state insurance pays for methadone coverage where someone like me who works 50 hours a week and gets insurance from work, my insurance wont pay for it. So if your lazy and don't work you can get methadone free but a working man can't! I'm sorry I shouldn't generalize people on state insurance as lazy cuz a matter of fact my girlfriend is on it and she isn't lazy. It just makes me mad sometimes but hey I put myself in the position of having to go to a methadone clinic soma I guess it's my fault. Who knows??

I meant to say so its milli fault, not soma haha

Damn auto word completer on my phone!!!!

Isn't there some sort of exception if you are laid off that you don't pay as much of the child support?

That is awful they are charging that much money at a methadone clinic and do not have a sliding fee or that Medicaid does not pay for some of this.

Have you tried talking with them about this? Is there a counselor there as one poster suggested.

And the food stamps and other programs posted here sound like a good idea to try.

How are you supposed to pay half your unemployment in child support? and you have a child you are taking care of.

Any relatives that could help you out temporarily?

Sorry the system is just this hard now - just makes it tougher for people to get the help they need.

@nola Please don't be offended by my question. I read @onpaper 's post. I've never understood and maybe you or someone could just elaborate a bit. Why do people go to methadone clinics instead of just a detox period? I'm only familiar with coke and crack addition with my partner and the devastating effects it had on his finances, career, and me. He went to NA and AA and support groups and got sober. Is opiate addition that much more severe that it can't be done? So like, methadone forever?

EDIT: I like @Alternate 's advice.
    Like SpaceMatters liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by nola View Post
    cant afford the 400 in child support for my 15yr son i was paying before i got layed off so they are likely to lock me in jail soon. whats to become of my little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alternate View Post
    Isn't there some sort of exception if you are laid off that you don't pay as much of the child support?
    This is going to sound count-intuitive, but nola you need to file and notify the court of your inability to pay child support. The process and laws in each state are different but in essence they are the same.

If you don't notify the court, you will continue to accrue arrearages. Once you are hauled into court for past due support, any defense that you were on unemployment and could not pay will not apply to past due arrearages, only to future orders for support.

Is your support from Louisiana or is it under URESA or Title IV-D? That makes a difference, if the order is from out of state, it will take longer for them too catch up with you. Are you under income deduction (assignment)? If you are not under automatic deduction, there are further filings that have to be done before they can schedule a court appearance.

Louisiana laws for child support provide a provision, at RS 46:236.3 E1(b) is a provision for termination of income deduction (assignment) if an affidavit is excuted by you and your ex that ongoing deductions are no longer required and there are no arrearages in the case. If you can get your ex on board, she can go far in helping you solve this problem so you can concentrate on other areas of your life.

Either way, the sooner the court is notified of your inability to pay is only going to be good for you. No court likes to find out their orders are being ignored and unemployment can be garnished, so you don't want to be blindsided. Try here for free legal help in Orleans Parish. Apply for legal help online If they can't help you, ask them who can, or for a referral to another Legal Aid office.

@Alternate Yes they can. In Florida up to 65% of a person's net income can be taken for child support regardless of the income source.

Gosh nola, I feel so bad all of this is happening to you. I can see that you are trying so hard and there is just so much going on it's compounding everything and just making it worse. I wish I had better ideas for you You just have to keep hanging on, know you can do this. You will figure it out.
    Last edited by Kexessa; 11-02-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Ongoing spelling issues

Quote Originally Posted by nola View Post
    Clearly you need to get off methadone (a horrible drug IMO that does more harm than good.) Is there anyone you can leave your child with for about 10 days? I agree that you need to petition the court stating your inability to pay for your 15 yr old for the time being. It is outrageous that we, in this rich country, have so few social services available to families in distress--yet some politicians would do away with the little help we have entirely.

@Coheed,and friends, there are zero programs that pay for the clinic in La. and the judge in juvi court said she doesnt care how i get the money to pay the back and present child support. i asked them through the 1-800 phone number ,because you cant talk to a your"permanent" counsler without making an appointment with the most ignorant people youve ever talked to. i called and jumped through hoops for 45min just get a message for my PC to call me. of course no call back after several attemps. i was so mad i asked to speak to anybody that may be able to help. i told these evil bastards just to remove my child support straight from my unemployment check,gave all information,and was told it may take a few weeks to start kicking in but it was taken care of. a month latter there was a warrant for my arrest for non-payment and compliants. my ex-wife knows im on probation for unrelated benzo sales charge and is doing what she can to destroy my life(still bitter)after 15 yrs. my family and i before the lay offs"now just my wonderful mom and dad take care of my sons expenses". but with all the checks and receipts the judge says it has to be a money order or check for the ordered amount written to her with the memo stating child support at the first of each month. my familly and i have done everything for this b!t(h aside from taking care of my son. such as this tramps car repairs, loans never paid back, new furniture,moving expenses,i can keep going but my blood is boiling just thinking about this "person". she is a accountant,her new live in BABY DADDY is a general contractor. its not the money is all personal revenge. i have always worked but i did have a drug problem and she viewed this as a weakness thats all in your head she would say. i went for rapid detox when i still had insurance and she said after only being in the hospital 2-3 days if i didnt come home like a man to help her with my son and return to work she was divorce me and take my son from me. I try my best to get along but i know longer can even text her without her BS and threats.my son wears $180. shoes,name brand everything,even his allowance is paid by my family or i when working. school uniforms and supplies,baseball freakin everything. she has him mon-thurs. only for school is in her area and i worked crazy shifts.weekends summers holidays any chance he can get away from her he is with me or my family. this human trash owes us money if anything and a huge apology. i need help bad.
    Last edited by nola; 11-02-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy1965 View Post
    I've never understood and maybe you or someone could just elaborate a bit. Why do people go to methadone clinics instead of just a detox period? I'm only familiar with coke and crack addition with my partner and the devastating effects it had on his finances, career, and me. He went to NA and AA and support groups and got sober. Is opiate addition that much more severe that it can't be done? So like, methadone forever?
    That's a really good question.
    With few exceptions, if you ask long-term methadone or buprenorphine maintenance patients if, in hindsight, they believe their life would be better had they instead just detoxed initially from their drug of choice, I think you will find that most wish they would have.
    There are obvious short-term advantages for a seriously out of control addict to switch from a $200/day habit to a program that costs much less, is not as dangerous and, most of all to him, avoids painful withdrawals. All of which is fine until the part comes (and it almost always does) when it's time to address discontinuing the maintenance drug. That's when this question becomes relevant about what they wish they would have done in the first place.
    Methadone and bupe maintenance have a place in recovery treatment but I believe they should be reserved for only the most serious behavioral addiction problems and then only on a short-term basis.
    When I hear about people taking 100mg-200mg daily of hydrocodone then switching to buprenorphine maintenance to avoid withdrawals, my head spins.
    Helpful billyboy, nola, SpaceMatters Rated helpful
    Like Lynx4, tzabcan liked this post

thank you so much for the support. you are true family. my family helps with my son but hasnt spoken to me in years. they are old fashoin and think in just a POS drug dealer.changing the suject a little, this is a problem that started after i got a new girlfriend and had a 2nd child. before that she(x devil spawn) was well taken care of but now with a good job and a 2nd encome from the boyfriend. my family is of no use to her and doesnt even say thank you for the years of support even though we have been apart for 7+ yrs. she will come by to drop my son off for the x-mas holidays and wont even call to say merry x-mas or leave a card. my parents and others in my extended family spent thousands on our family. and she hasnt the b@lls to say hello or thanks ,merry x mas nada,zip.
    Last edited by nola; 11-02-2011 at 03:16 PM.

@alumni I always enjoy reading your posts. They're always a great contribution.
    Like nola, SpaceMatters liked this post

Coheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud of

Methadone is good if your a life long addict like myself but yea if you just have had a habit for a year or two then its best too just quit. I detoxed many times before but some of us just can't stay clean. Anyway you try and quit its gonna be painful, more painful with methadone than other opiates. That's why I say only use MMT as a last resort even after subs. For me personally methadone works much better than subs and I'm on a relatively low dose of methadone. Like I said its kind of like the lesser of two evils and it lets me live a completely normal life. There are a lot of negative stereotypes and stigma associated with methadone that simply just aren't true. I do see many "young " people at the clinic that I feel might not know what their getting themselves into but that's just my opinion.

@billyboy1965,methadone is a wonderful detox drug and if the clinics were interested in helping junkies they would have 21 day - 90 day programs. not just maintenance.thats how it was years ago when i started.now its just a cash pit that takes advantage of good people.some states are great about taking care of their mdone patients others are trash drug dealers /cash only,no money no meds.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 18 minutes after the last post:*

@Coheed,i can tell your the real deal, speak on bro! this is for terminal junkies. death,terminal illness, or life in prison. otherwise the best thing you can do is feel lucky ,blessed,if you want. to only have a hydro or oxy addiction. a few days with some xanax or vals to help with WD,chills,jones as well as sleeping it off. dont forget some "cup o soup" or chicken noodle,gatorade,and imodium AD. i use advil gel caps 600mg 3x daily for the pain(dont laugh it helps a lot) .NO METHADONE! and that three or four day stuff is BS get a good week suppy. if you only need a few days than you never had a real habit to begin with.
    Last edited by nola; 11-03-2011 at 02:10 AM.
    Helpful Coheed, taralumia, tzabcan Rated helpful

I get so annoyed when people especially in my family look down upon me or ask wy I go to a methadone clinic. Do people think we really want to go to a clinic everyday?? I have to wake up atleast two hours earlier than i would have to if I wasn't going there, I currentyly only go once a week because of earned take homes but at first I was going evry day except Sunday of course when their closed. Nobody goes to a clinic everyday for "fun" or to get "high". Their is a big misconception that methadone is just like a legal heroin but that is ridiculous, you think the government is just going to be getting all the addicts "high" for free for some and $100 a week to others??? There would be nobody still using illegal opiates if that was the case if they could just go to a clinic and get a free "high". The fact is that methadone lets people like me and @nola live a normal productive life instead of looking for drugs all day and for some committing crimes to support their habit etc. I can honestly say my quality of life is 200 percent better on methadone than when I was using. As far as subs go, they seem to work great for some but they didn't work all that great for me and for some people they cant handle getting a whole script of subs without abusing them or selling them for their drug of choice. I know subs having a ceiling effect at 32mg but say someone is prescribed 8mg a day and they take more. It's not a good idea to give an addict a whole scropt of a potent opiate, its just too tempting for some. All im trying to say is that methadone gets an unfair stigma associated with it in my humble opinion. For all the people who think its just like taking heroin or somethng they are just ignorant fools, but I agree its just a cash pit that some addicts abuse. Although I think the majority of us go there for legit reasons and are tryng to eventually get off of it. Thanks for letting me share my opinion.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 6 minutes after the last post:*

I almost forgot @nola do you think soma,flexeril or skelaxin will show up on my ua for the clinic? I take prescribed muscle relaxers on occasion for legit back pain? I just started taking not too long ago and im scared they will show up on my ua and get some of my take homes revoked. Appreciate any help, also I forgot to mention I take prescribed xanax which of course shows up as a benzo but the clinic has no problem with it since it is prescribed from a doctor although they seem to forget I have a script cuz they ask me every month after my ua if I have a script haha.
    Last edited by Coheed; 11-03-2011 at 10:46 AM.
    Helpful tzabcan, Allycat Rated helpful

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast