NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 528 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NEURONTIN (GAPAPENTIN) the wonder drug for withdrawals

dingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to behold

Default NEURONTIN (GAPAPENTIN) the wonder drug for withdrawals

I just helped out a member who listened to me, my advice and my posts. Neurontin is a wonder drug for withdrawal, I dont care what anybody says, accuse me of representing for pharmaceutical companies if you wish, disagree, I DON'T CARE.

A member just reported back to me with tremendous results, opiate free 48 hours, NO WITHDRAWAL just fuzzy feeling.

It only works at higher does around 1,200 which is safe

I am on this board for two reasons, friendship, discussion and to help others. (that would be three)

Take my advice or leave it, it is a little known mirracle drug, few seem to listen to me, but those who do report back ALWAYS with positive results.

It acts on the opiate receptors. HOW? no one knows. But if can assist to free you from addiction.

To all out there struggling with the prospects of withdrawal, I shout loud and clear, ANOTHER SUCCESS STORY.

Gabapentin aka neuronin, a miracle drug for withdrawals.

This is good to know just in case. I have this med - I found it useless for its intended purpose. I am glad it can help with something!
    Like dingleberry, UGAgal liked this post
    Curiosity is what killed that cat.

dingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to behold

only at 1,200 mg that's about four to five to six pills. recommended dose will do nothing for your withdrawals. And this is safe, research it before anyone tries to blast me, some smart docs even rx this for addicts. (at these "high" amounts) it is a very safe drug in this regard. Don't believe me, look it up yourself.
    Last edited by dingleberry; 06-05-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    Like JackieJ liked this post

4. This is good to hear. Not too often that anyone comes up with any suggestions for people who have had opiod dependence in the past. Wonder why this fact is not more widely known in medical circles. Thanks for the info.
    Like dingleberry liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cashman1 View Post
    This is good to hear. Not too often that anyone comes up with any suggestions for people who have had opiod dependence in the past. Wonder why this fact is not more widely known in medical circles. Thanks for the info.
    Becuse....NO one on this forum seems to want to listen to me on this one and spread the good news. But you will remember, so I helped one more person.
    Like Lizzie Lou, metis3 liked this post

Gullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant futureGullible has a brilliant future

I wonder if it would help with benzo withdrawal? I use it for sleep about once a week.
    Like Binky, dingleberry liked this post
    Read blacklistednews.com for the inside stories.

My rheumatoid guy wanted me on a minimum of 900mg a day - and that was going to increase if this med was effective. It wasn't and it made me too groggy during the day at this dosage - but the amount you describe is within safe dosage parameters. Many many years ago I was on this medication briefly as part of a psychiatric combination. Because I used it in conjunction with other mess I have no idea if it helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    I wonder if it would help with benzo withdrawal? I use it for sleep about once a week.
    I also am curious about this, I thought I heard that it does greatly somewhere thats why many are labeling it such a wonder drug, but I would have to check first to be sure. I would imagine it would help greatly with benzo withdrawal after you are weened down.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 2 minutes after the last post:*

Quote Originally Posted by IGoeOn View Post
    My rheumatoid guy wanted me on a minimum of 900mg a day - and that was going to increase if this med was effective. It wasn't and it made me too groggy during the day at this dosage - but the amount you describe is within safe dosage parameters. Many many years ago I was on this medication briefly as part of a psychiatric combination. Because I used it in conjunction with other mess I have no idea if it helped me.
    Yes. It can be addictive in its own unique weird not understood phsychiatric way, so you don't want to be on it high dose long term. Plus you'd have to take multiple thousands to come off opiates with it if you have already been on it for some time, and it might not work as well for withdrawls is u r already on it, not sure if that safe either, but heard its nearly impossible to od on.
    Last edited by dingleberry; 06-05-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Yeah. Not on it now - haven't been in a long time. Not planning on stopping any of my meds anytime soon but appreciate the info.

Nazi lady yelling at me to turn off phone -- bye!
    Helpful C_Dub Rated helpful
    Like dingleberry, Lizzie Lou, jesikah6 liked this post

10. @dingleberry I have read many positive reviews of Neurontin/Gabapentin used to help in WD as well as other conditions. And one of the positives is that it has a low side effect profile in comparison to drugs in its same class.

From all I have read you need to reach a minimum of 900 mgs steady state in the blood stream before you feel an effect and usually takes around three days. This drug is generally titrated up to avoid SE which are typically drowiness and dizziness. With that said, I would caution against swallowing 1200 mg to start with unless you want to get knocked out and left with a hangover.

I was prescribed Neurontin/Gabapentin for chronic migraines and herniated cervical discs. Unfortunately, it did NOT alleviate my pain. It only left me with a sluggish mind and cravings for sweets (weight gain is a reported side effect for some). It ain't called "Morontin" for nothing.

I do agree that for some people this is indeed a helpful drug. I have read anecdotal reports that it helps with anxiety and some find 600 mg doses useful for insomnia.

However, not everyone responds to this drug. So to call it a wonder drug is a sweeping generalization. Nonetheless, I agree that it is a drug to seriously consider and investigate especially as an aid in WD. And I applaud you for sharing this with the PR community, it is unfortunate that others dismissed you.

Here is an excellent review of this drug:

Crazy Meds: The Good, The Bad, & The Funny of: - Meds - Neurontin
    Last edited by File Error 500; 06-05-2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Add Info
    Helpful IGoeOn, heartsoup, jesikah6 Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Aven View Post
    @dingleberry I have read many positive reviews of Neurontin/Gabapentin used to help in WD as well as other conditions. And one of the positives is that it has a low side effect profile in comparison to drugs in its same class.

From all I have read you need to reach a minimum of 900 mgs steady state in the blood stream before you feel an effect and usually takes around three days. This drug is generally titrated up to avoid SE which are typically drowiness and dizziness. With that said, I would caution against swallowing 1200 mg to start with unless you want to get knocked out and left with a hangover.

I was prescribed Neurontin/Gabapentin for chronic migraines and herniated cervical discs. Unfortunately, it did NOT alleviate my pain. It only left me with a sluggish mind and cravings for sweets (weight gain is a reported side effect for some). It ain't called "Morontin" for nothing.

I do agree that for some people this is indeed a helpful drug. I have read anecdotal reports that it helps with anxiety and some find 600 mg doses useful for insomnia.

However, not everyone responds to this drug. So to call it a wonder drug is a
    sweeping generalization. Nonetheless, I agree that it is a drug to seriously consider and investigate especially as an aid in WD. And I applaud you for sharing this with the PR community, it is unfortunate that others dismissed you.

Here is an excellent review of this drug:

Crazy Meds: The Good, The Bad, & The Funny of: - Meds - Neurontin
    Yes it does make food taste amazing and increase appetite. However, I stand by my position, this is a little known, gem, and yes I will call it a wonder drug, do you know what it feels like after 48 hours plus without neurontin, not good, therefore it helped [U]SIGNIFICANTLY[U] i stand by my endorsement, may not be for everyone, but works for most, I am here to spread the word to help, i GAIN NOTHING. I can get one off NARCOTICS, I am not a doctor but I can get someone off narcotics, I'm a business degree grad, maybe in the wrong expertise for how passionate I am and want to help, but I know my stuff, and i deserve credit for the fact you admitted it did away with your withdrawals, groggy or not, that is a fact of the medication, I choose groggy over hell any day of the week. If I were not here would you know? If I did not have compassion would i share my secret weapon? I hope you would discover on your own but I believe you would never known if not for me. I thank me very much.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 6 minutes after the last post:*

Question me. anybody, I dare you, before trying it for yourself. You can prove your own ignorance with one post, I have before, and revised when I was wrong. TELL ME i AM WRONG, TELL ME THIS IS not a wonder drug for withdrawal. I have no ego, I don't care, i may retort, but no hard feelings, I will help as many people as I can with this info before I am banned, if it comes to that, which it wont, so lets debate.
    Last edited by dingleberry; 06-05-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    Like Lizzie Lou, frogpond liked this post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dingleberry View Post
    The drug is a wonder drug for withdrawals (gabapenting), it can help anyone, even heroin addicts, If I may ask peridomo did you try it in the thousands range? If not, then you simply don't know of its hidden power. Much respect to: (member name left out for privacy) giving me credit as she took my advice and is beneffiting heavily. She will feel groggy, I did too, normal, beats the hell out of withdrawals. Soon enough this will be standard info on this forum/ the net/

conversation with my friend:
    The drug IS a wonder drug. When I have started to feel like trouble may be coming I take one. I was taking 20-25 DHC's daily. Stopping cold gave me terrible cramps. I keep expecting/fearing withdrawal symptoms to start. That is why I wanted a back up. @dingleberry thank you for posting about neurotin. I don't understand why its not common knowledge. I would love to hear about others experience trying it in high doses.

Any one else care to debate? I am trying to help the millions out there who don't know, this is a chat between me and a friend which i have made anonymous and in my eyes does no harm to no one to post. I did NOT post her/his name, my "patient" is posted in bold and underlined. I feel with so much joy helping her/him overcome her/his addictions. That is not the only advise I give, I have many tips. If anyone needs help. Contact me. I will set up a legit safe plan for you. - dingleberry.
    Last edited by dingleberry; 06-06-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    Helpful Ivana Rated helpful
    Like 09CivicSi, metis3 liked this post

13. @dingleberry : my post was intended to support you. However, I do have some knowledge and experience that contradicts details of your claims as it applies to everyone. Notwithstanding, I think you are sharing important information with the forum. I support you for that!
    Like dingleberry, jesikah6 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Aven View Post
    @dingleberry : my post was intended to support you. However, I do have some knowledge and experience that contradicts details of your claims as it applies to everyone. Notwithstanding, I think you are sharing important information with the forum. I support you for that!
    I like your post and I support you. You are a kind caring soul and I can sense it in your aura, even though its online. Friend, Aven, comment on my post any time and feel free to disagree, I am a humble personality at heart and love you and everyone input whether they agree or not, I might attempt to correct if they are simply wrong. ; ) I am not a meen guy and dont get mad over debate

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 2 minutes after the last post:*

"I applaud you for sharing this with the PR community, it is unfortunate that others dismissed you."
    you said nothing but your experience for it and should never be shouted down, everything you said was kind and helpful.
    Last edited by dingleberry; 06-06-2012 at 01:47 AM.

sbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to beholdsbg is a splendid one to behold

This has also been my experience . Neurontin has helped me tremendously with withdrawal symptoms . I hear that there are some it does not work for and do not know why, but we all have differences physiologically and therefore often respond differently to drugs . I do not know the mechanism of how it works . I think it was suggested that it binds to opiate receptors . It may , but there is also evidence that it reduces output of the locus corelus ( this is spelled wrong) , which may be responsible for some of the antiwithdrawal effects as this brain region increases sympathetic output. During withdrawal , this region of the brain becomes overactive due to a lack of inhibition from the opiates and is responsible for the jittery feelings , insomnia and perhaps even restlesness. Since neurontin inhibits this area , it is effectively taking over for the opiates that are no longer present .
    Helpful jesikah6 Rated helpful
    Like 09CivicSi liked this post

16. Wow if this helps with opiate withdrawals I will be so happy. Have been wanting to kick the habit and the withdrawal is the killer. I saw airmail chemist has gapapentin 600 mg. Does this sound right? Or is there another place I could find neurotin without a prescription?

audacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really niceaudacity is just really nice

Gabapentin has its own withdrawal syndrome, so taper off slowly once you've switched over and reached a stable dose. For alcohol or benzo dependence, I have found it to be a decent replacement. Would probably work for mild opiate dependence. It's a good psych med overall. Good for anxiety and depression (off-label).
    Like dingleberry, 09CivicSi liked this post
    "Tolerance to the anxiolytic effects (of BZD's) probably does not occur"

Quote Originally Posted by enoddo View Post
    Wow if this helps with opiate withdrawals I will be so happy. Have been wanting to kick the habit and the withdrawal is the killer. I saw airmail chemist has gapapentin 600 mg. Does this sound right? Or is there another place I could find neurotin without a prescription?
    Nope thats double strenghth I believe u should only need 2 to 3. order from them as they are very reliable, you know what your getting, and very legitimate. Contact me PM for further advice when you are ready to quit relatively pain free.

@enoddo

and yes it most certainly helps with opiate withdrawal, do some research yourself, feel free, before you buy, but get it done it will save you from hell on earth (well at least flu like, but worse) withdrawals.

Gladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to beholdGladheart is a splendid one to behold

@dingleberry or anybody on the thread?

Have you heard about any positive feedback with Neurontin helping with Suboxone withdrawal? I remember taking maybe up to 800mg several years ago to help with opiate and benzo withdrawal with just minor positive results. Reading through the thread I was maybe not up to the needed 1200mg dose to feel any real positive results. The drug did get some bad press many years ago about being an overpriced medication that was being prescribed for multiple off-label ailments. I assume it is now available as a generic reasonably priced?
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by audacity View Post
    Gabapentin has its own withdrawal syndrome, so taper off slowly once you've switched over and reached a stable dose. For alcohol or benzo dependence, I have found it to be a decent replacement. Would probably work for mild opiate dependence. It's a good psych med overall. Good for anxiety and depression (off-label).
    Awesome thanks so much for your informative post. I have warned people neurontin can be addictive and to only use it for the withdrawal week / timerperiod, then perhaps ween down, done.

Quote Originally Posted by sbg View Post
    This has also been my experience . Neurontin has helped me tremendously with withdrawal symptoms . I hear that there are some it does not work for and do not know why, but we all have differences physiologically and therefore often respond differently to drugs . I do not know the mechanism of how it works . I think it was suggested that it binds to opiate receptors . It may , but there is also evidence that it reduces output of the locus corelus ( this is spelled wrong) , which may be responsible for some of the antiwithdrawal effects as this brain region increases sympathetic output. During withdrawal , this region of the brain becomes overactive due to a lack of inhibition from the opiates and is responsible for the jittery feelings , insomnia and perhaps even restlesness. Since neurontin inhibits this area , it is effectively taking over for the opiates that are no longer present .
    @sbg

Thankyou, Thank you, for your informative post on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladheart View Post

Have you heard about any positive feedback with Neurontin helping with Suboxone withdrawal? I remember taking maybe up to 800mg several years ago to help with opiate and benzo withdrawal with just minor positive results. Reading through the thread I was maybe not up to the needed 1200mg dose to feel any real positive results. The drug did get some bad press many years ago about being an overpriced medication that was being prescribed for multiple off-label ailments. I assume it is now available as a generic reasonably priced?

You need at least to be in the thousands even up to two thousand. There should be a generic now it should be affordable. Talk to your doctor say you want to give it a try, or order it from AMC or one of the others.

Also we have confirmed it helps with benzodiazipines as well as alcohol. Miracle drug, I have no shame saying it I wish I could share it with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladheart View Post

and yes it will help with suboxone just like any other opiate (type drug), may take you completely away from the misery, it depends person to person. Yes I believe it will help coming off suboxone most certainly.
    Helpful metis3 Rated helpful
    Like Gladheart liked this post

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast