NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 345 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 6 day detox ZERO WITHDRAWALS after 3 years heavy pain meds

dingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to behold

Default My 6 day detox ZERO WITHDRAWALS after 3 years heavy pain meds

OK so now that I am in the clear and sure that there will be no "Piper" so to speak to have to pay, meaning I am clean and have detoxed successfully, I would like to share my story on how it can be done with zero pain, zero withdrawals, great sleep, and all around pleasant experience. Yes, I am aware I may come off sounding like a snake oil salesman, but I don't really care, I am telling the truth, PEOPLE, listen! There is a way to come off of opiates and still function absolutely normally with zero distress, here is my story/ how to do it.

I had been using pain meds, heavy usage for 3 years for chronic back pain. My drug prescribed was hydrocodone, 10/325, 128 per month, which I would often, most always I should say, supplement with oxycodone, dilaudid, dhc, codeine, basically anything you can thing of I have supplemented with, adding up to a pretty large addiction I would say.

As some of you know, I have heavily promoted gabapentin (Neurontin) on this forum, this is part of my detox plan. I think gabapentin is a key part, and for some can reduce the w/d's up to very high percentages, but for zero discomfort, this is what I did. Gabapentin can also be substituted for Lyrica (pregbalin), but smaller doses will be needed, note that lyrica is much more powerful than gabapentin, so dosage will be different.

AFTER STOPPING OPIOIDS/ OPIATES

Day 1 8mg suboxone
    Day 2 8mg suboxone
    Day 3 4mg suboxone
    Day 4 3mg suboxone
    Day 5 I say to hell with it and jump onto the gabapentin(1,200mg 2x a day and at night), and I take some benzos.---->caution, may be extremely drowsy, benzos only if you feel you need them.
    Day 6 gabapentin (and lots of it! doses at 1,200mg 3x day), benzos----> may be very drowsy use caution
    Day 7 done,some benzos (just in case)
    Day 8 no withdrawals I am done with the detox.
    note: I also excercized and sweat each day and continue to in my post detox plan

This worked like magic for me and I am convinced it can work like magic for YOU as well. Doses on all the above medications can and should depend on many factors such as your habit size, your body weight, height, etc. etc. But you should get the basic idea from my detox plan. On the gabapentin, for it to work, you will have to take allot of it no matter your size or weight (this is my opinion) and I believe 900mg is the lowest dose to really have a great effect at knocking out any residual withdrawal.

Afterwards you will need to find time to occupy the time you spent thinking about pain pills, etc. Get into new hobbies, get busy, and exercise, exercise, exercise!!!

If anyone has any questions, needs support, anything at all feel free to P.M. me. I can help. I am not a doctor, but have helped countless people to get off opiates when they truly thought it was an insurmountable mountain to climb and were desperately afraid. You do not have to suffer through withdrawal, there is a way to detox that is pain free.
    Last edited by dingleberry; 03-06-2013 at 02:40 PM.

dingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to behold

Anyone feel free to ask questions, make comments, and have a general discussion about withdrawal here.

DulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant future

Let me start by saying that it was very thoughtful of you to share in careful detail what I believe very much worked wonderfully for you. Please don't take this wrong and I apologize in advvance if I offend you, but I think it wouldn't be wise to think that it would work for anyone/everyone. You obviously are very knowledgeable about these meds. Suboxone is very powerful with extremely long half-life (duration) and those are very high doses of Gabapentin. Both are somewhat erratic in the way they affect different people.

With that being said, I'm really very impressed and happy for you. Also the part about exercise, and occupying your time post detox with distracting activity couldn't be said any better or emphasized enough. Again, congratulations and be well!
    Helpful zzelda01, dingleberry, Allycat Rated helpful
    Like Roz, chell55 liked this post
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Thanks @DevilishOne
    And I do agree in the sence that these med amounts should be adjusted for people depending on allot of factors and I did make a brief note of that in the original post but it could perhaps use greater emphasis, especially on the amounts of Suboxone one might need.

Let me add, the first two days really didn't feel right so I titrated up to that amount, let me tell you 8mg is a HUGE amount, it wont kill anyone, but may not be necessary/ do more harm than good, THE LESS THE BETTER. I do stand behind my neurontin doses for it to have it effects you need a high dose, 900mg is not that high at all as a minimum to achieve this effect, you will be drowsy at the right dose, the dowsiness and possible urge to take a nap means you took enough, that is one of its great effects, gabapentin can afford you sleep even through the worst withdrawal in all cases I have seen (many). I do believe this method if done in the right way for the individual it can have the same results as I had myself, IMHO.

Thanks so much for the kind words and I hope this helps someone, and remember I chose to stay on suboxone as little time as possible because after some time on it, lets say two weeks, you become very, very addicted to the suboxone and w/d from that can be a nightmare.
    Like DulyNoted, Perromaldido liked this post

DulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant futureDulyNoted has a brilliant future

You're absolutely right about Suboxone and the LESS IS MORE aspect as well as the dangers of more than a few days using it. And the gabapentin is definitely one of the more successfully "off label" used newer meds. Good information.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

And by first two days I mean first two hours of the two days until I realized i personally needed a higher amount of suboxone to start out with..

- - - Updated - - -

Those first two days I actually felt great and actually kinda high feeling from the suboxone, to be honest

Congrats @dingleberry, I wish you continued success, I think it's so much better to stop meds on your own terms, rather than being shut off unexpectedly.
    Like mongoose, clc caroline liked this post
    Year Of The Cat. Al Stewart.

You got that one right, and on top of what you said, if I didn't have access to these crucial detox meds I know exactly the type of horror show id be in for, I also don't think, based on past experiences, I would be able to bring myself to exercise, or do other positive things like eat healthy foods, drink healthy, and vitamins which I am sure also assisted my body greatly in kicking the chemical dependency. Definitely better on your own terms, I was ready for a break, this came at a good time for me to reflect also as well.

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    Congrats to you @dingleberry. I'm glad it went fairly easy for you and thanks for sharing. I don't see a lot of posts from people
    that have successfully been able to kick opiates. Great news and much luck!
    Like Carter, Bnjar5, Django liked this post
    I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure.

10. Dingle,
    What are you going to do about your chronic pain?

camus989 will become famous soon enough

Hi Dingleberry. Congrats on the detox and thanks for the details on your plan. I don't know about gabapentin but agree that exercise is one of the very best things you can do, even if you totally don't feel like it. Exercise and a jacuzzi is a godsend. Am curious also about the half-life of the suboxone. If you figure a day on average (c. 37 hours I read is mean, but all depends), by day 8 you still have 1mg or maybe less in your system. Are the effects of this method the same 3 or 4 days later?

Very best of luck to you. Thanks again.

Perromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to all

Kudos to you @dingleberry, anyway since each of us is different I doubt that would work so easy and fast for all addicts - I mean seriously addicted individuals. For example when on day one you took subuxone had you been clean for at least 36-48 hours? If not, you're very lucky not to have experienced precipitated wd... Once again congrats on being clean on a do it yourself basis. It is definitely not so easy.
    ''since nothing put us together nothing will tear us apart ''

I think one thing that is overlooked regarding opiate self-detox success/failure rates, is that many opiate dependent persons are highly functioning addicts keeping very busy lives in order. The point I'm making is that it really requires that you be able to do nothing else but treat yourself and rest on your own schedule for well over a week. We sometimes forget that the reason that opiates are so often abused is that in a rather insidious manner, they do make some people feel better and able to be more engaged than when they are completely normal and drug free.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the pre-(self)detox step of making sure that you can put the expectations of your productive personal life, (which when it comes to family and work can be quite formidable) on hold for possibly two weeks is where it all begins. I think that without being able to do that one is likely to join the ranks of the many that have failed.
    Helpful RedDaisyLady Rated helpful

14. Happy that worked so well for you. Any residual anhedonia? How do you feel mentally after all the physical wd's subside?

- - - Updated - - -

Happy that worked so well for you. Any residual anhedonia? How do you feel mentally after all the physical wd's subside?

ajallday11 will become famous soon enoughajallday11 will become famous soon enough

Im actually going to try this method by dingleberry after this week. I have some gabapentin coming my way. All i need to do is find a way to get suboxone so i can get off these damn opies again.

I will let people know how this method works for me, and the amount of stuff i end up doing! wish me luck ha

- - - Updated - - -

Im actually going to try this method by dingleberry after this week. I have some gabapentin coming my way. All i need to do is find a way to get suboxone so i can get off these damn opies again.

I will let people know how this method works for me, and the amount of stuff i end up doing! wish me luck ha

core2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud of

Personally I think subox is the devil but can work at low doses for 3-5 days max I say this cause subox was the hardest detox I've ever had. You can do it with the following as well:
    Clonodine
    Neurontin
    Benzo or phenobarb
    Bentyl
    Robaxin or flexiril

I'm surprised @dingleberry recovered so quickly. It takes me about 3 weeks to feel better and at least a month til I sleep. Anyway you choose its not easy.
    Helpful Swizzlestick Rated helpful

Congrats on your successful detox! You said that you were taking pain meds for 3 years because you suffered from chronic back pain. What are you doing to manage the back pain, since you stopped taking pain medicine?

just lookin has a spectacular aura aboutjust lookin has a spectacular aura aboutjust lookin has a spectacular aura aboutjust lookin has a spectacular aura aboutjust lookin has a spectacular aura about

thanks that was a great post ill just have to get my hands on some neurontin now. that may be a problem. Im glad this worked for you because i know how horrible opiate withdraw is

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER : I do need and want to emphasize and to be very clear about something here and the original post I have written about my detoxing methods. People, you must take into account that everyone body is different, some people may experience residual withdrawals for up too two weeks after use. This may not work the same for everyone. My advice for everyone is to perhaps not do exactly as I did.

If I were to advice someone, I would tell them to start out with minimum dose of suboxone, and taper down to literally CRUMBS for no longer than say a ~7 DAY period. I might then tell them to lean on gabapentin for a day or two after that for any residual withdrawals, but not for too long as it may have a pro-longing effect which I am still studying.

Everyone is different, please don't expect for certain miracle results, but everone can detox from opiates if you putyour mind to it, but it was is rarely painless, and now after I have written the post I did in fact run into some residual withdrawals 9 days after detoxing. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, I still stand by this as an overall good method, when of course tailored to the individual. Best of luck to anyone and remeber to be carreful with all of these drugs I have listed they ARE ALL dependence forming and you don't not want to trade one addiction for another, completely and utterly defeating the purpose of a detox. Thank you. - Dingle
    Last edited by dingleberry; 03-21-2013 at 02:52 PM.
    Like DulyNoted liked this post

Its not and after the post I DID in fact experience some minor acute withdrawals, you need to stay tough and for god sake do not take the drug of choice. I have will power and have the stuff laying around and wont touch it, but some people do not, it can get to you and the ACTUAL process in its entirety is probably longer than I stated. But I did make a vast improvement and the post acute withdrawals were not nearly traumatic as a full blown withdrawal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Congrats on your successful detox! You said that you were taking pain meds for 3 years because you suffered from chronic back pain. What are you doing to manage the back pain, since you stopped taking pain medicine?
    Swimming is the best, easy on the back and helps to strangthen and loosen muscles if done correctly, it is not harsh on them is the main thing. I also joined a gym/ spa and I use an aliptical machine (spelling?). I also use the steam room as it makes me feel good and loosens me up, and I take advantage of the jacuzzi. As I know not all people have access to this, I suggest doing whatever you plan. Massage therapy is great if you can afford, some I have known have tried acupuncture. I would definitely suggest massage therapy and chiropractic adjustments.
    Helpful DulyNoted, Gladheart Rated helpful
    Like hangingon, core2duo liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast