Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Something that helps with restless leg from withdrawal

xcheck44 is online now Honorable Member
    xcheck44 is a glorious beacon of lightxcheck44 is a glorious beacon of lightxcheck44 is a glorious beacon of lightxcheck44 is a glorious beacon of lightxcheck44 is a glorious beacon of lightxcheck44 is a glorious beacon of lightxcheck44 is a glorious beacon of lightxcheck44 is a glorious beacon of lightxcheck44 is a glorious beacon of lightxcheck44 is a glorious beacon of lightxcheck44 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Something that helps with restless leg from withdrawal

Bananas!! Cheap and tasty! Actually, it's the potassium in the bananas that helps with restless leg, which most get from opiate withdrawal. I suffer from restless leg syndrome (because of the nerve damage in my lower leg), and used to take a prescription med for it. About two years ago I read how banana's help, and i've been eating two before bedtime ever since. It has also helped me when having restless leg during withdrawals, too.

Demona is online now Eminent Member
    Demona is a splendid one to beholdDemona is a splendid one to beholdDemona is a splendid one to beholdDemona is a splendid one to beholdDemona is a splendid one to beholdDemona is a splendid one to beholdDemona is a splendid one to beholdDemona is a splendid one to beholdDemona is a splendid one to beholdDemona is a splendid one to beholdDemona is a splendid one to beholdDemona is a splendid one to beholdDemona is a splendid one to beholdDemona is a splendid one to behold

Interesting, thanks for sharing

Squelix is offline Honorable Member
    Squelix is a glorious beacon of lightSquelix is a glorious beacon of lightSquelix is a glorious beacon of lightSquelix is a glorious beacon of lightSquelix is a glorious beacon of lightSquelix is a glorious beacon of lightSquelix is a glorious beacon of lightSquelix is a glorious beacon of lightSquelix is a glorious beacon of lightSquelix is a glorious beacon of lightSquelix is a glorious beacon of light

One thing that always helped my restless legs was to have a good orgasm, it would quiet my legs right down.

Since it is not always possible, I think your suggestion is a good one @xcheck44.
    God is just dog spelled backwards

robcos is offline Senior Member
    robcos will become famous soon enoughrobcos will become famous soon enoughrobcos will become famous soon enough

Eating a Banana is a great idea. When I was a kid, I was placed on prednisone for really long stretches - like 6 months at a time. It really depletes your potassium. My hands found fold in on themselves from muscle contractions. It was a really weird sensation. Anyway, a doctor, or someone, I don't remember who suggested bananas. They worked like a charm.

I also remember reading something about restless leg and iron deficiency.

Restless leg syndrome: Causes - MayoClinic.com
    Like bobbarker, Stevo1 liked this post

bobbarker is offline Member

Wow, it's great to finally hear some people with the same problem as me. This just started happening to me 2 years ago and I never understand why. What I get is an irresistable urge to move my legs and tighten my calves. It is extremely annoying....

Thank you very much for the advice. I will try bananas and orgasms if I ever have it happen again.
    Helpful halohippe Rated helpful
    Like Stevo1, robcos liked this post

Jellyfish is offline Eminent Member
    Jellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud ofJellyfish has much to be proud of

I will try bananas and orgasms

Together?

This seems like a totally feesible option.

Jambaleed is offline Member

Try 5htp supplement before going to bed. It's an amino acid supplement that raises serotonin levels. I find it to be very relaxing but I have read that some people respond differently. Also, restless leg syndrome has been linked to Low dopamine levels. You might want to try L-dopa.
    Helpful Stevo1, xcheck44, mani, JackieJ Rated helpful
    Like robcos liked this post

Vidalia is offline Senior Member
    Vidalia will become famous soon enough

I took Zanaflex for restless legs during withdraw. It is really strong so I only took 1/2 the recommended dosage. But boy did it work.
    Helpful bradw Rated helpful
    Like Stevo1, robcos liked this post
    donít fear tomorrow or regret the past,, live for whats now and never look back

mani is offline Honorable Member
    mani has a spectacular aura aboutmani has a spectacular aura aboutmani has a spectacular aura aboutmani has a spectacular aura aboutmani has a spectacular aura aboutmani has a spectacular aura about

I suffer from restless leg syndrome, and my doctor prescibed Pregablin (Lyrica) which works really well. Never heard that bananas could help but will give tham a try, as however bad I feel I always eat one a day, as I'm sure they help with my mental health.

Will have a banana tonight instead of Pregablin, as my RLS usually happens late at night.

Thanks for the tip @xcheck44.
    Like Shaeger, robcos liked this post

A MAC USER is offline Senior Member
    A MAC USER will become famous soon enoughA MAC USER will become famous soon enoughA MAC USER will become famous soon enough

Quinine will help a TON for RLS as well.
    Like mmille42, Stevo1, robcos liked this post

Shaeger is offline Senior Member
    Shaeger will become famous soon enoughShaeger will become famous soon enough

I'm not 100% sure on the rules regarding what I'm about to say so mods ... If against I apologize. If one lives in a state that has authorized the use of medical marijuana, this helps tremendously with withdrawal symptoms and restless leg. Combine that with an orgasm and you'll forget about restless leg, withdrawals and feel normal again. And of course, after treating yourself with medical marijuana and having an orgasm, the banana will help you cope with certain other side effects of the mm. Just sayin
    Helpful heartsoup, Squelix, EIT Rated helpful
    "I have nothing to offer anyone except my own confusion." Jack Kerouac

mmille42 is offline Senior Member
    mmille42 has a spectacular aura aboutmmille42 has a spectacular aura aboutmmille42 has a spectacular aura aboutmmille42 has a spectacular aura aboutmmille42 has a spectacular aura about

I use OTC brand pills called "Hyland" for leg cramps..it is with Quinine and it helps me a lot. Good luck! I know how bad this can be....
    Helpful heartsoup, xcheck44, mamakat Rated helpful
    Like Stevo1, robcos, poppy13 liked this post

alumni is offline Exalted Member
    alumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond repute
    alumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond repute
    If you have access to a doctor during withdrawals, both Lyrica and a muscle relaxant like Zanaflex or baclofen will likely help.
    I'd avoid relaxants like Soma or Valium, however.
    Restless Leg Syndrome is a very frequent and irritating symptom of acute opioid cessation.
    I realize that my contributions to this discussion board can seem like a broken record at times but I'll mention again that having a doctor on your side when discontinuing addictive substances can provide access to prescription medications like these and/or to other potentially helpful drugs such as Lomotil, promethazine, even an antidepressant like Wellbutrin for Post Acute Syndrome treatment.
    While cleaning up is never going to be a waltz around the dance floor, it doesn't have to be more painful than necessary if it's done with professional medical help and support from loved ones and family.
    Helpful crucibelle, drboris, Stevo1, Binky, DianeNYS Rated helpful

crucibelle is offline Exalted Member
    crucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond repute
    crucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond repute
    I'll second @alumni's Zanaflex rec. I took some of those for restless leg and other WD symptoms from Tramadol, and it worked quite well!
    Like Squelix, Binky liked this post
    True friends stab you in the front. -- Oscar Wilde

bradw is offline Senior Member
    bradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nice

Quinine IS an effective remedy for restless legs, however, over-the-counter/OTC homeopathic products such as Hyland's Leg Cramps contain such an insignificant quantity of quinine that it is extremely improbable that these products are any more effective than a placebo would be. The Hyland's products, for instance, contains either 0.0078 mg per dissolveable tablet or 0.014 mg per caplet of Cinchona bark, which is a natural source of quinine (this information was sourced from Hyland's own website, [http://www.hylandslegcramps.com/faq]).

Tonic water is found by some to be effective for leg cramps and restless legs. A glass of tonic water typically has a quinine content of 15-20 mgs. Tonic water does contain only a small amount of quinine when compared to the doses prescribed by doctors, however it contains significantly more quinine (over 1,000 times more) than over-the-counter homeopathic remedies.

Pramipexole (trade name Mirapex) is a prescription medication prescribed for restless leg syndrome. I have personally used pramipexole for symptoms resulting from opioid withdrawal, and I found it to be quite effective in reducing my limb-related withdrawal symptoms. Pramipexole is specifically indicated as a pharmaceutical treatment for RLS (restless legs syndrome) as well as for early-stage Parkinson's disease. Further nformation regarding pramipexole can be found at: Pramipexole (Sifrol and Sifrol ER) for Parkinsonís disease: NPS - Better choices, Better health
    Helpful drboris, xcheck44, betsky Rated helpful

poppy13 is offline Honorable Member
    poppy13 will become famous soon enoughpoppy13 will become famous soon enoughpoppy13 will become famous soon enoughpoppy13 will become famous soon enough

hylands has a restless leg med not just one for leg cramps.ive taken the restless legs for withdrawls.it helped alittle.i think the bananas help becuase of the potassium.potassium helps r.s. but when i had withdrawls darvocets worked best for r.s.
    Like Stevo1 liked this post

gazbg is offline Senior Member
    gazbg will become famous soon enoughgazbg will become famous soon enoughgazbg will become famous soon enoughgazbg will become famous soon enough

restless legs are the worst, especially when its from withdrawals.
    Helpful dalembic Rated helpful
    Like JackieJ liked this post

Sephrina is offline Honorable Member
    Sephrina has a spectacular aura aboutSephrina has a spectacular aura aboutSephrina has a spectacular aura aboutSephrina has a spectacular aura aboutSephrina has a spectacular aura aboutSephrina has a spectacular aura about

For me I have found cyclobenzaprine or ativan work very well.
    Last edited by Sephrina; 03-28-2012 at 07:18 PM.
    Helpful Stevo1 Rated helpful
    Tired of Screwin' up,Tired of Going Down, Tired of Myself, Tired of this Town, (T.P)

bradw is offline Senior Member
    bradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nice

I personally know what DOESN'T work; when in severe opiate withdrawal before, I took about 10 mg of clonazepam (Klonopin) and it put me to sleep for about an hour, but during that hour, my partner almost called for an ambulance because my restless legs were so, so severe, even while I was passed out, that he thought I was having seizures.
    Like Binky, Sephrina liked this post

Sephrina is offline Honorable Member
    Sephrina has a spectacular aura aboutSephrina has a spectacular aura aboutSephrina has a spectacular aura aboutSephrina has a spectacular aura aboutSephrina has a spectacular aura aboutSephrina has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyolson View Post
    I personally know what DOESN'T work; when in severe opiate withdrawal before, I took about 10 mg of clonazepam (Klonopin) and it put me to sleep for about an hour, but during that hour, my partner almost called for an ambulance because my restless legs were so, so severe, even while I was passed out, that he thought I was having seizures.
    @bradleyolson

That is VERY scary - I hope ur doing ok now. I do have seizures & have to go off norcos once a month. So, I understand & empathize with you.
    Last edited by Sephrina; 03-30-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    Tired of Screwin' up,Tired of Going Down, Tired of Myself, Tired of this Town, (T.P)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast