Thread: Has anyone successfully conceived after taking Metformin for PCOS? My dr. just put me on it for PCOS....

Annie is offline Junior Member

Default Has anyone successfully conceived after taking Metformin for PCOS? My dr. just put me on it for PCOS....

My doctor recently put me on Metformin for treatment of PCOS and infertility. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 3 years with no success. I tried Clomid for a few months but no luck with that either. I desperately need to lose weight and I'm trying harder to exercise although I have never been active so it doesn't come easy for me. Will taking metformin help me lose weight as well? Dying to hear of any success stories of anyone conceiving after taking metformin for PCOS, I need a ray of hope!!!! I'm terribly depressed because everytime I turn around it seems another friend is telling me she is pregnant and none have tried as long as I have to concieve!

tozaaa is offline Junior Member

I haven't personally hun but I've heard very good things about Metformin assisting you in weight loss and helping to regulate your cycles. I have a very good friend who had PCOS and Endometreosis, and she conceived using Metformin and IVF, without the Metformin it would have been highly unlikely she could have conceived. Apparently it is somewhat of a wonder drug for PCOS, so it sounds like you're in good hands hun.

All the luck in the world and a ton of baby dust you way! xxxxxxxx