NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 899 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Percocet with ritalin

Default Percocet with ritalin

Has anyone tried taking percocet or any other type of opioid with Ritalin or any other type of upper? Just wondering if you can do it, if its ok to do it and what your experience is. Thanks!

Morals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to beholdMorals is a splendid one to behold

It really depends on your level of tolerance to both of these drugs and the doses you are taking. A medicinal dosage of Methylphenidate taken daily should not negatively affect you in combination with a medicinal dose of oxycodone. Obviously it is ill advised to combine a stimulant and an opiate but it is often done in the medical profession when dealing with pain management to combat the drowsiness induced by narcotic painkillers. As a related anecdote; my father was prescribed Oxycontin in combination with Methylphenidate when he was terminally ill.

00Buckshot is offline Banned Reason: Appears to have scammed other members
    00Buckshot has a spectacular aura about00Buckshot has a spectacular aura about00Buckshot has a spectacular aura about00Buckshot has a spectacular aura about00Buckshot has a spectacular aura about

There was a time when I mixed recreational doses of opiates with high doses ritalin. I remember we called it a sort of speed ball sometimes.

What I found is my toes couldnt stop wiggling in my shoes, and I would end up with massive water bubble blisters on my toes. One time a girl poked one of the giant water bubbles on my big toe with a pin and drained it. I continued to use the "speed ball" mixture combination and within a day or two the toe where she drained the blister became VERY infected and the infection actually moved up my leg from the original toe area to the middle shin area on my leg and a big red welt formed that was hot to the touch. I went to the doctor and when the doctor saw this they reacted like Ive never seen doctors react before.....Like an episode of ER or something. The doc's took immediate action and got me on some horse sized pills that were more than just powerful antibiotics. I think I almost lost my leg that time.
    Like cajunbulldog liked this post

I take Vicodin (not every day) rxd. for chronic pain and Vyvanse (daily) rxd. for ADHD and they seem to tolerate each other. I find that the Vic significantly reduces my anxiety when I take both but other then that nothing significant.

Ritalin knocks me out better then a benzo...but maybe because I have ADHD so I don't get any euphoric feelings or energy from these meds...sad

Quote Originally Posted by 00Buckshot View Post
    There was a time when I mixed recreational doses of opiates with high doses ritalin. I remember we called it a sort of speed ball sometimes.

What I found is my toes couldnt stop wiggling in my shoes, and I would end up with massive water bubble blisters on my toes. One time a girl poked one of the giant water bubbles on my big toe with a pin and drained it. I continued to use the "speed ball" mixture combination and within a day or two the toe where she drained the blister became VERY infected and the infection actually moved up my leg from the original toe area to the middle shin area on my leg and a big red welt formed that was hot to the touch. I went to the doctor and when the doctor saw this they reacted like Ive never seen doctors react before.....Like an episode of ER or something. The doc's took immediate action and got me on some horse sized pills that were more than just powerful antibiotics. I think I almost lost my leg that time.
    Wow that is kinda scary hahaha. You would think that an ER doctor has seen everything but when they take one look at you and squirm, you know your in trouble

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 2 minutes after the last post:*

Quote Originally Posted by slick76 View Post
    I take Vicodin (not every day) rxd. for chronic pain and Vyvanse (daily) rxd. for ADHD and they seem to tolerate each other. I find that the Vic significantly reduces my anxiety when I take both but other then that nothing significant.

Ritalin knocks me out better then a benzo...but maybe because I have ADHD so I don't get any euphoric feelings or energy from these meds...sad
    The Vic actually give me a productive feeling to be honest, unless I am just sitting around, then I just get tired. But I figured if i took ritalin with it I might be that much more productive...I dont know.
    Last edited by justinslegacy; 07-23-2011 at 11:07 PM.

00Buckshot is offline Banned Reason: Appears to have scammed other members
    00Buckshot has a spectacular aura about00Buckshot has a spectacular aura about00Buckshot has a spectacular aura about00Buckshot has a spectacular aura about00Buckshot has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by justinslegacy View Post
    Wow that is kinda scary hahaha. You would think that an ER doctor has seen everything but when they take one look at you and squirm, you know your in trouble

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 2 minutes after the last post:*

The Vic actually give me a productive feeling to be honest, unless I am just sitting around, then I just get tired. But I figured if i took ritalin with it I might be that much more productive...I dont know.
    It happens because when I mix a stimulant with an opiate my toes cant stop curling in my shoes, over and over until I get a blister...which can lead to an infection.

7. I was prescribed a low dose of adderall simultaneously with a low dose of percocet. I was completely fine. I only took these meds during daylight/ waking hours. I wouldn't have done it with higher doses. Just be careful and use common sense , and you probably want to have a tolerance before mixing.
    Helpful IGoeOn Rated helpful

8. I've mixed everything from Heroin and Meth to Adderall and Vicoden. As long as you dont ingest a ridiculous amount of either drug and know your own limitations you'll be fine. Not that I condone using meth or heroin though...
    Like konik, Va2323 liked this post

9. ive taken percs with adderall before and from my experience its not a good idea to mix uppers and downers if you do id suggest that you watch how many u take as it could dangerous.
    Like Va2323 liked this post

themoshx2 has a spectacular aura aboutthemoshx2 has a spectacular aura aboutthemoshx2 has a spectacular aura aboutthemoshx2 has a spectacular aura aboutthemoshx2 has a spectacular aura aboutthemoshx2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by justinslegacy View Post
    Has anyone tried taking percocet or any other type of opioid with Ritalin or any other type of upper? Just wondering if you can do it, if its ok to do it and what your experience is. Thanks!
    Have a family member that is perscribed both. I have a strong feeling they don't always take the medication exactly as they should; though, I am not aware there has ever been a problem. Has been taking the two for a few years now and "prefers" to take them together.

I mixed Percocet and Adderall for about a year and did not have a problem. The only thing was that I found myself to be getting Dehydratrated. Dehydration can make you feel like crap. So try to stay away from caffinated drinks. Drink more water than you normally do and you will be a happy camper with that combo!

Originally Posted by justinslegacy
    "Has anyone tried taking percocet or any other type of opioid with Ritalin or any other type of upper? Just wondering if you can do it, if its ok to do it and what your experience is. Thanks! "
    Helpful Keefus Rated helpful

12. I've been taking analgesics and stimulants (cylert and hydro, and now codeine and sudafed)for over 8 years. Just taking analgesics makes me tired so it just made sense to take sth to counteract the side effect of lethargy.

I understand not taking uppers with downers but percocets dont make me feel that way. I actually feel good and motivated to do things that's why I figured Ritalin would give me an extra boost to get stuff done I guess.

Thanks for all the responses. Its giving me a cocktail of information to sip from and make a educated decision.
    Like ritalin, naynay, Harry Irene liked this post

realxsalo will become famous soon enoughrealxsalo will become famous soon enough

actually percocets and ritalins are my favorite combo. but be careful with the speedballs they can cause very vad stress to the heart and can lead to serious problems in the future like enlarged heart.

sambob is offline Banned Reason: Attempted selling through the forum
    sambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond repute

Years ago when you could easily walk over to Mexico and come back we used to get "roofies" and ritalin. We would take a fair amount of ritalin and then stick a "roofie" under neath our tongue and let it melt and you could feel it starting to go down your body...

I am currently prescribed Opana ER 30mg twice daily and Opana IR 10mg twice daily by my primary doctor. I have taken Ritalin from Starlite RX on several occasions with no adverse effects. My tolerance to Opana is extreme but Ritalin, on the other hand, I have no tolerance to. The bottom line is that nobody can tell you how your body will react and as others have pointed out if you deliberately do this it is known as "speed balling" and can and will cause serious problems. Even if you successfully take the combination for years with no evident adverse effects you could actually be doing long term damage to your heart and/or liver.

I wouldn't do it (do as I say not as I do) but if you must I would certainly separate the dosages as much as possible. For example... Percocet at 8am and Ritalin at 10am and Percocet at noon then Ritalin at 2pm and so on... This will help lower the risk of adverse side effects, in my opinion.

I am not a doctor nor should anything I just said be relied on as fact. I am just expressing my opinion. Take caution no matter what and you should consult a doctor with this question.

Most importantly, though and again, is that nobody here can tell you how your body will react. If you want to be smart then take everything that everybody says with a grain of salt...

Good Luck and Be Safe!!! Life is too precious to end because you need a little more energy. Caffeine would certainly be safe!
    Helpful C_Dub Rated helpful

17. i mixed roxy's with add's for a couple years. never felt better in my life. My confidence levels increased greatly(otherwise introverted and depressed), motivation, creativity, mental clarity, and zero anxiety! anything i needed to do i could do!! but doctors felt putting me on an anti-depressant would be better. lol fukin joke. i wanted to shoot myself in the head being on those ssris.
    Like no name, shadowsden liked this post

18. the reason you feel fine, not high, is the high. Just because you have ADD does not mean that you do not get the same high as anyone else. Just be caredul and don't increase the dose--I was on adderallsand norco's until I ended up eating them like candy and could not function without them, but with them I felt just fine.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 5 minutes after the last post:*

also ritalin/amphetamine enhances the euphoric effects of opiates. there is a reason peaple like to mix heroin and cocaine.

but as long as it is not an everyday thing and monitored by the doc its o.k., its just when you start wanting more that the problem has begun.
    Last edited by dick butkiss; 09-03-2011 at 04:24 AM.
    Like refpoc1 liked this post

no name is just really niceno name is just really niceno name is just really niceno name is just really niceno name is just really niceno name is just really niceno name is just really niceno name is just really niceno name is just really niceno name is just really nice

Isnt narcolepsy that is medicinally induced treated with a stimulant?
    When you dance with the devil you don't get to choose the music !

mikep938 will become famous soon enoughmikep938 will become famous soon enoughmikep938 will become famous soon enough

Someone who isn't me is RXd adderall and takes that with RXd klonopin and not so rarely oxycodone as well. Seems to be fine for the most part when I see the guy.

But definitely try doing it in small doses and see how you react to the combination.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast