NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 937 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take for Xanax to leave your system (drug test)

I believe the more recent poster wasn't talking about a school.
    Suboxone doctor doing tox UA screens which will definitely test for benzos.
    Although the detection time for all benzodiazepines will vary somewhat depending on frequency of use and daily dosage levels, there is not much difference between one benzo or the other. Xanax can be a bit shorter but not much.
    The detection times I've seen most often for these drugs as a category are 1 week at the least and 6 weeks at the most to be safe.
    And I've seen a lot of Xanax users pop positive two weeks after discontinuing use.
    Last edited by alumni; 05-25-2011 at 05:24 PM.

i think the original posting said his school was random testing. maybe he is in an alternative school or perhaps im not reading the thread right. i wasnt replying to anyone except the one who started the thread. confusing for sure
    Last edited by DB Dicey; 05-25-2011 at 05:39 PM.

3. Doing a google search it seems like quite a few sites say it could take a week or so, although there's a wide range of opinions on this.

Be careful about hydrating too much prior to a urine screen as you can dilute your urine to the extent the test will be inconclusive. If a lab receives a urine sample which is too diluted to interpret, this will be reported to the school (or employer, etc). You can make the claim you just drink a lot of water, but it certainly will appear as if you are trying to be evasive.

Xanax can be detected from 5-7 days after usage depending upon your metabolism. Urine tests screen first with the immunoassay test then confirm positive results with the more accurate gas chromatograph mass spectrometer. The sensitivity setting is what determines the detection, which is the concentration of metabolites it is set to detect, the standard cutoff is 50 nanograms/milliliter (ng/ml).
    Like betsky liked this post

I have tested postive for benzo's 2 weeks after not touching them and that was after drinking a system flush, Seeing as the metabolites are stored in the fat cells they can linger.
    I was at the time a very heavy user of Benzo's

If it has anything to do with Court or Work, I would suggest pre screening yourself.

-bk
    Helpful nola Rated helpful
    Like Carter liked this post
    What Happened? -Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
    Xanax can be detected from 5-7 days after usage depending upon your metabolism.
    I would be a little cautious taking that advice as written.
    While it is true that a benzo such as Xanax can be detected 7 days after use, it can also be detected after a considerably longer passage of time as I noted in an earlier post.
    As you say, metabolism can affect elimination time but average dosage levels, prior frequency of use, concurrent drug and alcohol consumption, etc. can also affect it.
    Detection after two weeks is not that infrequent.
    Helpful Carter Rated helpful

If you know you're going to have to take urine tests every week you should be very careful taking these. As earlier posters mentioned, drinking ALOT of water is something you're gonna have to do. Not trying to scare you, But I RARELY take xanax, maybe a couple times a month if I really need one. Anyways, I had taken one 1mg xanax on a Monday and it showed up on a urine screen the following Thursday.

9. I depends on how long you have been taking it the longer you take it the longer it stays in your system. This applies to all meds so really i'm sure you already knew that.

quon5 will become famous soon enough

I failed a drug test for xanax once. I had taken it about 70 hours prior to the test. I had no idea they would be performing a 10 drug panel test on me so I did not take any steps to pass. I consumed a coffee in the morning and then no water all day. They took a sample at 3 PM and it was almost like sludge. I would not recommend doing that.

Everything I have read indicates that xanax is not water soluble; therefore, would drinking a bunch of water really make a difference? I heard the same is true for Klonopin as well and I also her it has a much longer half life. Any estimates as to how long it would take klonopin to leave your system enough to pass a test?

Yes if u drink a lot of water it will get out quicker plus the diluted urine will be harder to screen but make sure its not too clear. Drink about 1/2 to a whole gallon whatever ur comfortable with and make sure you take a multivitamin to give your urine some color. I've passed hundreds of test with water and vitamins. I was on probation and house arrest. Also niacin works wonders for passing.

nola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to behold

just some friendly advise benzos stay in your system like weed. it stores in your fat. i tested positive for 5 weeks yes 5 weeks for vals and xans are of the same class of drug. i was prescribed 30mg a day 1 10mg 3 times a day.i had to quit for a job. if your not a heavy user it wont stay as long as someone who is. but not for a second should you believe it will be gone in a couple days. there maybe some cover drinks you can buy but its not going to be gone.my advice is to get a legal script or dont take them at all. hope everything works out. good luck
    Helpful basehead Rated helpful
    Like Keith K Stone liked this post

basehead will become famous soon enoughbasehead will become famous soon enoughbasehead will become famous soon enough

by experience, ive used home tests, urine lab tests (which are ****in crazy-has levels of every drug), and mouth swabs. i know for urine it could be anywhere from like 3 to maybe 5 days depending on how much u were using.

mouth swabs are different and easier to get away with. i don't really know long it takes for beznos to get out of your mouth, but i know for weed it could be 3 days....instead of 2-4 weeks in a urine test

nola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to behold

with all do respect,if you thing benzos will be out of your system in a few days your going to fail a test. fact not fiction. one love,nola

16. Quote Originally Posted by nola View Post
    just some friendly advise benzos stay in your system like weed. it stores in your fat. i tested positive for 5 weeks yes 5 weeks for vals and xans are of the same class of drug.
    Vals yes. Alps...I have serious doubts that was still present. Maybe they were just f'ing with you after finding the Vals in the sample?

Anything can and sometimes does happen but that is a long time for alps to be present.
    Like otouto liked this post

benzos may vary from one to another vals after heavy use, for sure are bad news. alps may not stay as long but i doubt very seriously a few days is enough time to walk into a important drug test and feel good about passing it.. but thats me,do as you wish.hell a few days isnt long enough for most pain killers much less a benzo. hope its not for LE or a good job.better buy some top shelf cover up,masking potion at the head shop and be clean for at least a few days before using it. been there,done that..
    Last edited by nola; 10-07-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    Helpful Lynx4, Carter Rated helpful
    Like Keith K Stone liked this post

fredw will become famous soon enough

i have been good 72 hours after taking xanax.
    The half life is 11.5 hours. If it is a single dose
    you should be good after 3 days or so. depends on metabolism.

Default How long Xanax will show up in Drug Test

Quote Originally Posted by dtothebhat View Post
    Took xanax over weekend and my school has random drug testing twice a week. How long will it take for this to clear my system?

I found this information on a medical website...hope it helps.

The length of time any drug stays in your system will vary. In large part, it depends on your physiological makeup (height, weight, your amount of body fat, your age, current state of health, whether or not you exercise mildly-aggressively-or at all). Whether or not you are undergoing any degree of stress (your "state of mind") at the time you ingest drugs can play a part as well.

Still other considerations include your "frequency" of use (1x per day? 3-5x per day?), the "quantity" of drug you used each time, and the "length of time" (days? weeks? months?) of your consistent drug-use prior to your drug test. Even the quality ("potency") of the drug you ingest determines "how long" the drug is detectable in your system when your urine is analyzed (tested) at the lab.

However, for most people, detectable levels which will show up as a "positive" in a laboratory drug test stay in the body for these approximate periods of time for Benzodiazepines (e.g., Ativan, Halcion, Librium, Rohypnol, Valium; Roofies, Tranks, Xanax), most, 2-3 days; a few, 4-8 days.

However, for chronic drug users, drugs (other than alcohol) can be retained in the system much longer by the chronic-user after their last use.

@onpaper, if you are like me and are really on paper"like me". you dont listen to any dumb ass that tells you a few days and xanax or any other benzo is out your system.THEIR FULL OF SH!T !! if you dont care about eating bologna sandwiches for a few months or years in jail. than listen to the wisdom of the all knowing jackass with the crap advise. the half life of a drugs effects dont mean shit in the the time frames your talking about. yes people get lucky all the time with drug test. but that is not likely going to be you. a few pain pills will take depending on your weight and water intake. at least 3-5 days i wouldnt take a test until at least 4 whole days. benzos heavy weekend type use or regular daily use XANAX 2.5-3 WEEKS MINIMAL,VALS one month for a regular user.i pissed dirty six freakin weeks,no BS. Some of the new test test for masking agents.be careful benzos are the worst thing in the world to get out of your system.
    Helpful Keith K Stone, Gambit979 Rated helpful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast