NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 777 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take for Xanax to leave your system (drug test)

dtothebhat is offline Junior Member

Default How long does it take for Xanax to leave your system (drug test)

Took xanax over weekend and my school has random drug testing twice a week. How long will it take for this to clear my system?
    Like basehead liked this post

baserunner316 is offline Junior Member

your school?? GAY!

uhm I beleive 2-5 days. To be sure, try harder to help clean out, maybe alot of water, or some known things to do to clean out.
    Like basehead liked this post

tatorbeans is offline Junior Member

OMG what school do you go to? Is it public?

pook1176 is offline Member

it takes 48 hours or so to get out of my system

bignick is offline Member

I have been told anything that is water soluble aka if drop it in a cup of water and it dissolves is out of you system in 24-48hrs. Your best beat if you’re really worried about it is to drink a lot of water and exercise. This will flush out your system faster than anything naturally.

mlo
    mlo is offline Honorable Member
    mlo will become famous soon enoughmlo will become famous soon enoughmlo will become famous soon enoughmlo will become famous soon enough

Xanax has a half life of 11.2 hours, 16.3 hours (elderly), and 19.7 hours (for those with alcoholic liver disease).

So after your last dose your system should be clean about 23 hours. However, it could be longer if someone is abusing xanax and taking very high doses or if their health is compromised and they cannot process the xanax as fast as other healthy individuals.

My advice would be to drink plenty of water after the last dose to help flush your system. You could also try using a product designed to flush your system that contains goldenseal and other herbs after the last dose to flush your system. You can find these products at head shops. Some are better than others, do your research.

j0ec0714 is offline Member

if your not taking them on a regular basis then..48hrs they should be outa your system.

NYJets is offline Honorable Member
    NYJets will become famous soon enoughNYJets will become famous soon enoughNYJets will become famous soon enough

Xanax goes out of your system rather quickly. I would say anywhere from 24-72 hours. I would give it four days just to be safe.

I actually had a drug test about 9 hours after doing 8mg of xanax. I drank a QCarbo32 (I think that is the name of the drink) two hours before the test and passed. If you need more info on that, I'd be happy to help.

Redds is offline Member

I was taking random drug tests for a while and passed one even though I had taken Xanax the night before. I also drink a lot of water and I think a lot of it just has to do with your body.

heeman is offline Senior Member
    heeman will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by steve032 View Post
    Xanax goes out of your system rather quickly. I would say anywhere from 24-72 hours. I would give it four days just to be safe.

I actually had a drug test about 9 hours after doing 8mg of xanax. I drank a QCarbo32 (I think that is the name of the drink) two hours before the test and passed. If you need more info on that, I'd be happy to help.
    remember that could just be 1. the type of test was not testing for benzos and or 2. they administer the drug tests only to a select few of the total population of samples. schools have a budget. they're not going to spend it all on drug testing.. i wouldn't be surprised if they just threw away the samples and used the testing as a scare tactic. anyways.. drinking water and cranberry juice should help it pass your system faster..

NYJets will become famous soon enoughNYJets will become famous soon enoughNYJets will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by heeman View Post
    remember that could just be 1. the type of test was not testing for benzos and or 2. they administer the drug tests only to a select few of the total population of samples. schools have a budget. they're not going to spend it all on drug testing.. i wouldn't be surprised if they just threw away the samples and used the testing as a scare tactic. anyways.. drinking water and cranberry juice should help it pass your system faster..
    This test is administered to me every month from my personal physician. I literally pee in a cup and then watch them drop the urine into each of the 5 or 6 things they test for. The drug test looks almost exactly like the one in the picture below. I have to sit in the room right behind the nurse and wait for her to circle positive or negative for each one and then hand the sheet back to my doctor before he will write me a prescription. Sometimes he has a 10 panel test, and sometimes a 5 or 6 panel test, but every time Benzos have been on the list. They are not supposed to be taken with the drug I am prescribed (Suboxone), so he always tests for that.

5296 1116874117 - How long does it take for Xanax to leave your system (drug test)

I have never been a believer in drinks, but I have also never been in this much of a "danger zone" right before a drug test. I googled something real quick and came across that drink. You are supposed to drink the entire 32oz bottle 2 hours before you test, and then 64 oz of water on top of that. It tells you to urinate a few times before you go in. My urine was literally a neon yellow/green color when I provided the sample

Anyway, I'm not sure if I passed because of the drink, because I drank a bunch of water, or that their test has a higher minimum threshold for benzos, but it was indeed a legitimate test.

However, you bring up a good point about drug tests being expensive and being used as more or less a scare tactic for kids. I'm sure that is being used more than people think. My doctor actually charges me $60 just for the the drug test itself.
    Helpful Ptown96 Rated helpful

evertking is offline Senior Member
    evertking will become famous soon enoughevertking will become famous soon enoughevertking will become famous soon enoughevertking will become famous soon enough

Wow.. your school does random drug testing? what if you were to refuse? That is kinds intrusive. What meds your on is none of their business. IMO

makaveli25 is offline Member

If it's something really important I would give it a whole week to clear out of your system. It really depends on how fast your metabolism is!
    feeling good

Quote Originally Posted by evertking View Post
    Wow.. your school does random drug testing? what if you were to refuse? That is kinds intrusive. What meds your on is none of their business. IMO
    This is not for school. I'm on Suboxone treatment and my doctor gives me a drug test every month before writing my prescription

nothing13 is offline Member

It will take about 4 half-lives to get a drug out of your system. xanax is around 12 hours so figure 2 days. but it depends on how much you take, how good your liver is at clearing and how sensitive the test is.

it also matters what time of day you take test and how much water you drink and void out first

Wabbitt is offline Senior Member
    Wabbitt has a spectacular aura aboutWabbitt has a spectacular aura aboutWabbitt has a spectacular aura aboutWabbitt has a spectacular aura aboutWabbitt has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli25 View Post
    If it's something really important I would give it a whole week to clear out of your system. It really depends on how fast your metabolism is!
    alprazolam can actually show up in your system two weeks after discontinuing use depended on alot of factors I.E. habitual user, ocasional user, etc but, the national drug testing cut off for urine analisis is legally a 4 day cut off. in other words although capable, they can legally only go back 4 days so most all DT are designed accordingly.
    Helpful reganhenderson Rated helpful

j67md is offline Member
    j67md will become famous soon enoughj67md will become famous soon enough

Default days

The half-life (time it takes for 50% of the drug to be removed from the body) is 10-12 hours. Since storage in the fat cells is negligible, theoretically it would take only a few days to clear xanax. However, if you are taking other benzodiazepines or very large amounts of xanax, I'd recommend being clean for a week. What the drug text actually tests is for Benzodiazepines, not Xanax specifically, so make sure there is no valium, restoril, ativan etc in your system either.

chera is offline Honorable Member
    chera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nicechera is just really nice

My mothers pain management doctor has had to switch drug testing companies 3 times since January, according to the doc, due to alot of false positive test results. At any rate, we were told that the anti depressant medication Zoloft will very often show up on a urine drug screen as xanax.

yankeefan is offline Member

what about ativan? Does that take longer to clear than Xanax?

DB Dicey is offline Distinguished Member
    DB Dicey is just really niceDB Dicey is just really niceDB Dicey is just really niceDB Dicey is just really niceDB Dicey is just really niceDB Dicey is just really niceDB Dicey is just really niceDB Dicey is just really niceDB Dicey is just really niceDB Dicey is just really nice

i doubt your school wouild be testing for legal drugs. ive taken a couple employment drug tests which i take a xanax so i can pee into thier cup..lol, never came back to haunt me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast