NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1172 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: drug test tomorrow i take two prescriptions xanax and hydrocodone

Default drug test tomorrow i take two prescriptions xanax and hydrocodone

i know these are both drugs that will show up on a drug test, i do have a doctors prescription and the bottles they coming in, do i take them to the testing place, will they tell my employers i take them. i would prefer they dont know. am i ok to still get the job?

2. just tell them i take prescriptions and theyl undersatnd

3. Tell the tester the medication you are on, if you do not tell fort-hand they will count this as a drug.

4. Make sure you tell the testing person that you are on these and you are under a doctors care. I do not believe that they will tell your employer

5. Well, you are right that they will show up on the drug test, and you may have to get something from the doctor when the drug test comes back positive.

This happened to my brother when he had a drug test that was positive due to prescription medicine he was on. He informed the tester that he was on the meds, but when the test came back positive, they told him to go home. He had to get documentation from his doctor and come back and prove that he was on a prescription before he could resume his training.

6. Bring the bottles, or a doctors note with you to the test.

The drug testers are obligated under privacy law NOT to tell your employer the legal, prescribed drugs you are on (as this can be used by an employer against you to breach your right to equality in the work place).

If you do not present the drug testers with legally binding evidence (prescription bottles with RECENT DATES on them, or a doctors note), these drugs will be flagged and reported to your employer.

If you take them legally and have nothing to hide, your safest to just present the tester with this evidence.
    Helpful naynay, SpaceMatters, Binky, c729 Rated helpful

Your best bet is to tell them that you are on certain drugs which are given to you by your doctor you would not want to mess up your chances of geting a good job by lying.

when i told them i was taking prescriptions they told me that they wouldnt need to see the bottle unless i came up positive for something. this was a random work drug test and i was taking dilaudid and xanax. they never said anything about either.

9. You will be fine if you indeed have a prescription for these meds. I use to be a drug tester and would go to job sites to administer randoms or people would come to our office to get tested. We never did anything with prescriptions and what we were told is that the lab will contact you if something pops up as positive to get your doctors information so they can confirm you are prescribe the medication.

Although if I went to the job site and did a random and something came up as positive the person would have to go home until they were cleared that they indeed had a prescription. We would do instant tests and if something came up positive we would bag it up and send it in to the lab.
    Helpful naynay Rated helpful

guess it all depends. my experience is that many screens are looking for illegal drugs. ive been tested many times and have never been flagged for whatever i was taking.

quon5 will become famous soon enough

I don't think you need to tell the actual drug tester what prescriptions you are taking. The positive results should be received by a MRO (Medical Review Officer) who should then contact you and see if there is a legitimate reason for a positive test result. At that time you will be a be able to tell them you have prescription medicines, provide documentation, and be given a clear. I heard it's common for heroin addicts to get codeine prescriptions in order to explain away positives for opiates.

12. I had this exact experience, Oxy not hydro was the only difference. I told them upfront, when the test came back i had to complete a form, and they sent a form to dr. Once he completed it i was officially hired. I took test on a Monday expecting to start the following Monday, it was completed and I did start work on the expected day. Who knows if all companies do things this way, likely not, but i hope this helps someone.

SpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond repute
    SpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond repute
    I'd bring your bottles (leave some pills at home in case you lose them) and ask the tester what the procedure is for those who take prescriptions.

That way you won't give out any more info than is required. I am all about not telling folks (even employers and those giving the test) more than they need to know. Never know who will be behind you in line. Might be a bigmouth!
    Mean is never the answer.