NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1234 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Suboxone and drug testing

Twiddles will become famous soon enoughTwiddles will become famous soon enough

Default Suboxone and drug testing

I have heard many conflicting reports on whether or not suboxone will show up on drug tests. I know it can be tested for specifically, but will it result in a positive in regular opiate tests? such as the NIDA five panel?
    Like Rclover liked this post

QVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant future

@Boogani What is your opinion? (He's the expert) Buprenorphine, the active opioid agonist in suboxone, will not show up on a standard immunoassay. Especially not a NIDA five panel. They have to send to lab for testing using gas chromotography/mass spectrometry. So unless you did something else bad that triggers a positive, and it gets sent to the lab, they will never know.

I've taken buprenorphine and several of the five and 9 panel tests. Always passed, always clean. Besides, someone taking suboxone is trying to get better, and usually has a script for it (you don't have a script but are trying to kick the opiate habit, aren't you. well, I applaud your efforts. But you have nothing to worry about in terms of this test) Interestingly, methadone won't show up on a 5-panel test either. They have to specifically request to add suboxone or methadone to the test.
    Helpful Rclover, Twiddles Rated helpful

Thanks a lot for the info and the support QVC1212, I really started to question the idea of sobriety when I have to worry about the medication I take to stay off of I.V. opiates turning up on a drug test

Just a couple words on Suboxone though, I am aware it does not work for everyone, but it has made my life much easier. I know that it gets skepticism for being an "Easy way out" but in my opinion there are no easy ways out of addiction. And furthermore any way out seems to be a step in the right direction.
    Helpful Rclover Rated helpful
    Like Packrat, Buchanan35 liked this post

Depends on panel. The one substance that doesn't seem to show even when they test for it is fentanyl patches. Perhaps grab fentanyl patches and use ti keep from going through withdrawals if knowhaving to go through screen. Just an idea that may be worth researching further. I am on patch and it never registers. I almost got in hot water with PM over this a while back.
    Helpful Twiddles Rated helpful

Boogani is on a distinguished road

Actually Burprenorphine is becoming more and more popular on instant immunoassay tests. Most manufactures offer this on their configurations. Methadone also is available. This doesn't mean that they have them but they definitely are available. the kits we sell are 12 panel and do include methadone but do not include BUP.

Fentanyl is NOT and probably never will be available on an instant screen. It is dosed in such small amounts that it cannot be detected on a lateral flow immunoassay urine drug screen. Very few chemistry analyzers can even pick it up. Fentanyl must be confirmed on some sort of Mass Spec. GC/MS or LC/MS/MS
    Helpful Twiddles, daryl55 Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Boogani View Post
    Actually Burprenorphine is becoming more and more popular on instant immunoassay tests. Most manufactures offer this on their configurations. Methadone also is available. This doesn't mean that they have them but they definitely are available. the kits we sell are 12 panel and do include methadone but do not include BUP.

Fentanyl is NOT and probably never will be available on an instant screen. It is dosed in such small amounts that it cannot be detected on a lateral flow immunoassay urine drug screen. Very few chemistry analyzers can even pick it up. Fentanyl must be confirmed on some sort of Mass Spec. GC/MS or LC/MS/MS
    No doubt. PM clinic test did not detect and I an sitting right there pointing out my patches.

This is all the more reason to switch to Fentanyl patch to avoid withdrawals from another opiate so you can pass an employer's drug screen you know about in advance.
    Last edited by 996ttcab; 04-09-2011 at 10:44 AM.

What about the fentanyl suckers? I understand the dosage is higher on these so does that change the results? I know these have gotten a lot more popular since a sucker doesn't arouse the same suspistion as a bunch of pills.
    This job would be great if it weren't for all of the f**king customers.

Quote Originally Posted by 996ttcab View Post
    No doubt. PM clinic test did not detect and I an sitting right there pointing out my patches.

This is all the more reason to switch to Fentanyl patch to avoid withdrawals from another opiate so you can pass an employer's drug screen you know about in advance.
    That could really be dangerous advice depending on the level of opioid tolerance of the person who is going to take the urine test.
    Using fentanyl to avoid withdrawals for any reason doesn't make any medical sense. And someone taking a typical daily dosage of another opioid like oxycodone, morphine or hydrocodone would be risking a very serious potential overdose just slapping on a fentanyl patch to pass a drug test regardless of the strength of the Duragesic used.
    In addition, there is a long list of adverse reactions from other drugs when used at the same time as fentanyl including an antibiotic (erthromycin) which can contribute to fatal respiratory depression.
    You maybe should check out an information source such as blackboxrx.com before suggesting to someone something as inappropriate and possibly life-threatening as using fentanyl to beat an employer's urine test.

momentum is offline Banned Reason: BANNED FOR HAVING TWO ACCOUNTS AND SHILLING- MOMENTUM AND RPHENDER25 - BOTH ARE SAME USERS. USERNAMES BELONG TO THELEAPINGLEAF
    momentum will become famous soon enoughmomentum will become famous soon enoughmomentum will become famous soon enough

Probably already been answered. Suboxone will not show up in a drug test. It actually has to be specially tested at like a lab or something. Any normal piss test won't pick it up.

10. With fentanyl not being easily detected; is this because it is a synthetic opiate?

And yes, I was in a facility once and they had to order special tests for bupe. The standard 5 panel tests did not work for bupe.
    “Intolerance is evidence of impotence.”

QVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant future

Trust me, this is the only advice on the thread worth listening to, and it's from an expert, Boogani:
    ctually Burprenorphine is becoming more and more popular on instant immunoassay tests. Most manufactures offer this on their configurations. Methadone also is available. This doesn't mean that they have them but they definitely are available. the kits we sell are 12 panel and do include methadone but do not include BUP.

12. Agreed 100% -

Can confirm via personal experience that Sub does not show at all in current urinalysis testing. In order to detect Sub it would indeed need to go to the lab, or the test would have to be specifically designed to look for it, which they don't. A previous poster said there is one now. I haven't heard of it yet, but I don't doubt it. If there is it's going to be specialized and likely rather expensive, so anyone testing for employment, out on bond, on probation etc can rest assured Sub will not show. Nobody that does UA testing on such a frequent basis will pay for such an extensive test. In general you're looking at being tested for THC, Meth, Amphetamines, Opioids, and PCP (standard 5-panel). Synthetics (Oxy, Methadone etc) also will not show on these tests.

The one draw back of UA testing is they're highly flawed as they can and will display false positives. This has happened to me, and the person reviewing it simply took out a new cup, dumped the "wizz" from the old cup to the new, and the new cup turned up spotless.

They should all have a "control" indicator to detect anything someone may do to deflect the test (altered their specimen in some way). Usually the control line will not show up with a false positive, so you just have to hope for someone reasonable enough to grab a new one cup rather than sending it in to the "lab" where they'll find basically any metabolite...including Sub.

13. I think this suboxone is one of the drug test..

Yeah everything turned out fine.

It didn't turn up at all, not even a questionable reading.

Thank you guys.

And by the way, it was a Multi-panel do at home test, they never sent it.

You all saved me a lot of worry
    A year from now you may wish you had started today

I know for a FACT that suboxone WILL show up on a urine drug screen. Just last Tuesday, I used ONE of the suboxone strips for the FIRST TIME EVER. I had ran short on my pain medication by 2 days, and my appointment with the doctor wasnt until Thursday. Obviously, I know you're not supposed to take other peoples medicine. However, as many chronic pain patients know, that can sometimes be very difficult. At any rate, a friend of mine gave me a strip and told me that it would help me to make it through the 2 days until my appointment. BIG MISTAKE!!! After my routine urine screen, the nurse called me into the back and told me she couldnt write my meds until the suboxone was out of my system because it could be life threatening to mix it with my regular pain medications. I was told it has a very long half life of at least 72 hours. Luckily, my Monday morning it did not show up in the urine screen.

Obviously your pain management clinic is not using a standard 5 panel urine test.
    More and more pain management practices have greatly expanded the testing protocols to now include substances not previously tested for.
    You were fortunate that the office did not terminate your treatment.