NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1242 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Tested positive for oxycodone using synthetic urine

1. Default Tested positive for oxycodone using synthetic urine

I recently tested positive for oxycodone while using synthetic urine. This had happened one other time, and was sent to the lab for confirmation, which came back as a "false positive". Because of this prior experience, I requested it to be re-tested, which resulted in a confirmed "positive" test for oxycodone, this time. I don't understand how this happened, and as a result of my request to re-test, and because it came back positive I am being accused of "two" positive u.a.'s. How could this happen? I test 3 x a week and none of the tests before or after this one came back positive, I was told it was a very small amount, but, nonetheless, it was positive.

synthetic urine? really, like...how is it made? totally weird, Buck Rogers style...3xa week? really? are you fired?

G
    And if someone gave you a pile of gold, you'd probably complain that it was too heavy.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bluebean View Post
    I recently tested positive for oxycodone while using synthetic urine. This had happened one other time, and was sent to the lab for confirmation, which came back as a "false positive". Because of this prior experience, I requested it to be re-tested, which resulted in a confirmed "positive" test for oxycodone, this time. I don't understand how this happened, and as a result of my request to re-test, and because it came back positive I am being accused of "two" positive u.a.'s. How could this happen? I test 3 x a week and none of the tests before or after this one came back positive, I was told it was a very small amount, but, nonetheless, it was positive.
    Thats hard to believe, I'm not saying it didn't happen. Someone at the synthetic urine sales place must have a really weird sense of humor. Have you used this type product many times? You say this happen once before?? Same urine vendor?

You should use the sheep urine in the future and maybe get a new vendor.

QVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant future

Hmmm. Gas chromotagraphy/mass spectrometry does not lie. If it tested positive for trace amounts of oxycodone or metabolites, then there were trace amounts of oxycodone or metabolites in the urine.

Of course, you have implicated yourself as guilty just by using synthetic urine. So what were you really using?

Lemonhead has a spectacular aura aboutLemonhead has a spectacular aura aboutLemonhead has a spectacular aura aboutLemonhead has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebean View Post
    Wow, that is crazy! I understand the false positive, but to have it retested and it came back as being positive after being sent off is mind blowing! I really don't know much about synthetic urine, though! Sorry to hear of your troubles!

I have seen situations where a "synthetic" urine sample was sent to a lab for a re-test and reported back dirty because the GC/MS analysis determined that it was not an acceptable human urine sample (read: synthetic).
    More and more drug testing laboratories are now a step ahead of attempts to finesse a urinalysis.

QVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant future

@alumni That sounds about right. It would explain the re-test confirmation as dirty.

Synthetic urine would have all kinds of give-aways, such as pH, specific gravity and creatinine levels. The odor itself might even be different. GC/MS can break things down to the molecular level. It is not surprising that it detected something. The only question is, why decide arbitrarily on oxycodone instead of just explaining the synthetic urine as synthetic. Another interesting thing about the case: it's not explained why he is tested three times a week. Probationary testing doesn't occur that often, to my knowledge. Nor does the military. I wonder what it was related to.

i know that there are different ways to do these things but when you were preparing did you maybe have some on your hands. the whole operation has to be sterile.

SpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond repute
    SpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond repute
    @alumni, why wouldn't the lab just report the urine as fake?

No check box for that in their reporting databases yet?

Isn't saying there is oxy in urine when that is not the issue, illegal or at least wrong somehow?

incognito_techguy will become famous soon enoughincognito_techguy will become famous soon enoughincognito_techguy will become famous soon enough

wow i totally didn't know you you could buy fake urine or that there was a market for it. seems like it would be easier and cheaper to just get a clean friend to p**s in a bottle for you.

the fake urine works better because of temps and things like that. there is a whole system. you could use a friend but its more work and the friend might not be totally clean.

@islode What an excellent idea!! Something on the hands offers a brilliant, simple solution to how oxycodone or its metabolites got into the "synthetic" urine. Wish I had thought of that myself.

incognito_techguy will become famous soon enoughincognito_techguy will become famous soon enoughincognito_techguy will become famous soon enough

@islode wouldn't you still have the same problems with temps with the synthetic as real 100% grade A urine?

@incognito_techguy A lot of synthetic urine for sale is either microwaveable(usually a few minutes) or includes a warming pack(usually takes an hour) to bring it up to the normal temperature of urine. Not that i've bought any or anything. I prefer old-fashioned dilution method.

some of the kits are microwavable. real urine-results not guaranteed. you dont want to put too much on a public board but most cops already know, the real urine may cool down in the holder, so the fake pee seems to pass the test. personally, i would go with the friend and pray. the fake urine seems to be easier to manage. collecting a friend and trying to set someting up get complicated. i was a donor once and temp was a factor. they made the person retest, so that was nice.

16. Gee, you learn something new every day. Today I learned several ways to pass a pee test, and I learned the word "whizzinator."
    I feel so much smarter now. Thanks!

eh, i've never been in a position to have a test as most professional desk jockey jobs don't require it until you come in and fall down or something.

@islode & @ QVC1212 I always thought you had to be johnny on the spot with going in the cups, are people keeping microwaves in their cars these days before they go into the testing place? The warmers sound like chemical heat packs and I don't remember them staying anywhere near body temp, more like boiling.