NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 451 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: employment drug tests and suboxone

Spyderman is offline Banned Reason: User has multiple USERNAMEs and Has been banned before, vendor attempting to trick users as a consumer
    Spyderman will become famous soon enoughSpyderman will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by gitmein View Post
    I have a friend on Methadone many yrs. who drug tested for a job 2 mos. ago. He was directed to a Quest Diagnostics Lab facility (paid for by the potential employer to perform in his case an "8-50 Screen"/aka "CPT Code 80101x8" which did flag the Methadone metabolites in his urine. Quest contacted him 1st, BEFORE THE EMPLOYER, and simply to verify he was on it and ask for proof of prescribed/medical use which amounted to the LABEL off one of his take home bottles - by fax at that. That was the END of it and he got the job. The lab advised as it was "legitimately prescribed", they by law (HIPPA among others) CANNOT inform a employer/potential employer. At this point you're probably asking what the hell does this do for what I'm taking (suboxone). Well, he investigated w/the Quest Rep. further after producing his Meth script and they mentioned they STILL "have to follow.." the aforementioned law ..."for substances such as meth, suboxone...." etc. IF though you can't provide proof of legit subox script - they WILL notify just that way. If the latter is NOT the case I wouldn't stress any more. Anyway, sounds like you're about fixing your problems which is ADMIRABLE. MANY ARE NOT. YOU ARE. Take solice in this Bro, and Good luck. Life is hard enough these days.

See this is an "Older" thread, so to the OP...I really hope all has worked out by now....

BUT, my main reason for posting now, especially quoting the above, as there was just a recent discussion about whether the Testing facility can or does provide the "Actual Results" to the employer or not?

Basically, the premise of it was, hey even if it's legit, who wants everyone or whoever at your New Job knowing that your on Methadone.

That said, I think the above quoted post really spells this out nicely, and although I'm sure this is something that varies a little state to state, HIPPA is Federal, and so I think this would apply to most of us...(At least in the US..).

This post (Quoted one), basically confirms the same as recently discussed, Your "Positive" for ? Benzos ? you give proof TO THE TEST FACILITY, and all the company is told is that you passed....Period.

For once, laws in this arena working for you...ugh...lol..

All the best.....S
    Helpful Lynx4 Rated helpful

synthetikal is offline Banned Reason: Attempted selling through the forum; multiple accounts
    synthetikal has a spectacular aura aboutsynthetikal has a spectacular aura aboutsynthetikal has a spectacular aura aboutsynthetikal has a spectacular aura aboutsynthetikal has a spectacular aura about

Arrow spot

Quote Originally Posted by Meatmarch View Post
    do employment drug tests test for suboxone? i have heard most drug tests do not have a bupe portion.
    nice alias @Meatmarch lol, too funny. box or dose both have to be tested for separately, methadone/subxone, neither show as opiates, methadone is tested for in 9 or 10, suboxone ive only seen tested as 1 thing not part of a panel, only people im aware of that have been tested for it are people on the program other then that its invisible....like soma was up until this past year and im still kicking myself for not stockpiling (i know exactly how long that woulda lasted)

3. Quote Originally Posted by synthetikal View Post
    nice alias @Meatmarch lol, too funny. box or dose both have to be tested for separately, methadone/subxone, neither show as opiates, methadone is tested for in 9 or 10, suboxone ive only seen tested as 1 thing not part of a panel, only people im aware of that have been tested for it are people on the program other then that its invisible....like soma was up until this past year and im still kicking myself for not stockpiling (i know exactly how long that woulda lasted)
    This isn't entirely true. My pain doc has a 13 panel screen that tests for subutex, soma, and an array of other meds I can't remember.

Pharmacysleuth will become famous soon enoughPharmacysleuth will become famous soon enough

Post A test for suboxone

This is information on a test offered by Home Health Testing for suboxone. The test is definitely available but not as part of a usual profile. I don't know how well it works. The price seemed almost too cheap ($1.95).

Suboxone / Buprenorphine Drug Test - Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What drugs will show up on this test?

Drugs that contain buprenorphine will show up on this test. Among the most popular brands are Suboxone, Subutex, and Temgesic. These drugs are used to help those addicted to opiates/opioids, such as heroin, kick the habit. Buprenorphine-based drugs are used instead of methadone for this purpose with increasing frequency.

Q: Will oxycodone show up as positive on this test?

No, oxycodone will NOT show up as positive on this test. There are no drugs that cross-react with this test. It only picks up buprenorphine-based drugs (again, like Suboxone, Subutex, and Temgesic).

Q: Will methadone show up on a suboxone / buprenorphine drug test?

No, methadone will NOT show up as positive on this test. The only drugs that will show up as positive on this test include buprenorphine. Methadone does not include buprenorphine.

Q: Will suboxone / buprenorphine show up on other screens?

Buprenorphine based drugs like suboxone will not show up as positive on other screens. If someone has buprenorphine and buprenorphine alone in their system they will not show as positive for Opiates, Oxycodone, or Methadone. Buprenorphine will not interefere with those tests.
    Helpful cajunbulldog Rated helpful
    If you will it, it is no dream.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyfingers View Post
    This isn't entirely true. My pain doc has a 13 panel screen that tests for subutex, soma, and an array of other meds I can't remember.
    I too, have seen these. I have only seen them in pain clinics/doctors offices. I have yet to hear of anywhere doing a pre-employment test with these on them. The most I've seen personally is a 10 panel for employment.

6. Try a product called Quick Fix. It is synthetic urine (I hope at least) with a hand warmer and a thermo strip on the bottle. Used it over 5+ times for pre-employment tests. I have to order online but it can be found in big head shops in CA.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Buchanan35 View Post
    That is bullshit! I am on subutex b/c I had a major problem with roxys /any opiates. It might not officially count if you have a Rx, but trust me people look down on drug users even the ones getting treatment. My sister is on methadone (b/c her other option at the time was death). Just as she is TRYING to get her life back, she gets a job offer working for a local judge. Then the methadone shows up. Now, they knew they could't not give her the job b/c she had a Rx. So, they told her "It's up to you to decide" basically they were scared they would get sued. They went on to say..."Judges are public officials, so the community votes and we wouldn't want anything like this to come up in the campaign. So, she still doesn't have a job. I'm telling you it is a slippery slope!

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 17 minutes after the last post:*

The that bullshit lined was intended for the title of this thread "suboxone testing and employment or whatever"
    Thank you for your lively response, but as you can see from other respondents as well, you are incorrect in your assessment.

The standard employee panel does not test for bupe-based meds. In the future they may, but there is the matter of testing someone for a substance that is used to solve addiction in treatment, not cause it.

Most conventional drug tests are not likely to analyze for suboxone. I had to have one for pre employment while ago and I passed. They said nothing showed up. Since I am lawfully prescribed it it would not of mattered anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12