NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 325 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: employment drug tests and suboxone

Default employment drug tests and suboxone

do employment drug tests test for suboxone? i have heard most drug tests do not have a bupe portion.
    Like chera liked this post

In a lovely wooded area where the birds sing
    Lynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant future

I guess no one has answered because it hasn't happened to them yet.

Both of my daughters are drug tested every time they change jobs. They are only given the 5 panel, which will not show suboxone. Even if they used a 9 panel or checked for oxy and methadone (which have to be tested for separately) it's still not going to show sub.

I wouldn't worry about the suboxone unless you are going into the medical field. I don't think even the DOT tests for sub!
    Helpful Kris Rated helpful
    Like chera liked this post

Thanks, I didn't think they tested for it. I believe it is a special test that costs extra. I do know that po's now test for it. I had a friend go to jail for coming up dirty with it. It is too bad, he has a family and just couldn't stop, not even for his family. I guess WD from subs are some of the worst and longest. } feel bad for bomb but if it were my family I would take the suffering. Nothing is worth losing that.
    Like sk00t, Loubitan liked this post

dmp336 will become famous soon enoughdmp336 will become famous soon enoughdmp336 will become famous soon enough

Yes, there has to be a specific test that analyzes urine for buprenorphine. They used to be unheard of, but they are rapidly becoming more popular with the rise in suboxone use and abuse. They also have tests in development for the z-drugs like ambien and lunesta. They may even already be out there, along with the mephedrone, k2 spice, and all those other new crazy chemicals! If there's a chance of abuse, then more than likely they can and will find a test for it too!

LiquidOrgasm is offline Banned Reason: Attempted selling through the forum; multiple accounts
    LiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to behold

Drug tests (unless specifically requested) do not test for buprenorphine. Whether its 8 panel, 13 panel or 500 panel it won't test for it (again, unless specifically requested and its quite expensive) I wouldn't worry.
    Helpful Loubitan Rated helpful

6. Only apon request, like already said its quite pricey. I have my CLD class A and I get random test. Been taking subs over 3 years. Not one time did it show up. IM sure if I crashed and hurt someone then every test would be givin

7. I was also looking to know the answer to that as well considering I am on suboxone and am currently looking for a new job.. Damn this economy.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
    I was also looking to know the answer to that as well considering I am on suboxone and am currently looking for a new job.. Damn this economy.
    I have a friend on Methadone many yrs. who drug tested for a job 2 mos. ago. He was directed to a Quest Diagnostics Lab facility (paid for by the potential employer to perform in his case an "8-50 Screen"/aka "CPT Code 80101x8" which did flag the Methadone metabolites in his urine. Quest contacted him 1st, BEFORE THE EMPLOYER, and simply to verify he was on it and ask for proof of prescribed/medical use which amounted to the LABEL off one of his take home bottles - by fax at that. That was the END of it and he got the job. The lab advised as it was "legitimately prescribed", they by law (HIPPA among others) CANNOT inform a employer/potential employer. At this point you're probably asking what the hell does this do for what I'm taking (suboxone). Well, he investigated w/the Quest Rep. further after producing his Meth script and they mentioned they STILL "have to follow.." the aforementioned law ..."for substances such as meth, suboxone...." etc. IF though you can't provide proof of legit subox script - they WILL notify just that way. If the latter is NOT the case I wouldn't stress any more. Anyway, sounds like you're about fixing your problems which is ADMIRABLE. MANY ARE NOT. YOU ARE. Take solice in this Bro, and Good luck. Life is hard enough these days.
    Helpful Spyderman Rated helpful

OuTFiT69 is offline Banned Reason: Causing arguments and disgruntling members of the forum
    OuTFiT69 will become famous soon enough

This is a very old thread, it's a shame I couldn't have offered my assistance at an earlier time. I recently had to undergo a Drug test for work, a huge corporation that makes American Cars. They took our urine sample, and sent to the lab. I've been on Suboxone for many many years, I never wrote it down as a med I was taking, and I got the job. All in all, they didn't test for it. And like I said, this is one of the big 5, HUGE corp. It wasn't some cheap dipstick test. I have to take a drug test every month for my Bupe doctor, which tests for Bupe along with other substances. That is why I have a lot of clean piss, with only bupe, in my refrigerator, along with some heating pads, and a bottle with a temp guage

10. I get popped w/ a 13 panel drug test at my pain clinic just about every time. I has a spot for methadone, bupe, soma, oxycodone, and I can't remember what else. I think he may have custom made what drugs he put on the test

Here is link showing bupe in a different 13 panel.
    iCup 13 Panel Drug Screen - 13 Panel Home Drug Test [I-DOA-1137-011]

Quote Originally Posted by Meatmarch View Post
    do employment drug tests test for suboxone? i have heard most drug tests do not have a bupe portion.
    @Meatmarch - You can't get in trouble on an employment test for prescription drugs if you have a script. Are you taking self directed Subox?

OuTFiT69 is offline Banned Reason: Causing arguments and disgruntling members of the forum

@jimmyfingers That 13 panel drug test your pain clinic gives you is the exact drug test they give me at my Suboxone doctor. You can't use synthetic urine for these things, since your supposed to test positive for what your prescribed for. The only way I've been able to get around them, is get clean, and pee in a 2 liter Mountain Dew bottle, until it's full, and it put it in the refrigerator. After that is done, I'm able to use whatever substance I feel like. I then go and buy a one time "Synthetic Urine Kit" from a headshop for 20 bucks. It comes with a heating pad and cup with temp. guage. I use the same cup with temp guage over and over again, but always retest the temp status with water, microwave, and thermometer. Mine's been good for months now. You can also buy heating pads at Walmart, a pack of them for a few bucks, and their the same the kit comes with. This is how I've passed every drug screen at my Sub doctor, for a long time now. I had to fail many, before I realized exactly what they were testing for, and what they paid most attention too.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 7 minutes after the last post:*

One more thing, they used to NEVER test for Suboxone, because I used just the synthetic urine for a long time. It threw me off big time when they started using them, and I was questioned. If your running low on "good pee," you can go buy more synthetic urine, mix it with your "reserve pee" and shake it up good, so you have more to work with. At one point I had to go to the doc 2 times a week for Bupe and take drug tests, since I've gotten a new doc after mastering my technique, I only go once a month now, and I had to go every week for the first 4 weeks, every other week for the next 2, and it's been once a month since. This method is great, I always check right before I go in and make sure it's right at about 98%. I always turn the water on in the faucet when I first go in the bathroom, lot's of people do anyway to help them go. I also don't F around if I check the temp, it's 98 right before I go in, I tell them I just drank a bunch of coffee and need to pee NOW. Waiting too long can increase the temp, and it can be a real pain in the ass, and very stressfull, trying to raise and lower the temp of your pee while some nurse is waiting outside you. And make sure you don't spill it all over yourself or the floor. lol. That happened a loooong time ago, when I was on probation, young and dumb. That was a FAIL!!! Since my PO saw the urine just pour all over the floor, toilet seat, and pants like a waterfall.
    Last edited by OuTFiT69; 02-12-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    Helpful sinister Rated helpful

13. Quote Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
    I was also looking to know the answer to that as well considering I am on suboxone and am currently looking for a new job.. Damn this economy.
    MARO.. would like to know what happened. Never met you, but I care about you. I too am unemployed plus another problem too. Don't forget, no matter what you read here you're O.K. (BY LAW) if the Subox is taken via LEGIT prescription. If in your case it's NOT - your alternative seems to be: Get in LEGIT trestment ASAP AND OFF ASAP. Get with a support group as well, and most of all PRAY TO GOD FOR HIS HELP if you're addicted. If you do these things you'll come though with your Soul intact. This stuff, including Methadone, is a much tougher withdrawal than dope. Unemployment, even when transitory I know does NOTHING for self esteem on top of it all. People DO care about you. I hope you're coming through this. If you're still out there drop a sentence or 2...

The answer to testing for Suboxone reguarding employment manditory drug test is non-existant in my experience. And like I posted earlier, I took a test for a major corporation; corporate America at it's finest I believe the only people who test for Suboxone would be Pain Clinics, and offices where it's prescribed. Their is so much confusion about Suboxone among the drug testing community it's insane. A week ago I called a local drug testing facility and pretended worked in a doctor's office, I said something along the lines of "A couple weeks ago I forgot to put a patient's urine sample in the refrigerator after it was taken. I was so busy at the time when I took it from the patient, I placed it on a shelf right next to the refrigerator. The instant showed negative, his vitals were normal, so I didn't pay too much attention too it, and took care of some other patients. Well anyway's, his mother calls and is totally convinced he's up too no good, because she found some detox drink in his room, and think's he's beating the drug test's with these drinks. I said if that's the case, we should send the sample we took from him last week and send it to the sample to the lab, just to be sure. We talked for a bit, and both agreed that would be best because he won't be coming for another office visit for a couple of week, and we'll have results by then. Long story short, I realize that the urine sample was never put in the refrigerator, and been sitting in room temperator for around 2 weeks. I find it after I had this conversation with the patients concerned mother, and immediately put it in the refrigerator. Would the lab still be able to run that test, and see if their are any traces of chemicals in his urine, such as Suboxone, Xanax, Methadone, ect..." Just FYI guys, the guy from the testing company said the sample should stay good for up to 30 days at room temp. I'm telling you all this to save yourself some time and bullshit. Also wanted to note, if you use microwave to heat up clean urine, never heat longer than 10 seconds at a time, and give yourself plenty of time; never be in a hurry. I usually let mine drop to room temp, then use the microwave. You don't want the heat destroying anything you may need to be in there. The reason I say many drug testing companies are totally clueless about subxone, and it's testing, is because before I finally got a hold of the person I had the conversation with above, I talked to 4 different drug testing companies. I made up stories for each one, my first idea was, I am going to bring my old sample in, and make sure it still has Suboxone in it. I would pay to have them test it. Long story short, a lot of the people I talked too who worked for local companies weren't going to test just for that, because Suboxone is JUST LIKE Methadone and you can get high on Opiates while taking Suboxone. I've been on it for so long, I know damn near everything about it, just from experience. No one wanted to test just for Suboxone, and started giving me false facts about it's just like Methadone and you can get high on other opiates while taking it, blah blah blah, and! I ended up cutting several employees off, telling them, "You are wrong, this is how it is, go read a book." I couldn't believe how misinformed so many of them were. They do this for a living for God's sake. One employee told me it would show up under Opiates. I blew my cover for everyone except the last one, when I was just so fed up of hearing bullshit I had to tell them "Listen Moron...." I heard so much bullshit I just gave up trying to get my sample tested, and thought of a way to ask how long a sample would be good for without being in fridge if sent to lab.

By the way, a week later I used the same pee I had been using, which is around 3 months old, and the whole reason I had so many stupid conversations with different drug testing companies, and it still had traces of Suboxone in it. It's been in refrigerator 3/4 of the time, but I did accidently leave it out for 2 weeks, hell probably more like 3. Heat is what to watch out for. Smell can be nasty, but luckly my tests at my docs have that screw on cap eliminating odor, for my benefit of coarse.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 27 minutes after the last post:*

Also, note: Actually going to a drug testing facility to find out if Subxone was still in my old urine was a last resort. I had waited till the last minute. First I called all the local head shops, like The 420 Store, and all those kinds of places. The head shops sell many types of drug tests, I used to buy the stand alone benzo instant drug screen dip-test for $5 bucks a pop to be sure I didn't have any benzo's in me before I would take a test. They have stand-alone tests like the benzo one mentioned above, usually only run for 5 bucks, and they got multi-panel dipstick ones that costs more. I called every headshop around, and not one sold an instant for Suboxone. It's just not a common drug to test for, I guess. You can buy instant Suboxone drug screens online, but at that point in time, it wouldn't have made it to me in time before my appt. I also forgot to add to the post above, one idiot who worked at a drug testing company told me he would NEVER go on an instant, their totally unreliable. In my experience, they've been right on the dot. When I've been popped, it's because I took the substance. I've never had a false positive, they've always been incredibly accurate in my experience. I used to steal 20+ multi panel dip-stick's from a rehabilitation center when I was younger to figure out how long certaiin things would stay in my system. They always were right on point. The saliva one's are the one's to watch out for, they detect a lot longer than they say they do. It's very difficult to find reliable drug testing time frame information because eveyone is different, and so many factors contriubte to how long something will stay in you. I did test positive for pot on a salivia test once, probably a month+ after I had smoked it for the first time in 6 or so months. I'm talking one blunt. I passed the urine, I failed the Salivia, the doc's were confused.
    Last edited by OuTFiT69; 02-21-2012 at 11:05 AM.

15. Does anybody know if Ambien will show up on a drug test? I didn't think sleeping pills would show up because a lot of people are prescribed every year and if you take it to sleep it should be out of your system by the time you wake up right? I know when I take it for the "high" it only last a few hours then I feel back to normal so I figure it's already out of my system by the next morning. I've also heard it will show up as a false positive is there any truth to this?
    Last edited by lilpatbeatz; 02-22-2012 at 12:27 AM.

UGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant futureUGAgal has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by lilpatbeatz View Post
    Does anybody know if Ambien will show up on a drug test? I didn't think sleeping pills would show up because a lot of people are prescribed every year and if you take it to sleep it should be out of your system by the time you wake up right? I know when I take it for the "high" it only last a few hours then I feel back to normal so I figure it's already out of my system by the next morning. I've also heard it will show up as a false positive is there any truth to this?
    I have taken a drug test when going to new pm's last year and I take ambien every night and mine has never shown up or I have never been questioned about it and I have never listed with pm doc that I was taking it. Sorry I can only answer with my experience

@lilpatbeatz

My Bupe doctor once told me it did, only because we were on the subject of Ambien, and she told me people sometimes use it like a benzo. The way she said it though, seemed more like a scare tactic, even tho I've never been a fan of any kind of sleeping pills. I think she was bullshitting. I believe the answer is no to this. The best thing you can do, is what I do, when I have doubts, and need to know an answer for certain, go to directly to the source. yellowpages (dot) com , find local drug testing facilites, tell them you think your son, or whoever, is abusing Ambien. That you given them a drug test you bought from walmart, one with a lot of panel's, but nothing showed up positive. But you have reason to believe he is using it, because you found some in his room, and he claims that their his friends. That's how I go about finding information, reguarding drug testing ect.. I've never known them to test for Ambien. I know they test for Benzo's, but I don't believe Ambien is a Benzo, I'm not exactly sure what class of drug it would fall under. But call some local places, and find out, hell maybe they don't even have a test for it! Maybe they'll tell you it's a completely separate expensive test, and that would be good news for you, because if it's that exclusive it probably means your in the clear, and hardly ever tested for. But don't just call one place, call several, and if you get the same answers from them, then go with that information. My best guess is No, they do not test for Ambien, or Trazadone, Lunesta, or any type of sleeping pill. Good luck

No most standard drug tests are not going to test for suboxone. I had to take one for pre employment awhile ago and I passed. They said nothing showed up. It wouldn't of mattered anyway since I am legally prescribed it.

19. Today bupe does not show up on a standard test. There is talk of adding it, however, some time in the future. It was thought that bupe/sub was only used for treatment of opiod abuse, and therefore denying a job because of a positive could be considered discriminatory.

The real question is, are you on Sub because you are in treatment, in which case you have an RX or are you taking street Sub? If you have an Rx there is nothing to worry about regardless. If you are taking street sub, it might be time to go into treatment. Either way, unless the lab specifically asks for the expensive specific test for buprenorphine it will be a negative.

Buchanan35 is offline Banned Reason: Causing Arguments, creating one too many enemies, recreational drug user

That is bullshit! I am on subutex b/c I had a major problem with roxys /any opiates. It might not officially count if you have a Rx, but trust me people look down on drug users even the ones getting treatment. My sister is on methadone (b/c her other option at the time was death). Just as she is TRYING to get her life back, she gets a job offer working for a local judge. Then the methadone shows up. Now, they knew they could't not give her the job b/c she had a Rx. So, they told her "It's up to you to decide" basically they were scared they would get sued. They went on to say..."Judges are public officials, so the community votes and we wouldn't want anything like this to come up in the campaign. So, she still doesn't have a job. I'm telling you it is a slippery slope!

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 17 minutes after the last post:*

The that bullshit lined was intended for the title of this thread "suboxone testing and employment or whatever"
    Last edited by Buchanan35; 08-03-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast