NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 883 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: gabapentin shows up!

1. Default gabapentin shows up!

The first time i took my drug test he knew everything i was taking and how much of it. i was in in awe when he asked about the 2 gabapentins.

In a lovely wooded area where the birds sing
    Lynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant future

Yeah, my Lyrica shows up, which is basically a new and improved form of gabapentin. At pain clinics they test for all the meds that should be in your system, along with all the drugs that SHOULDN'T be in your system. When my test results come back they even have little graphs to show where I fall on the graph compared to industry standard for the amount I take. It's very interesting and I love looking at the tox report

3. is it worth it to trade my gabapentin scripts 1600mg 3x a day for a lyrica script? In other words gabapentin works great for me but if lyrica is stronger would you switch to lyrica? the pm clinic has a test that knows exactly the namebrand if your using oxycontin or oxycodone, if fentanyl is mylan or activiq, if it's norco or extracted hydrocodone. My advice for first time pain management make sure to tell the doctor everything you take!

In a lovely wooded area where the birds sing
    Lynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant future

@Turdy, I think it's worth it. With Lyrica you can take much smaller doses, get better benefits and less side effects. (I've tried both). The highest amount of Lyrica I was ever on was 300mgs a day and that's a lot. (100mg 3x a day). I usually take 75mgs 2-3 times a day. It works great at reducing inflammation in the joints and it helps with sleep also. Unfortunately I can't take it consistently because of an interaction with another med I take. So I take Lyrica as long as I can, take a 2 or 3 week break, then take it again.

I have to say that after taking Lyrica for so long, when my doc prescribed gabapentin (Neurontin) for me to try I really hated it. My stomach hurt and it wasn't doing the same job that Lyrica did for me.

Never hurts to try it you know? And you might be happy that you can take much smaller doses and achieve the same or better pain/inflammation control.