NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 400 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Does nubain show as opiate

1. Default Does nubain show as opiate

Does nubain show up as an opiate in a urine test. I have read several articles that say it doesnt. Anyone have any actual experience with this?

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by robincruise View Post
    Does nubain show up as an opiate in a urine test. I have read several articles that say it doesnt. Anyone have any actual experience with this?
    While I have no personal experience, this drug does NOT show up on any Opiate Screen I am aware of. Like Subutex, Suboxone or Stadol these are classified as narcotics but are NOT opiates. I wouldn't worry.
    Helpful cajunbulldog, LoveMyPups Rated helpful
    Like JJStal liked this post
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

Battlefield will become famous soon enough

Nubain had the same structure as oxymorphone but not opiates. You will not fail for an opiate on a UA test.
    Helpful orangekorange Rated helpful

This is an interesting thread to come across, as I have been trying to get off Nubain :/ Does Nubain show up as anything they'd screen for on a urine drug test (I realize we don't think it shows as an opiate)…?

orangekorange will become famous soon enoughorangekorange will become famous soon enoughorangekorange will become famous soon enough

it has been a LONGtime since I took nubain, but I know that it didn't show up for me in a standard test under opiates (((HOWEVER my dr. wanted to verify I was indeed taking it and was able to check the level of it in my blood.))) JJStal I wish you the very best in coming away from Nubain! ~orange
    Helpful JJStal Rated helpful

@orangekorange Thanks Do you know how long Nubain stays (in detectable amounts) in your system for by any chance (i.e. can be detected in the blood)?

orangekorange will become famous soon enoughorangekorange will become famous soon enoughorangekorange will become famous soon enough

JJStal no problem....happy to help if I can My doctor just had me give a urine sample. I know that (back then anyway) it didn't even show up as "a metabolite" or anything else, but he was able to get quantative amounts only because he knew what he was looking for. I totally wish ya the best. Nubain was supposed to be the best answer to my medical delimma....however I am happy to say doctors were really good to me as long as I was super upfront about how I was doing. If I remember correctly it took about 2 1/2 weeks of complete abstinence before I started testing clean.
    Helpful JJStal Rated helpful

sorry I wanted to add that taking a solid prescribed dose of desipramine (I think I spelled it right) twice a day really helped me come away from nubain...oh and yes it is detectable in blood plasma---however i do not know if they have (lab) has to know what to look for to find it. I guess that is the real question. I will ask my dR. next week and get back to you if you'de like.
    Like JJStal liked this post

Thanks @orangekorange Not many people seem to know much about Nubain- and even fewer have experience it, so any info is always helpful!

Hi everyone I just came across this thread again- it seems that it has been somewhat buried for about 3 months …

As many PR friends know,I am no longer taking Nubain , but I still wanted to offer my personal experience on this subject in case it aids someone in the future…

About a week prior to stopping Nubain, I decided start seeing my old primary care Dr.again and had to submit to a 7 panel drug test- to my knowledge, this is just standard protocol with their office if a patient has been away for over a year (I believe).

At this point, I had not yet stopped Nubain, and was concerned (like another poster or two on this thread) if it would show up. I had been regularly taking Nubain for quite some time, and had not yet begun to scale down the dosage. I believe I had my last (regular)dosage of Nubain at 11pm, and then underwent a 7 panel screening at 8am the following morning. My test came back negative on all areas. I can at least vouch that - in my experience-on a 7 panel test , Nubain does not appear to test positive. It definitely did not for me.

Feel as though I have to kind of add a disclaimer here- that I am in NO WAY recommending Nubain. I would actually really discourage anyone from touching it if they can, to be honest - I had a hell of a time getting off of it. It is a very tricky, odd med. As far as testing though, just wanted to provide what info I could.
    Helpful Cash, Allycat Rated helpful

11. Ok... THE ONLY DRUGS SCREENED FOR ON A STANDARD 5-PANEL UA VIA THE "OPIATE" TEST are the three most commonly abused opiates: codeine, morphine, and diacetyl-morphine (heroin). Its an easy test b/c all these drugs metabolize into morphine. BUT, big but here.. other opioids, especially if used in high dosages, may trigger a false positive. & I can guarantee you someone like a potential employer will not expend further cash to confirm or exclude a positive test; same goes for much of the U.S. probationary & judicial system.. And YES, eating a LOT of poppy seeds (i.e., poppy seed pie) WILL give you a false positive for roughly ~24 hours.

It is absolutely untrue that opiates/opioids other than those mentioned above will cause true opiate positives though. In extended tests, like 7 or 10 panel tests... opioids like hydrocodone, oxycodone, methadone, and/or sometimes even the atypical opioidergic drug tramadol are tested for. But nearly ALL opioidergics must be individually tested for as they have different metabolites. I realize your test for nalbuphine (Nubain) is probably over.. but i'd like to stress that the usual opioidergic drugs screened for in 7 or 10 panel tests are hydrocodone & oxycodone.... sometimes tramadol. Not nalbuphine. If its in a doctor-patient setting & you get a hit for "opiates" I would cry foul OVER & OVER again. continuously. They should perform a proper GC/MS analysis (which, will usually take anywhere from 1-4 days; sometimes longer if you live in a rural area). GC/MS analysis is the ONLY way to truly identify the existence a drug in urine.

HOWEVER
    All opiates & opioids (& atypicals like tramadol) can most certainly be tested for if their use is suspected. I am tested for (monthly): methadone, tramadol, hydrocodone, oxycodone, oxymorphone & hydrocodone, in addition to the typical "opiate screen". This is done by my doctor who prescribes buprenorphine (subutex formula, 4mg/day) due to past failed tests/suspicion (some fuuukking FIVE YEARS AGO!)
    The price of apathy is to be ruled by evil men. --Plato