NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 269 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Kratom to address Tramadol withdraw

Default Kratom to address Tramadol withdraw

Don't get me wrong,I love Trams and they help me operate at a higher level than I otherwise would be able. They also intermittently dominate my life when there's shortages.

Kratom has leveled me out during the last week while phasing Tramadol out of my system. When your base-level dose gets out of control, and habituation makes 400mg a day a distant memory, you have to get your shit together. I've gone cold turkey before, but Kratom, Man, makes it much easier. And, the Kratom I'm finding is much easier to kick.

If you need to kick Trams, Kratom may work for you. If you need to get your obligate levels under control, it may help you there, too.

Take care of yourselves, everyone.
    Helpful riv Rated helpful
    Like Rachizzle liked this post

Stevo2 is offline Honorable Member
    Stevo2 is a jewel in the roughStevo2 is a jewel in the roughStevo2 is a jewel in the roughStevo2 is a jewel in the roughStevo2 is a jewel in the roughStevo2 is a jewel in the roughStevo2 is a jewel in the roughStevo2 is a jewel in the roughStevo2 is a jewel in the rough

I've tried it, and it does so little for me, even in high doses. And, it's a nightmare to choke down! I've tried teas, orange juice, you name it, and it always is like eating/drinking dirt.

For those it helps and can choke it down - more power to you! For me personally, it was a bitter dead end

Take it easy, and good luck surviving the 'shortages'.

Nacura is offline Member

I'm sorry - I'm new to the forum but have been using Tramadol for years. I have severe migraines and Tramadol really helps with the sharp pains I get in the back of my head. I do, however, go through peaks and valleys, depending on my supply. I would much prefer to level out if possible. I've never heard of Kratom. What exactly is it? Is it another medication, or is it some sort of vitamin? Thank you in advance!

KarMar is offline Honorable Member
    KarMar has a spectacular aura aboutKarMar has a spectacular aura aboutKarMar has a spectacular aura aboutKarMar has a spectacular aura aboutKarMar has a spectacular aura aboutKarMar has a spectacular aura about

I was about to ask the same thing actually.
    My main concern would be which specific symptoms does Kratom address. Could it be a more natural pain reliever for migraines? Google doesn't really give me information from a personal point of view.

mmwright is offline Member

I'm On Day 3 Of Tram Withdrawals And So Far Kratom Has Been A Huge Help For Me. Takes Away 80% Of The Withdrawal Anxiety And Most Of The Stomach And Body Temp Issues. The Only Thing It Does Not Help Is Insomnia, But After 2 Nights Of Little To No Sleep I Slept For 6 Straight Hours Last Night. I Was Taking Up To 400Mg per Day When I Stopped. And It Had To Be Cold Turkey. I Couldn't Trust Myself With A Taper. 4 To 5 Grams Seems To work For Me, Taken When The Symptoms Become Too Much For Me.

Lynx4 is offline Eminent Member
    In a lovely wooded area where the birds sing
    Lynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant future

Kratom is a scary 'drug' that should be treated with the utmost respect. I have an older sister (late 50's) who has been hospitalized THREE times in the last 18 months for Kratom withdrawal. She takes the liquid version and says it gives her energy and it's not a narcotic and there's nothing wrong with it...blah blah blah. Let me tell you what's wrong with it. She lost her job of many years, she lost her house that she has been paying on for 21 years, she lost her car that was within months of being paid off and she is currently living with a daughter while her younger sisters pay rent to the daughter so that the daughter won't kick her out. She has lost everything at a time in her life when she should have been kicking back and enjoying it a little more. I hate that stuff and wish it had never shown up on the internet.

She took it to help her get off of Vicoden that was prescribed when she had a week's stay in the hospital for a pancreas problem. She got addicted after her doctor gave the vicoden to her for months, then she started ordering it online, then the online companies crashed so she was desperate and went to Kratom. We are trying to get her into a 10 day detox program but don't know if she will agree to it because we haven't talked to her about it yet. It's sad, useless and shouldn't have happened. She would have been better going cold turkey off of vicoden than taking more and more and more of the Kratom. I saw her when she was high on it. She stumbled, fell asleep in mid sentence, did stupid, scary things, totaled two cars in one week. It's not worth it.

If you want to take something to ease withdrawal, do what doctors prescribe. Take small doses of Ativan (1mg 2-3x a day for 2 weeks) along with clonidine and a medicine to help with your stomach (can't remember the name of it but promethazine would probably work or Zofran or any med like that). This is the prescribed withdrawal cocktail at the first pain clinic I went to years ago. They put me on it because I was getting sick from the new narcotic they put me on so they cleaned out my system and tried again (I was on Opana ER and IR, Ambien, Flexeril and Lyrica). It worked like a charm but it's important that you stop at the 2 week mark or you will become addicted to the Ativan.

Maybe Kratom is great for some people, but watching it destroy someone who had a great job, house, life, car, etc. and who is currently living off of money from me and another sister and physically living with her daughter is extremely upsetting and anxiety inducing.
    Last edited by Lynx4; 07-20-2013 at 07:05 AM. Reason: spelling
    Helpful alumni, sharonkemmer Rated helpful

cherryx is offline Honorable Member
    cherryx is a jewel in the roughcherryx is a jewel in the roughcherryx is a jewel in the roughcherryx is a jewel in the roughcherryx is a jewel in the roughcherryx is a jewel in the roughcherryx is a jewel in the roughcherryx is a jewel in the roughcherryx is a jewel in the rough

@Lynx4 I'm really sorry to hear all of that about your sister. Kratom does not ever make me stumble and nod off like that. It's really just a mild feeling, I wouldn't describe it as a high at all. I do not have much experience with the liquid versions, but from what I've seen available- it's basically kratom extract mixed with some alcohol and in some cases some other herbs... a dangerous combination for some people, and especially not good for everyday use. Good luck to you & I hope your sister gets some help asap.
    Like Bananabrains, sharonkemmer liked this post

Bananabrains is offline Eminent Member
    Bananabrains is a jewel in the roughBananabrains is a jewel in the roughBananabrains is a jewel in the roughBananabrains is a jewel in the roughBananabrains is a jewel in the roughBananabrains is a jewel in the roughBananabrains is a jewel in the rough

@DownTheRabbitHole
    I think it's great that kratom has helped you like that! Nothing like those nasty Tramadol withdrawals! I'm in the same group as @Stevo2 , it didn't do a whole lot for me... Bad quality? Not enough? IDK- but I would exercise caution with it as all other substances!

joeycoco is offline Member

I'm really interested in getting off of tram, and I'd like to try Kratom, but I have no idea where to start. I saw one site that had the different kinds for sale, and then within that, there are different amounts. I'd love to hear/know more about this drug.

Cash is offline Exalted Member
    Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by joeycoco View Post
    I'm really interested in getting off of tram, and I'd like to try Kratom, but I have no idea where to start. I saw one site that had the different kinds for sale, and then within that, there are different amounts. I'd love to hear/know more about this drug.

There are at least 3 different threads about kratom in this forum. Use the search function in the upoer right of the screen, search on the key word "kratom" and I think you'll find a plethora of information. Good luck.
    Like Sj2011 liked this post
    Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

emeraldoz is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by joeycoco View Post

I've sampled Kratom a few years ago, bought massive amounts directly from Indonesia. I was on a 4 x 20 Mg habit of Roxi's per day, high enough for the Kratom to have no effect.

Currently I have been drug free for 10 months - an antidepressant and Buspar (a joke). I have pretty bad anxiety and my due to certain current circumstances benzo's are out of the question. I decided to give Kratom another go and ordered 4 ounces of Bali powered Kratom last week. So far so good, I would say 10 Grams gives me the same feeling as maybe two Vicodin 7.5's except I get more of the opiate stimulation. It also gives me pretty decent anxiolytic effects. Like anything, habitation worries me, I could easily take this every day for the stimulation and anxiolytic properties. I'f I have to take a chemical everyday I would rather it be prescribed but I don't have that choice at the moment......