NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 2365 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: I have a drug test at 8 am and I have taken 1 500mg of Tetracycline could that cause a false positive?

1. Default I have a drug test at 8 am and I have taken 1 500mg of Tetracycline could that cause a false positive?

I had taken it around 1 pm
    Doctor has perscribed me to take it twice daily for acne.

SwayGirl has a spectacular aura aboutSwayGirl has a spectacular aura aboutSwayGirl has a spectacular aura aboutSwayGirl has a spectacular aura aboutSwayGirl has a spectacular aura aboutSwayGirl has a spectacular aura about

This shouldn't present a problem.
    Take your prescription with you.
    Just to make SURE there's no mistakes!
    There are some sites I have read that say, "Antibiotics: Certain antibiotics such as Penicillin and Tetracycline can cause false drug test passing results for heroin or cocaine."
    However these sites are ones that try to sell you those 'Detoxify' cleanse drinks, pills etc...
    This was found on..
    http://www.passing-drug-test.com/false-positive-drug-test.html
    There's more, I'll come back and edit when I find a FACTUAL article or site
    Heres another site with more info..
    http://www.drugalcohol-rehab.com/urine-drug-screening.htm
    Last edited by SwayGirl; 04-30-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Xtra urls
    [~SWAY~[
    _

Most routine drug tests just test on the presence of cannabinoids like marijuana, coccaine, amphetamines, opiates, and PCP. There are some antibiotics like quinolones that may give a false positive result for opiates but with tetracycline, there is no evidence of this producing a positive result, false or otherwise. Also, when a positive result is found on the initial screening test, they usually do a confirmatory one to identify and make sure that the substance is truly positive.

The best way to go about this is to bring your prescription of Tetracycline and advise them that you have taken this prior to your drug test.

Hope this helps.