Thread: Can I quit Wellbutrin XL cold turkey?

slick76 is offline Honorable Member
    slick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really nice

Default Can I quit Wellbutrin XL cold turkey?

I've been taking it since January and feel a lot better. Started at 150 and last two weeks been taking 300. I only took 150 yesterday and felt fine.
    Would it be OK to just take 150 every other day and the quit? I don't wanna pay $180 to see my doctor just for that...

Thanks!
    Helpful riverstyx Rated helpful

armesis is offline Senior Member
    armesis will become famous soon enougharmesis will become famous soon enougharmesis will become famous soon enougharmesis will become famous soon enough

I've quit Wellbutrin cold turkey and was just fine, but that is just me. I'd try it for a few days, and if you experience any symptoms, slowly start taking them again before weaning off. It always depends on the individual. They always recommend weaning off these types of antidepressents.
    Helpful riverstyx, slick76 Rated helpful

auburnfan123 is offline Honorable Member
    auburnfan123 has a spectacular aura aboutauburnfan123 has a spectacular aura aboutauburnfan123 has a spectacular aura aboutauburnfan123 has a spectacular aura aboutauburnfan123 has a spectacular aura about

I never had any trouble quiting anti-depressants but the doctors say that this is a BAD idea. Can cause many complications, not to mention you will want to smoke cigarette's,
    I had to stop taking them because of loss od sleep patterns. I would taper off, dont go cold turkey unless your absolutely must and even then

carman9876 is offline Member

Step down is always a good idea.

nj528 is offline Senior Member
    nj528 will become famous soon enoughnj528 will become famous soon enoughnj528 will become famous soon enoughnj528 will become famous soon enough

It's not dangerous to stop cold turkey, but it may be unpleasant. You haven't been on it all that long, so it might not be a big deal.

arcady59 is offline Member

Yeah, you may experience unpleasant withdrawal symptoms including: irritability, agitation, and dizziness, among others. I got that from emedtv.com.

Jewels2 is offline Member

I'd be very cautious. My husband went cold turkey and attempted suicide. You really should only taper off with the help of a doctor. Please be careful.

mthomas46 is offline Senior Member
    mthomas46 will become famous soon enoughmthomas46 will become famous soon enough

I don't know why anyone who was taking a depression medication, and who began to feel better, would then cease taking the medication without seeking a physician's advice beforehand. On the first hand, aren't you perhaps feeling better because of the effects of the medication? Secondly, you began taking the med under the guidance of a physician, so why would you take yourself off the med without guidance? It just doesn't make sense. It seems like you're asking for problems going that approach. Call your doctor, please.

realxsalo is offline Senior Member
    realxsalo will become famous soon enoughrealxsalo will become famous soon enough

I started to have side effects from wellbutrin. So I quited cold turkey and nithing serious happends. The only stuff that you cant quit cold turkey are benzodiazepines.

slick76 is offline Honorable Member
    slick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really niceslick76 is just really nice

Yes, it's possible to quit cold turkey. I went off last month just like that and nothing bad happened....except the dark cloud of depression descended upon me two days ago and I couldn't get out of bed and felt awful. Wellbutrin to the rescue....always works!

riverstyx is offline Banned Reason: Promoting a rival forum, spreading lies about this site
    riverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond repute
    riverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond reputeriverstyx has a reputation beyond repute
    @slick76: and, i hope u r feeling better today. let us know if ur depression is lifting. i am proud of u.
    sorry, a tad bit late on this.
    Helpful Keith K Stone Rated helpful