Thread: Bupropion in the morning and Zoloft at night?

Reese is offline Member

Default Bupropion in the morning and Zoloft at night?

I am currently taking Wellbutrin and Zoloft together, I also take Ambien to sleep...so when I wake up, I need coffee STAT to offset the Ambien fake sleep and then I take my W & Z...what I am wondering is if anyone has taken Zoloft at night and Wellbutrin in the morning and if so, how do they work for you?

I am finding that I am just kinda numb all day and I do not like this feeling.
    THANKS!
    Like 2005cbr, Carter liked this post

2005cbr is offline Distinguished Member
    2005cbr is a glorious beacon of light2005cbr is a glorious beacon of light2005cbr is a glorious beacon of light2005cbr is a glorious beacon of light2005cbr is a glorious beacon of light2005cbr is a glorious beacon of light2005cbr is a glorious beacon of light2005cbr is a glorious beacon of light2005cbr is a glorious beacon of light2005cbr is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe think about changing how many meds you take?
    I'm no doctor and personally take a shit ton of ambien to sleep, just saying maybe take less of what you're taking now.
    Wish you the best.
    Like Reese, Carter liked this post

WhatWeDoIsSecret is offline Distinguished Member
    WhatWeDoIsSecret is a glorious beacon of lightWhatWeDoIsSecret is a glorious beacon of lightWhatWeDoIsSecret is a glorious beacon of lightWhatWeDoIsSecret is a glorious beacon of lightWhatWeDoIsSecret is a glorious beacon of lightWhatWeDoIsSecret is a glorious beacon of lightWhatWeDoIsSecret is a glorious beacon of lightWhatWeDoIsSecret is a glorious beacon of lightWhatWeDoIsSecret is a glorious beacon of lightWhatWeDoIsSecret is a glorious beacon of lightWhatWeDoIsSecret is a glorious beacon of light

Hi @Reese,

Can't answer your question, but I have taken both drugs at separate times. Wellbutrin definitely gave me the numb feeling you described. The best way I could describe it was non-emotional detachment. Zoloft I found gave me overall relaxation and eased my social anxiety, but for the most part left my emotions intact (though it had its own issues, that's for sure).

I'm guessing the prescribing doctor told you to take them all at once like that? Have you brought up to him/her the idea of taking them at separate times? Zoloft at night not a bad idea, I remember it made me quite tired.

Cheers and good luck, sorry I could not be of more help.
    Like Reese, Carter liked this post
    Permanently retired from PR...

LeeAnn is offline Senior Member
    LeeAnn will become famous soon enoughLeeAnn will become famous soon enoughLeeAnn will become famous soon enoughLeeAnn will become famous soon enough

I took that combination for years, They were the only AD meds that ever worked even a little for me. I even lost a little weight. My shrink used to laugh and say I was well-oft. I used to take both in the morning because they both tended to rev me up so to speak. At the time she also had me taking .5 mg of klonopin 3x a day which was used to help me sleep I guess, but I don't remember sleeping much. Is there some reason the Zoloft is taken at night? I always thought it was a morning med.
    Helpful tony1981, Reese Rated helpful
    Like Carter liked this post

Reese is offline Member

Thanks so much, I have been changing up how I take them and things seem way better. I would wake up, take 300mg Wellbutrin, then 200 mg Zoloft followed by a double Americano and my Adderall XR! LOL Why was I so crabby all the time???????
    Like 2005cbr, keli_ liked this post

LeeAnn is offline Senior Member
    LeeAnn will become famous soon enoughLeeAnn will become famous soon enoughLeeAnn will become famous soon enoughLeeAnn will become famous soon enough

Wow, adding the Adderall XR would make me not crabby too. fun20 - Bupropion in the morning and Zoloft at night?
    Are you able to sleep at night?
    Like Carter liked this post

Polygraph is offline Senior Member
    Polygraph will become famous soon enoughPolygraph will become famous soon enoughPolygraph will become famous soon enoughPolygraph will become famous soon enough

I take Wellbutrin in the morning and ambien at night. The Wellbutrin (300mg) makes me jittery and gives me insomnia, but the problem I have had with SSRI's is that they make me sleep constantly and eat everything in sight. It never occurred to me to ask my doc if I could take an SSRI like Paxil along with Wellbutrin. I will see what he says. I read online that a moderate-to-severe reaction can between these drugs.... Risk of seizure?
    Like slick76 liked this post

tropist is offline Senior Member
    tropist will become famous soon enough

I really dont recommend mixing up SNRI's and SSRI's. The aim is to reach steady state. Consistency is the name of the game so you really want to be allowing your brain to become accustomed to the selective norepinphrine reuptake inhibition. It might be ok to spend several months on one and then add the other however.
    Helpful WhatWeDoIsSecret Rated helpful