NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 857 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F2F for Adderall

1. Quote Originally Posted by alumni View Post
    Yes, any physician with the necessary DEA license (not only psychiatrists) can prescribe Adderall but no "8 hour class" is required. You might be thinking about doctors who specifically treat addiction with Suboxone/Subutex.
    And Adderall is currently scheduled as a C-II substance
    Ok i stand corrected. I was going by what my PA told me because she cant write my prescription for adderall yet but the MD can. She said she has to go get the certificate in order to write the prescription for me and stated that she had to take a day class in order to get that. i must have heard her wrong, IDK but thanks for the correct info. the point is that MD's, PA's, and NP's can prescribe adderall not just psychiatrists.
    Like chera liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Myosin10 View Post
    Ok i stand corrected. I was going by what my PA told me because she cant write my prescription for adderall yet but the MD can. She said she has to go get the certificate in order to write the prescription for me and stated that she had to take a day class in order to get that. i must have heard her wrong, IDK but thanks for the correct info. the point is that MD's, PA's, and NP's can prescribe adderall not just psychiatrists.
    The regulations about Physicians Assistants' prescribing protocols are almost always promulgated by the state medical board where they practice. Their education and licensing requirements can vary from state to state and they are obviously different from those of medical doctors and osteopaths. Prescribing authority for Nurse Practioners is also different and usually more restrictive.
    I'm sure that's what your PA was referring to.

MNLady is just really niceMNLady is just really niceMNLady is just really niceMNLady is just really niceMNLady is just really niceMNLady is just really niceMNLady is just really niceMNLady is just really niceMNLady is just really niceMNLady is just really nice

I would like to repeat what alumni said. Adderall is current a DEA Schedule 2 medication, along with, I believe, all other ADD/ADHD medications like Ritalin, Stratera, etc.

I do not believe you will get Adderall with an online consult. I believe it might be hard to get with a standard F2F like is most commonly the case of the places mentioned on pharmacy watch boards like this one.

Being a FDA Schedule 2 medication means that the medication cannot have refills on it and cannot be filled by having a doctor calling or faxing in a script to your local pharmacy (requires an original paper script). Yes, any MD can prescribe Adderall (the assumption is they are legal to prescribe controlled medications and have an active and legitimate identification number with the DEA), not just psychiatrists. Psychologists, who do not possess a MD, cannot prescribe Adderall (or any other FDA Scheduled medication such as Schedule 4 benzodiazepines like Xanax).

Best of luck to you in your search to find the medical treatment most suited to your individual condition and struggles.

MNLady
    Like fish_bulb liked this post

dsteury is offline Banned Reason: Constantly Disgruntled user, offending and attacking other members of the forum.
    dsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by incognito_techguy View Post
    any recommendations for F2F or online consultations for refilling or prescribing Adderall? i see most places talk about pain relief but never other ailments
    You are going to have very good records that you have been prescribed adderall recently. If you haven't they will probly try one of the new ADHD drugs that are not CII.

Strattera is not a controlled substance. Psychologists cannot prescribe meds in California. I think with most Docs. it's hit or miss as far as likelihood of getting a certain prescription. I certainly would look for a new one if I went to one who wouldn't consider or prescribe for me. There are many many who will. Like someone said, don't go in and say "I want Adderall" Psychiatrists make me nervous and I usually get asked to come back "soon" LOL.

I have depression, ADHD, bi polar, - my Doc writes out 3 mos advance on 3 diff. presription forms, therefore I only have to see the Dr every 3 mos.

I get Adderall now because Ritalin was making me too skittish and I also let the Dr rit was more expensive.

6. Cool F2F Adderall

I am currently prescibed adderall 20 mg X3/day. The easiest way to get a prescription foe this medication is to go to a Phyc. doctor. That's the way I had my prescribed to me, you go in for a consultation wich is expensive if you do not have health insurance. But you just explain to the octor that you were diagnosed with ADD/ADHD when you were a younger kid and that you were prescribed afferall and most likley than not he will just ask you what dose was working for you and how many times a day youwere taking it for reliefe. After yoi get the first script from that doctor you should be able to go to your normal doctor with the records from the first doctor and more likely than not they will just give you the prescription. I don't even need to see my doctor hr just writes the script when I call for a refill and I just pick it up. using this type of method is your best bet because I don't think that you are able to get tat med with a phone consultation and you don't want to order from ******** because the price id rediculous and you never know what you will end up getting if anything.

7. Is Stratera an option that could be used on a "as-needed" basis? I have experience with Adderall which worked very well initially but then I started experiencing adverse effects. I'm trying to do some more research to find options that I could take strictly as needed, like xanax is used for anxiety, only for situational energy/focus help.

incognito_techguy will become famous soon enoughincognito_techguy will become famous soon enoughincognito_techguy will become famous soon enough

Stratera requires a build up up in your system like an SSRI to begin working. No instant gratification with Stratera

basehead will become famous soon enoughbasehead will become famous soon enoughbasehead will become famous soon enough

i think its moderately easy to get adderal/ritalin/whatever amphetamine from a psychiatrist. and yes, they are all controlled substances - even vyvanse.
    i was diagnosed with adhd at a young age but my parents didnt want me to take the medication. but after going to college and doing very shitty in every class, we took action and called up a random, house psychiatrist.
    we told her the situation, told her i was diagnosed like 15 years ago, and she simply just handed me a script of vyvanse. she says if it doesnt work well for you, than we can try some other amphetamine.
    tell your doc you were diagnosed and never took action

Agree with most of the above, not that difficult to get a prescription. Key is to act (or actually be) very honest with the doctor. I've found that by telling my pdoc that I have had bad experiences using other drugs (and have even used illegal substances on occasion) it created a trust that meant they were able to better prescribe the right drug for me. For example, people who smoke a lot of weed often respond to certain anti-depressants better than those who prefer cocaine. Illegal drugs work on our pleasure receptors in the same way that anti-depressants (and some ADD drugs do)...

11. I would go for a psychiatrist any day of the week. GPs are less apt to prescribe ADHD meds unless you can show them some really good diagnostic records. I know this from personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by deadgecko View Post
    I've found that by telling my pdoc that I have had bad experiences using other drugs (and have even used illegal substances on occasion) it created a trust that meant they were able to better prescribe the right drug for me. For example, people who smoke a lot of weed often respond to certain anti-depressants better than those who prefer cocaine. Illegal drugs work on our pleasure receptors in the same way that anti-depressants (and some ADD drugs do)...
    Good doctors understand self-medication and the root causes for it.

dsteury is offline Banned Reason: Constantly Disgruntled user, offending and attacking other members of the forum.
    dsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the rough

No F2F Doctor from any service is going to prescribe you adderall if you have not been scripted for the drug previously. You also will need well documented records of you ADD not just I think I got the symptoms. My advice to you is Adderall is nothing more than 15 mg. of Dexedrine which in days gone by you bought for a .05 per piece. We used to eat them by the hand full the best reaction I can remember is the kept you awake and if you took enough you could see Dogs running next to you car at 90 miles per hour. So in closing an this may be an infraction of the rules and if it is I'm sorry. But the planet is flooded with meth right now I promise you within 2 blocks of where you are there is a dealer snort some if your ADD or ADHD goes away then your cured.

fredw will become famous soon enough

This may be off the topic but those with adderall scripts are having a very hard getting them filled. There appears to be a tremendous shortage and many pharmacies are having a hard time even getting it in stock.

http://www.thefix.com/content/pay-at...a7004?page=all

ADHD Sufferers Fear An Adderall Shortage : NPR
    Last edited by fredw; 12-05-2011 at 02:44 AM.

15. If you qualify for Vyvanse's free meds program or have good insurance, people are switching to Vyvanse due to the Adderall shortage. Plus, doctors are more apt to prescribe this drug (similar to Adderall but extended release) because the way the pills are made you can't crush it and actually get "high" from snorting or injecting it.

That said, generic Ritalin is also a possibility and doesn't carry the Adderall stigma. You can get most strengths of generic Ritalin at Wal-Mart or Walgreens for $10. Adderall works better though, but if you want to ask for a med it would probably be better to say Ritalin.

16. Quote Originally Posted by dsteury View Post
    You are going to have very good records that you have been prescribed adderall recently. If you haven't they will probly try one of the new ADHD drugs that are not CII.

There are ADHD drugs not CII? Like what?

Modafinil?

@ambertch I did not write that post you memtion there are new drugs not CII on the market they advertise the hell out of them on TV. This doesn't mean they are any good but they are out there.

crucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond repute
    crucibelle has a reputation beyond reputecrucibelle has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by ambertch View Post
    There are ADHD drugs not CII? Like what?

Modafinil?
    Strattera is one (atomoxitine is the generic name).

oops.. just noticed that has already been mentioned in this thread.
    Like dsteury, chera liked this post
    True friends stab you in the front. -- Oscar Wilde

19. Quote Originally Posted by Shaeger View Post
    About 10 years ago (whenever I was in my last year of college...) I suddenly realized I was going to have to actually get my gpa to around a 3 if I wanted to keep going to school. I was fairly certain I was ADD, given that I couldn't go 3 minutes in class without losing complete focus (maybe it was the girls, it was college). Regardless, I just went to a local doc around campus, told him I was having trouble focusing in class. Wasn't a shady doctor, didn't ask me to see a shrink, just wrote the scrip and said it should help tremendously with class concentration. And, of course, it did, and I graduated with just over a 3.

My point is, so long as you don't appear to be a seeker and give a legit reason for needing adderall (without asking for it by name), most doctor's are fairly willing to prescribe it, if for no other reason than they know that means you'll be coming back every three months for years (and I'm sure there are a few that actually want you to overcome potential attention deficit problems as well). Good luck!
    When approaching this doctor, how did you bring up the subject without appearing to be a "seeker?" In a very similiar situation, in class (third year at a college university), I constantly multitask and cannot pay attention. When trying to do so, my span lasts shortly. A friend has given me one of his 20 mg IR adderalls, and of course, concentration was focused and easier. I suppose I do not have full blown ADD, but I do share some of the symptoms, losing yourself in your thoughts and then going off on a tangent. What I'm getting at, if I approach my doctor what do I say? It feels strange, I have friends with severe ADD and it was the other way around. Their Physicians, during their check-up, reccomended ADHD medication. My grades are decent, I study a lot, longer than I should due to multifarious means of procrastination, therefore I can't really support my arguement. Sigh*

20. when I first got my script it was after I had a chat with my teacher about not being able to focus in class and asking for extra assignments I could do during the lecture instead of just sitting there staring off into space. It was a longer chat but he suggested that I might have add, and when I approached my doc I mentioned that and the doc + my teacher talked and that I think really helped my case.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast