Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pain dr. in AL

MayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Pain dr. in AL

I'm looking for a F2F dr. in AL. I had one that was GA/AL and quit AL. Willing to drive to GA if they will fill script in AL.Anybody got suggestions?

New one in Atl doing the usual Roxi xanax madness if that is what your after. Search and you shall find. They take out of state and no PDM data base in Georgia yet. Need MRI within last 6 months and obviously only take cash and walk ins only.
    Helpful MayreeAngel2 Rated helpful

3. Any chance you could elaborate on which clinic in Atlanta? Thanks

4. dr. sullivan off of huffman road in birmingham
    Helpful MayreeAngel2 Rated helpful

MayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond reputeMayreeAngel2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by g04 View Post
    dr. sullivan off of huffman road in birmingham
    Can you elaborate on what he provides? What type of dr. do I expect? Birmingham in fantastic for me. I've been doing F2F with online company drs. Is he this type?

6. Quote Originally Posted by MayreeAngel View Post
    Can you elaborate on what he provides? What type of dr. do I expect? Birmingham in fantastic for me. I've been doing F2F with online company drs. Is he this type?
    he's an internal medicine doctor that specializes in addictions... very friendly and is willing to help those with severe pain problems and those with any addictions and will put them on a course for getting off of any dependencies. i have not had the pleasure of dealing with him but several very close friends have.

there is also another doctor in center point/trussville area that i'll find the name on from a friend later.

7. Default Alabama/Georgia

I bet you were using the same one as me. He stopped practicing in Alabama due to the medical board trying to take care of our health. Now, what do we do? He was more thorough than any other doctor I have had. He spent time with me and was quick to dismiss patients if they misused their medications or didn't follow the rules.

cajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant futurecajunbulldog has a brilliant future

From the American Academy of Pain Management

Jeremy Clark Barlow, MD
    Profession
    M.D.
    Specialities
    Anesthesiology
    Internal Medicine
    Membership
    Credentialed Member - Diplomate

Jon E Botts, DO
    Profession
    Doctor of Osteopathy
    Specialities
    Anesthesiology
    Membership
    Credentialed Member - Diplomate
    Contact details below:

Jeremy Clark Barlow, MD

Addresses
    Work Address (Preferred)
    410 1st Ave SE Ste 201
    Cullman, AL 35055-3452
    Phones
    Work Phone (Preferred): (256) 734-6227

Jon E Botts, DO

Addresses
    Work Address (Preferred)
    4322 Marquette Dr
    Mobile, AL 36608-1836
    Phones
    Work Phone (Preferred): (251) 432-4497

Good resource for Chronic pain patients: painfoundation.org
    Last edited by cajunbulldog; 06-29-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by helllo View Post
    I bet you were using the same one as me. He stopped practicing in Alabama due to the medical board trying to take care of our health. Now, what do we do? He was more thorough than any other doctor I have had. He spent time with me and was quick to dismiss patients if they misused their medications or didn't follow the rules.
    Yep, that's gonna be him. It was time for my refill & I had just had my annual F2F. He was precise & had a lot of rules but I followed them all. I just wish we'd been given some sort of notice or a last refill. I was stuck with no meds.

10. Quote Originally Posted by MayreeAngel View Post
    Yep, that's gonna be him. It was time for my refill & I had just had my annual F2F. He was precise & had a lot of rules but I followed them all. I just wish we'd been given some sort of notice or a last refill. I was stuck with no meds.
    What are you planning on doing? I have looked at pain clinics all over the place but don't know what to do or where to turn. The doc in Birmingham would not have treated us without them. Haven't found one yet.
    Last edited by tinmuning; 07-01-2011 at 07:05 AM. Reason: combined similar post by same member

I have no idea. I took a chance and ordered from a vendor I found here to help hold me over. I got lucky and got what I needed. Don't have a clue what to do long term. I keep hoping someone may steer me to someone. My problem now will be that all my records are with the former B'ham doc.
    Like Keith K Stone liked this post

12. Quote Originally Posted by MayreeAngel View Post
    I'm looking for a F2F dr. in AL. I had one that was GA/AL and quit AL. Willing to drive to GA if they will fill script in AL.Anybody got suggestions?
    MayreeAngel,
    I think you and I have used the same f2f that had to quit prescribing in AL. I did drive over to his office in GA to get one last script. If you ask him, he may refer you to another pain doc in AL and transfer your medical records. Good luck!

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 5 minutes after the last post:*

What are you planning on doing? I have looked at pain clinics all over the place but don't know what to do or where to turn. The doc in Birmingham would not have treated us without them. Haven't found one yet.
    Helllo, I think you and I shared a lot of info about our f2f experiences in AL over on DB.com. I was Browser over at the old DB. Glad I found some old friends here. . Did you go to his GA office for your last script? I did and it was easy, just had to drive 300 miles round trip. I am trying to get an appointment with a new f2f in AL now.
    Last edited by BrightDay; 07-13-2011 at 11:33 AM.

@BrightDay ....yes, I did belong to DB. I kept my same name
    I didnot go to the GA office. The day we got notice I was due for refill & out. I took a chance & bought BI meds to hold me. I figured if I had to lose a day from work & drive that long trip I might as well spend that $ on meds. I should call though so I can get my records. Did he refer you to a new Dr. in AL? I did like him and I think he tried hard to comply. So sad.
    Keep me up & let me know if you find a new F2F. At least for now the BI vendor I'm using is reliable. That way I don't have to miss work. Good luck to you. Please keep in touch.
    I'm regularly on this site. It's really been helpful.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 6 minutes after the last post:*

I must say I think what I liked most about him was that he honestly told us he had issues with the state & what he needed to cover himself & us.
    He also understood that I'd been on the same meds for 25 years & would suffer withdrawals if I did not have them. It was refreshing to have a dr. tell me he understood that point.
    Last edited by MayreeAngel2; 07-13-2011 at 12:22 PM.

14. Default F2F in Alabama

Hello
    Glad to talk with you again. Yes, I got my last script from GA, and had to drive almost 300 miles also, but I cannot find a face to face in Alabama. Have you been successful? I tried to send a PM, but I haven't posted enough to do so.

Hello
    Glad to talk with you again. Yes, I got my last script from GA, and had to drive almost 300 miles also, but I cannot find a face to face in Alabama. Have you been successful? I tried to send a PM, but I haven't posted enough to do so.
    No success with replacing him yet
    I'm still using a vendor I found on here.
    Doesn't look hopeful right now. I just keep crossing my fingers that this vendor stays reliable.
    I will post on here if I find one. I've tried contacting several people I've remained friends with that I've met while using F2F. No one seems to want to fool with AL. Must be tough.
    When you get enough posts, PM me. Altho, if you have enough time to read around in here you'll find a vendor to help. Just costs so much more Better than going without, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 996ttcab View Post
    New one in Atl doing the usual Roxi xanax madness if that is what your after. Search and you shall find. They take out of state and no PDM data base in Georgia yet. Need MRI within last 6 months and obviously only take cash and walk ins only.
    Questions...how bad does your mri have to be? I have some light shoulder damage around cuff and kneck pain but nothing shows on mri for it? What clinic is it in ATL?

I used the Bham Sull you were talking about...I got hooked on syrup by him and then oxys he tried to help me get off but wasnt very caring after he was the one that took me down the hydro road.......goodluck I wouldnt try sullivan unless you want hydro

17. If you get a paper script filled in Texas and live in Alabama, can the doctor call in the next refill to Alabama?

18. anyone know of a good face to face in IL? seems there all too scared am I right or not ? anygood ones anyone knows of ? I been looking and recordeds , keep working a hard physical job cause there are no openingsfor heart specicalists !!!

19. Quote Originally Posted by helllo View Post
    Hello
    @helllo , Yes I was successful but the doc will only accept new patients that are referred by another doctor. Our friend referred me so give him a call and ask him if he will send your medical records and Dr office notes.
    Last edited by BrightDay; 07-19-2011 at 09:34 PM.

20. Default new doc

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDay View Post
    @helllo , Yes I was successful but the doc will only accept new patients that are referred by another doctor. Our friend referred me so give him a call and ask him if he will send your medical records and Dr office notes.
    Hey BrightDay

Is the new doc the one our friend was referring his patients to? I got an appointment. Is he as good as our friend?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast