Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CASH ONLY PAIN DOCS in NJ

1. Default CASH ONLY PAIN DOCS in NJ

Hey Everyone! So basically I am here to ask my fellow PR peoples if you had anyone you would personally recommend? I am looking in the Mercer County area but would drive a little for a good doctor. The one place I CONFIRMED was going to help was in Delaware! I don't want to drive that far. (If anyone is down that way let me know!)

dingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to beholddingleberry is a splendid one to behold

You just gota Identify all the doctors in your area and ask the receptionist straight up do they do pain management do they use meds are you required to do invasive procedures etc. They are out there just frustrating as hell to find.
    Helpful Pi3r0 Rated helpful

3. You said it! I just hate wasting my time. I have a few I'm going to check out. Like I said the on in DE said they could definitely assist, so if anyone is down that way let me know! Anyone have someone in CNJ area. Send me a PM -

Calling is a good idea. I think this consigliere service is the way to go. I just don't want to hand him cash then him NOT help me out after a couple months. I guess I need to just give it a shot! Thanks man!! GL to everyone out there hurting!

By 'Cash only Pain Docs' your referring to pill mills correct? There closing down daily thankfully. What they have done to the CPP I don't think we will ever recover. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Street__Pharmacist View Post
    By 'Cash only Pain Docs' your referring to pill mills correct? There closing down daily thankfully. What they have done to the CPP I don't think we will ever recover. Thanks

Not everyone who needs to use a "cash only" pain clinic or pain doctor are seeking out a pill mill.

Many, many people neither have nor can afford health insurance and the cash only option is the only one they have to try and live a better quality of life.

There is no denying the true pill mills and painless addicts have wrecked havoc on the lives of the true CPP's but to label everyone who wants or needs to pay cash only as a drug seeker (ie: just looking for a quick script from a pill mill to sell or take for fun) is both unfair and incorrect.
    Like Pi3r0, johndoepoe liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Kexessa View Post
    Not everyone who needs to use a "cash only" pain clinic or pain doctor are seeking out a pill mill.

Many, many people neither have nor can afford health insurance and the cash only option is the only one they have to try and live a better quality of life.

There is no denying the true pill mills and painless addicts have wrecked havoc on the lives of the true CPP's but to label everyone who wants or needs to pay cash only as a drug seeker (ie: just looking for a quick script from a pill mill to sell or take for fun) is both unfair and incorrect.
    Fair enough Kexessa, please excuse me for being weary about somebody asking for just a 'Cash Only' doctor pain doctor given their reputation and the irreversible damage that they have done to the CP community. Maybe it's just me, but I've never met or heard of a respected PMD that ONLY accepts cash as payment. While I completely understand the complex health care issue facing so many people, I would be suspicious of anybody who does have insurance yet who insists on paying cash instead. Would you agree?
    And as for those who have no other option but to pay cash and who truly are just looking for help I apologize for the stereotype.
    Like Squelix liked this post

I would be suspicious of anybody who does have insurance yet who insists on paying cash instead. Would you agree?
    No, I wouldn't agree. We just recently were forced to acquire health insurance because of Obamacare and the "penalty" that will be imposed on those who don't have it.

We don't want health insurance, and we don't need it. You can read more about it in my post here if you're interested: Obamacare and problem with Drs taking cash

Even though we now have Blue Cross Blue Shield whatever little cards, we don't use it. I still pay cash. I will continue to pay cash until someone or something forces me to whip out my card and use it instead.

It's my money and it's my choice.

Aside from that, I like to think here at PR there is a presumption of innocence when members ask for cash only places, or ask for help with or for certain things. This is a non-judgmental community (for the most part). We are here to help one another, not point fingers, make assumptions nor assign blame.

Your apology to those innocents is appreciated. I won't debate 'pill mills' and their detrimental effect or the necessity of having cash only pain clinics for CPP's. I think the points are clear.

I'm also not trying to argue with you, only relate my opinion on the subjects at hand. This early on in your membership at PR is not the time to become weary of people asking for cash only pain doctors. You will see the question asked often. Save your weariness for later after you've read dozens of posts asking the same question, sometimes posted by the same person repeatedly.
    Helpful Pi3r0, IGoeOn, UGAgal, SpaceMatters Rated helpful
    Like Nosey Wife liked this post

8. Default No Health Insurance -

Correct I have no health insurance and most place won't accept you I have legitimate CP. 3 herniated discs impinging on the spinal canal and moderate stenosis. I also have a disc effacing the thecal sac and have pain in my back all the way down to my feet. So please respect that this was asked to find a compassionate doctor that would take a CPP on a cash basis. They are not all "Pill Mills". I don't use my medications to get high, I take/took the lowest possible dose to function. The doctor tried to put me on stronger medications I refused and am now looking for a new one! Please don't judge me. Thank you!
    Helpful UGAgal Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Pi3r0 View Post
    C 3 herniated discs impinging on the spinal canal and moderate stenosis. I also have a disc effacing the thecal sac and have pain in my back all the way down to my feet.
    I don't know how far away from you this place is, but they take cash.

New Jersey Spine And Pain Institute Bayonne, NJ, 07002 - YP.com
    Helpful Squelix, johndoepoe, Pi3r0 Rated helpful

ChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond reputeChillyCat has a reputation beyond repute

a 'Cash Only' doctor pain doctor .

Nothing like the sound of a cash register's drawer, opening and closing
    like sale time at Walmart

Just gives ya that warm and fuzzy feeling (don't it?)
    ★FOR RENT★ advertising space available here ★FOR RENT★

Quote Originally Posted by Kexessa View Post
    No, I wouldn't agree. We just recently were forced to acquire health insurance because of Obamacare and the "penalty" that will be imposed on those who don't have it.

What penalty is this you speak off? Oh you mean the 'tax'

To each and his own; There are 2 things I don't debate, religion and politics. I think this thread has pretty much run its course nobody is looking for an argument.

And I appreciate the heads up: From now on I'll know better then to criticize those who are looking for a cash only route especially when it comes to PM. I suffer daily due to those who have absolutely destroyed PM, its reputation, and its 'tools of the trade'. So pardon my pre-conceived notions.
    Like dingleberry liked this post

What penalty is this you speak off? Oh you mean the 'tax'

To each and his own; There are 2 things I don't debate, religion and politics. I think this thread has pretty much run its course nobody is looking for an argument.

And I appreciate the heads up: From now on I'll know better then to criticize those who are looking for a cash only route especially when it comes to PM. I suffer daily due to those who have absolutely destroyed PM, its reputation, and its 'tools of the trade'. So pardon my pre-conceived notions.
    I understand how you feel. On a forum like this many statements can be taken wrong or misunderstood. (I speak from experience).

I agree about Obama care, but that is another subject.

There are a lot of different people with different situations on a forum like this.
    However, after being on DB for years this forum is pretty good and informative. I spent years on DB and only had a little over 30 post. I like this place much better.

I sympathize with all chronic pain patients rather you use insurance or pay cash. May everyone find the relief they need.
    Like dingleberry, Pi3r0 liked this post

13. Thank you everyone for the helpful information. Appreciate the link Kexessa! He is a little too far for me. I am closer to South Jersey. I appreciate you taking the time to search. I think Berry has the right approach, call and confirm. I just don't have the time, energy or money to waste! I've been a pin cushion for too long with no relief then once I lost insurance and couldn't do anymore expensive treatments I was treated MUCH differently, so I left, once I thought I found a compassionate Doctor but we all know how that goes....

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 25 minutes after the last post:*

I forgot to mention this in my previous post BUT has anyone looked into Concierge medicine? I thought I saw it in a PR Forum awhile back. I spoke with one of these doctors few months back, the fee is a little high but he did seem willing to help. I was worried I would pay him and possibly he helps me for a couple months then drops me. I found a local one about 15 minutes from me. I am keeping that as a last resort but would love to hear of anyone with a good experience with this type of IMO expensive service. It would be invaluable at this point and I guess worth it! Again thanks guys!

I hope everyone is safe in DE, NJ and NYC after Sandy!
    Last edited by Pi3r0; 11-06-2012 at 09:53 PM.

14. I know a few pain management drs that are pretty generous in NJ. You need decent medical records though. PM me if you want there names, I don't want to post them on here.
    Like Pi3r0, Littleness liked this post

15. Cash only pain clinics are pretty much the standard IME and have been to numerous pain docs since I moved quite a bit. I have also 'consulted/interviewed' a whole hosts of doctors so I know a little bit about navigating the PM world. Sometimes it takes going from doc to doc until you find one you click with.

The places that do accept insurance tend to want to do everything but prescribe meds. Their goal is to get you med free. IMO, they know you have insurance so they stand to make a shit load of money running tests, doing procedures, injections, etc.

They usually have a large staff/office with many doctors and physical therapists running around. This isn't automatically a bad thing as their are people they can help depending on the diagnosis.

At the minimal, you will need an extremely recent MRI and previous records/script history.

16. As much as a pain in the ass it is, going to a methadone clinic for pain medication is a bit cheaper than going to a pain management dr. Also, after a few months of clean urines you go less and less til eventually you only have to go once or twice a month. Its also a great pain killers, though it does have a ton of other issues with it.
    Like Pi3r0 liked this post

17. @ FAPJACK I am going to send you a PM now. THANK YOU in advance!

18. Quote Originally Posted by fapjack View Post
    As much as a pain in the ass it is, going to a methadone clinic for pain medication is a bit cheaper than going to a pain management dr. Also, after a few months of clean urines you go less and less til eventually you only have to go once or twice a month. Its also a great pain killers, though it does have a ton of other issues with it.
    I really have a low tolerance for pain medication. I always refused stronger meds for the simple fact I didn't want to build a tolerance. I take enough to make it bearable and to keep my tolerance as low as possible!

19. Sent a PM FAP - Thanks Bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by fapjack View Post
    I know a few pain management drs that are pretty generous in NJ. You need decent medical records though. PM me if you want there names, I don't want to post them on here.

20. Fapjack could you Pm me the drs names too. I am sick of getting of getting stuck with needles that dont work and then they bill my insurance company thousands for "surgery. And I have a high deductable so I am paying hundreds anyway. The last prick doctor I had, I owed him like 40 dollars. He wouldnt see me anymore, because I was late sometimes paying my deductable. He made a lot off my insurance, thousands, yet he is worried about my lousy forty bucks. He didnt talk to me of course, I learned this from his reseptionist. I begged her to ask him to prescribe me a couple of painkillers untill I found another doctor. His reply was to take a couple of tylenol. I would like to name him here to warn people but I dont know if that is allowed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast