Thread: Grey 100mg Morphine?

Twiddles is offline Senior Member
    Twiddles will become famous soon enoughTwiddles will become famous soon enough

Default Grey 100mg Morphine?

Hello all,

I have a problem. A friend of mine told me that he had been prescribed Grey100mg Morphine pills.

I have seen different 100's before such as the blue pills and the kadian but I have never seen a grey one.

I asked him for the imprints and all that was on the pill was "100"

Have any of you seen one of these?

Thanks.
    -Chyle2009
    A year from now you may wish you had started today

intolt is offline Member

Is he getting them from a pharmacy, or online? Makes no sense I know, but I associate grey with being bogus. I'm sure there are legit grey pills.....

996ttcab is offline Honorable Member
    996ttcab has a spectacular aura about996ttcab has a spectacular aura about996ttcab has a spectacular aura about996ttcab has a spectacular aura about996ttcab has a spectacular aura about996ttcab has a spectacular aura about

Just curious why that is a problem for you. I think I have seen a pill I'd site where you can input medication and it gives you every manufacturer and a description of their medication. Try and google. Ask opiopheboard on morphine as there are a lot of morphine users there.

Should say ABG or PF on other side if it us what I think it may be. PF 100 is MS contin and it appears grey in colour.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 4 minutes after the last post:*

Did work for you. Here are pictures and descriptions of all morphine products.

Morphine - Pill Identifier | Drugs.com
    Last edited by 996ttcab; 05-06-2011 at 12:17 PM.

alumni is offline Exalted Member
    alumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond repute
    alumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond repute
    The description sounds like a 100mg Morphgesic SR which is a sustained release formulation of morphine sulfate marketed in the UK.
    You should take a look at the pharmer.org web site for confirmation before anyone ingests it.

gibs0n is offline Member

Malinkrodt makes gray 100mg extended/sustained released morphines. If this was the case the imprint should be a boxed M on one side and "100" on the other.

bigbillybear is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by gibs0n View Post
    Malinkrodt makes gray 100mg extended/sustained released morphines. If this was the case the imprint should be a boxed M on one side and "100" on the other.
    These are the ones that I currently am on now.. They are legit..

BBB

alumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond repute
    alumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond reputealumni has a reputation beyond repute
    However, the pill originally described did not have the "M" imprint. Only "100."

jumpstart is offline Member
    jumpstart is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by alumni View Post
    However, the pill originally described did not have the "M" imprint. Only "100."
    With just a 100 on it the pills could be anything, as a rule of thumb in my book unless the pill has an identifiable stamp I will not take it or purchase it. My smart phone has been a life saver for me of not getting ripped off. With the amount of sites indexed dealing with pill stampings just a simple google search of the pill stamp will usually bring me right to the correct pill.

Quote Originally Posted by alumni View Post
    The description sounds like a 100mg Morphgesic SR which is a sustained release formulation of morphine sulfate marketed in the UK.
    You should take a look at the pharmer.org web site for confirmation before anyone ingests it.
    Waldo- If you use your "pill ID" powers, I believe you will find that this is the drug originally described although I definitely agree with your concern about taking anything when you are not absolutely sure about what it contains.

nwoh is offline Honorable Member
    nwoh is a glorious beacon of lightnwoh is a glorious beacon of lightnwoh is a glorious beacon of lightnwoh is a glorious beacon of lightnwoh is a glorious beacon of lightnwoh is a glorious beacon of lightnwoh is a glorious beacon of lightnwoh is a glorious beacon of lightnwoh is a glorious beacon of lightnwoh is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by gibs0n View Post
    Yes, this is correct - I was prescribed the same MMK 100mg ER Morphine Sulphate.... I believe MMK's brand is MS-Contin.

If they are as stated above, kind of a bluish-grey, round, distinct capital 'M' in a box on one side, 100 on the other. White on inside, turns to a big nasty booger of binder when chewed...

Looks exactly like the purple MMK 30mg ones and the blue 15mg ones... Just... 100 instead, and grey...

EDIT: After re-reading thread, I believe there may be a grey one with ONLY the 100 on it... not as 'good' looking as the MMK, but I believe it is Purepac... I do remember them having a similar purple 30mg one with only the 30 on one side?

This is just my probably faltered memory but... I do believe these exist.

BUT - I WOULD NOT TAKE ANYTHING IF I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS
    AND YOU SHOULDN'T TAKE ANYTHING UNLESS IT IS RX'ed FOR YOU! ;-)

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 5 minutes after the last post:*

Quote Originally Posted by 996ttcab View Post
    Just curious why that is a problem for you. I think I have seen a pill I'd site where you can input medication and it gives you every manufacturer and a description of their medication. Try and google. Ask opiopheboard on morphine as there are a lot of morphine users there.

Should say ABG or PF on other side if it us what I think it may be. PF 100 is MS contin and it appears grey in colour.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 4 minutes after the last post:*

Did work for you. Here are pictures and descriptions of all morphine products.

Morphine - Pill Identifier | Drugs.com
    There are quite a few on there, but I am positive that is not ALL morphine products.(ORAL)
    There are few there I have not seen or taken before, but there are also some that I did not see there that I have seen and taken.
    Last edited by nwoh; 05-10-2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: ADDED ORAL

bigbillybear is offline Member

Yeah the ones I have are 100 with an M or 100 with an ABG all on opposite sides of the number is on... I dont recall having a 100 without any writing on it... The grey color was on both I described...

BBB