Thread: roxicodone10 compared to vicodin 10

1. Default roxicodone10 compared to vicodin 10

Was just prescribed roxy10's for severe lower back pain. Never had these
    before. Taken lots of T w/codeine #4 and vicodin 10's. How do roxys
    compare? Thanks for any help.

I think they only make 15 and 30 mgs of the Roxis. You might of gotten a generic 10 mg oxycodone. But to answer your question 10 mg of oxycodone is a decently stronger than 10 mg of hydrocodone. I feel that oxycodone is much more stimulating and way better for pain but withdrawls from it are awful.
    Like justlilmi, Binky liked this post

jrobs is offline Banned Reason: An alias of someone we have banned several times already (= Barbital)
    jrobs has a spectacular aura aboutjrobs has a spectacular aura aboutjrobs has a spectacular aura aboutjrobs has a spectacular aura aboutjrobs has a spectacular aura aboutjrobs has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like percocet to me. What color is it and are there any numbers on it for you to cross reference it. Because oxycondone do only come in 15 and 30's. Hope this helps.
    Like Binky liked this post

4. 10mgs of hydro = 6mgs of oxy.

Roxicodone is sold in a 5mg dose as well as 15mg and 30mg.
    I've never seen a 10mg Roxicodone pill.
    Helpful Lynx4 Rated helpful
    Like justlilmi liked this post

6. Prescription states roxycodone #10. Small pink tab says R56. What they are
    is percoset #10 sans tylenol. So the 10mg vic=6mg oxy sounds and feels
    like it's in the ballpark. Thanks for your responses. Any further info greatly
    appreciated.

7. there is 10 mg of oxycodone. Its good and same as Perc 10 but I would add a tylenol or IB pro to the 10mg to help with pain.

Quote Originally Posted by alumni View Post
    Roxicodone is sold in a 5mg dose as well as 15mg and 30mg.
    I've never seen a 10mg Roxicodone pill.
    KVK pharma makes IR oxycodone in 5, 10, 15, 20 & 30mg generics.

although the 20mg are HARD to find at any pharmacies.

Quote Originally Posted by BobBitchin View Post
    Prescription states roxycodone #10. Small pink tab says R56. What they are
    is percoset #10 sans tylenol. So the 10mg vic=6mg oxy sounds and feels
    like it's in the ballpark. Thanks for your responses. Any further info greatly
    appreciated.
    The indication "#10" on a prescription is meant to indicate that there are 10 pills being dispensed.
    I don't believe that there is a Roxicodone tablet made that is pink.
    Also, the imprint R56 is use for codeine/APAP meds and is not a pink pill.
    Where did these pills come from? Sounds odd.

tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    tinmuning has a reputation beyond reputetinmuning has a reputation beyond repute
    I came across a chart where prescription painkillers are compared. Vicodin scored less compared to Oxycodone HCl (which is the generic drug for Roxicodone) in terms of pain relief.
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful

justlilmi will become famous soon enough

My pain management doc has me on oxycodone 5mg. I was taking Percocet 5mg, but the aspirin in them made me sick so he switched me to the oxycodones(roxys) which don't have aspirin in them. I get much better pain relief from the Oxycodones! I hope this helps.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 10 minutes after the last post:*

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino236 View Post
    I think they only make 15 and 30 mgs of the Roxis. You might of gotten a generic 10 mg oxycodone. But to answer your question 10 mg of oxycodone is a decently stronger than 10 mg of hydrocodone. I feel that oxycodone is much more stimulating and way better for pain but withdrawls from it are awful.
    I always run short each month and yes the withdrawals are terrible! That's why I feel so great about finding this site, because I have to take more than the doc prescribes because of my tolerance and I desperately need advice on finding a legit online pharmacy. To get meds to help me until I can get my next months script. Sorry for rambling.lol..
    Last edited by justlilmi; 08-13-2011 at 05:12 AM. Reason: I typed the same sentence twice.

In a lovely wooded area where the birds sing
    Lynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant future

@justlilmi , have you talked to your doctor about increasing your medicine? I started on the 5mg OxyIRs, which is what you are taking now, and I never made it the full month without running out. The bottle said I could take 1 to 2 every 4-6 hours. My doctor expected them to last the whole month which meant I could take 3 a day and that was it. I told him on the 2nd month that 5mgs didn't help at all so I took 10mgs at a time and evened it out by not taking any on some days. That way I never had to call in for an early refill. They knew I ran out and some months I would run out a week early. I never had any withdrawals from it, just increased pain when I ran out.

I guess it was about 4 months after he gave me the 5mgs that he upped them to 15 mgs oxyIR.

He upped the dosage because I was in a lot of pain. I was going to physical therapy and it was really tough. Since I was in PT for 4 months he has kept my dosage at 15mgs 3x a day after I finished PT because it would be hard to go back to 5 mgs. Maybe you could tell him that your pain makes it hard for you to get through the month on the amount you're given and let him decide whether to increase it or not? Just a thought. I would think as long as you phrase it like the pain is too bad to make it and you don't come right out and say "increase my meds because they aren't working" that he would at least think about it.

dsteury is offline Banned Reason: Constantly Disgruntled user, offending and attacking other members of the forum.
    dsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the roughdsteury is a jewel in the rough

Default Codine Combos

Roxy's always worked for me buy they do not seem to last as long as oral Peracet. This could be just me. but I've tried them both and the Roxy are the best.

[QUOTE=Lynx4;93462] @justlilmi , have you talked to your doctor about increasing your medicine? I started on the 5mg OxyIRs, which is what you are taking now, and I never made it the full month without running out. The bottle said I could take 1 to 2 every 4-6 hours. My doctor expected them to last the whole month which meant I could take 3 a day and that was it. I told him on the 2nd month that 5mgs didn't help at all so I took 10mgs at a time and evened it out by not taking any on some days. That way I never had to call in for an early refill. They knew I ran out and some months I would run out a week early. I never had any withdrawals from it, just increased pain when I ran out.

I guess it was about 4 months after he gave me the 5mgs that he upped them to 15 mgs oxyIR.

@Lynx4 , sorry it's taken me this long to respond. I have been really stressed lately. One reason is I'm about to run out of meds again! I hadn't thought of asking him to increase the dosage. That would make a lot of sense. He asked me had I been giving them away I said "No sir I swear"
    He did give me a script but for not as many and it was a week later before the pharmacy would even refill it. I live somewhat in the country so it's not like the city where I guess its easy to come by people who sell them.
    I had been buying some from a family member when I ran out, but he was ripping me off.I would be embarrassed to tell how much I have to pay for 10 or so percs from him. I am definitely going to ask him to increase the dosage. He can be really intimidating, but I will just have to stand my ground. If he says no, I don't know what I will do. I've made up my mind the family member isn't getting another dollar from me though!

Thank you again

15. I have a compression fracture of L2 and degenerative scoliosis. I have tried PT, TENS, yoga, you name it. 10 mg. hydrocodone is all that helps and my pain management doctor prescribes 4 pills a day. Sometimes that's not sufficient but my doctor says I take more pain medicine than most of his patients. It seems like there are a few members who also need more. I don't think he will give me more. Any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by justlilmi View Post
    He did give me a script but for not as many and it was a week later before the pharmacy would even refill it. I live somewhat in the country so it's not like the city where I guess its easy to come by people who sell them.
    Would you mind saying why your pharmacy made you wait a week before they would fill this prescription?
    In some states that delay in time would have voided the validity of the script.
    Was it an insurance issue?
    No problem if you would rather not share this information but, unless the delay was because you didn't want to personally pay for the medicine, it is very unusual for a pharmacy to do this.
    Like Keith K Stone liked this post

In a lovely wooded area where the birds sing
    Lynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant future

Most states would void the prescription if you didn't fill it within 3 days. I think, though, if you give them the prescription and they keep it until it's filled a week later that you'd be okay. I don't know. Whenever my doctor writes a prescription and hands it to me I can fill it right then.

Did you already have a prescription of the same med and had a week before you could fill another script of it? If the pharmacy just outright refused to fill a valid prescription I'd call my doctor immediately or I'd take the prescription back and go fill it somewhere else.

I had one instance when a pharmacy went out of business and transferred all of their prescriptions to another pharmacy. I went in to pick up my prescription and they told me I already had (conveniently, on the same day the first pharmacy transferred all the scripts to them). I stood my ground, told her I filled my scripts once a month, she said they had everyone's signature from when you sign for your scripts and I said Great, get them out. Then she backed down and said it would take weeks to find mine. We talked for 30 minutes because I wasn't leaving. I told her to call my doctor or whoever she wanted to but it was 8:00 pm. Finally she said she'd fill it outside of my insurance and didn't even change the number of refills I had left. It was for a benzo and I wasn't going to go through withdrawal for 2 weeks because someone at another pharmacy that was closing filled my script and took it.

What happened in your case? Like Alumni said, you don't have to answer if it's TMI but just curious if it was something like my case.

I no longer let pharmacists intimidate me. My doctor is very open about the fact that if I have a problem just call him and he'll fix it for me. It's great that the doctor has my back in these matters since pharmacies do make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by alumni View Post
    Would you mind saying why your pharmacy made you wait a week before they would fill this prescription?
    In some states that delay in time would have voided the validity of the script.
    Was it an insurance issue?
    No problem if you would rather not share this information but, unless the delay was because you didn't want to personally pay for the medicine, it is very unusual for a pharmacy to do this.
    @alumni , no I don't mind at all answering your question. The pharmacist said that I should still have some left from the previous script and that it would be against the law to fill it any earlier. Believe me I asked if it had anything to do with insurance and they said no. It didn't make any sense to me either,because my dr wrote it on the 5th and I thought for sure they would fill it. Maybe I should have gone to another pharmacy. You think?
    Helpful Keith K Stone Rated helpful

That's bullshit and, yes, you could have taken it to another pharmacy. Any time a pharmacist over-rides a doctor's appropriate orders, he is overstepping his authority.
    Another solution would have been to just have the pharmacist call your doctor to confirm the timing of the script.
    Either approach would be far better and cheaper than buying pills from members of your family or anyone else.