NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 893 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Opana

1. Quote Originally Posted by justlilmi View Post
    Hi, just wanted to know a little more about Opana. Would it have any effects in an opiate tolerant person? If not Opana could someone recommend something similar to Percocet? Please feel free to PM me. Any advice would be very much appreciated! :

K
    Yes Opana is an Opiate Oxymorphone , it is a strong opiate used similiar to Oxycontin in that it has a Time Release mechanism, ive had some before and they are quite good. Similarites to Percocet are Roxicodone which is just plain oxycodone (same drug in percocet but without the acetominophen) and it comes in 15 and 30mg doses , these are excellent instant release pain killers. There is also Hydrocodone commonly know as Lortab and Vicodin.
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful

Just my opinion on Opana. Back in the early 70's, I had Dr's that prescribed "Numorphan" 5mg. blue tabs. They were awesome! My drug of choice eventually became Dilaudid 4mg. Numorphan had a lot of heat esp.in Vegas. Years later, Opana was introduced in IR and ER versions. I have never had it. Though, I did get Levo-Dromoran (by Roche)Levo-Dro as we called it and it not only was a good pain killer but very euphoric. This may be an alternative for OC's and Opana????

I can't stress enough how careful you must be with Opana. It's a sneaky med and is much, much stronger than you might think if not taken orally. I had a scare with it recently and am much more cautious.
    Helpful akl63 Rated helpful

SWIGRx is offline Banned Reason: Selling through the forums
    opana is the only legal opiod/opiate that still kicks my @$$ everytime. and for the opiate naive, DO NOT attempt to take Opana. opana is reserved for the [extremely] opiate tolerant CPP's for a reason.
    Last edited by SWIGRx; 09-28-2011 at 01:48 AM. Reason: i stand corrected
    Helpful Nickel Rated helpful

The Opana 40mg ER uses the TimerX, which is way harder to diffuse than the current OP formula.

For me I just stick a 40 whole in water for 12 hours. Then take a 1/4 of it and get a 10mg IR dose. And have 3 doses left over for the next couple days.

With an OP you can get around it pretty easy with normal items. If you want to break down the TimerX without waiting, you'd have to use chemicals and evaporation. Which isn't even safe most likely.

btw I am extremely tolerant of opiates. I could take 200mg of oxycodone and be fine. So don't even think about taking Opana or breaking one down if you haven't been constantly taking opiates for an extended period.
    Helpful Nickel, SWIGRx Rated helpful

Cranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by SWIGRx View Post
    opana is the only legal opiod/opiate that still kicks my @$$ everytime. its too bad they are going the way of the OC's. by that i mean they are going to be using the new "skittle" ER mechanism like the OP's in the new Opana ER's. stock up while you can. and for the opiate naive, DO NOT attempt to take Opana. opana is reserved for the [extremely] opiate tolerant CPP's for a reason.
    @chemicalchart & @SWIGRx
    Is Opana the next step up for those who have developed a high tolerance to Oxycodone. What kinds of illness/ conditions are these prescribed for? I have 24/7 chronic pain but my doctor is very conservative unless I have a complication of some sort. Thanks for your help.
    ~You are fearfully and wonderfully made.~

SWIGRx is offline Banned Reason: Selling through the forums
    @akl63 i stand corrected. ive never tried to beat the time release on opana, but i thought it was just a coating like the OC's. but you know better i suppose.

@Diamond22 it is a PK prescribed to manage round the clock pain. it isnt exactly a step up from oxycodone. the 40mg opana is roughly equal to 80mg Oxy. it is an option for CPP's. dosages range from 5-40mg in the ER formulation

source and further reading:
    Opana ER (Oxymorphone Hydrochloride Extended Release) Drug Information: User Reviews, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Dosage at RxList
    Helpful vytis drakona, Cranberry Rated helpful

Cranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud ofCranberry has much to be proud of

@SWIGRx Thanks for the info. You don't have to tell me your medical condition but how did you get it prescribed to you? I have endometriosis and several surgeries. I have to live with it, but I'm in constant pain. Any tips? On a side note my ex was born and raised in Chicago. He taught me it's a dog eat dog world.
    ~You are fearfully and wonderfully made.~

LiquidOrgasm is offline Banned Reason: Attempted selling through the forum; multiple accounts
    LiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to behold

Exclamation Bioavailability

Quote Originally Posted by QVC1212 View Post
    Unfortunately, I've built up quite a bit of tolerance over the past few years. It's all but impossible to get "high" from it anymore, because long before that effect kicks in I get all the side effects like intolerable itchiness all over.

When I was in pain after I injured my eye severely, I took some roxis and they helped quite a bit. I also had a couple of opanas that two different friends sent me. I noticed almost no difference with the opanas. Oxymorphone is supposed to be considerably more potent than oxycodone, and so it should have helped a lot more to alleviate the pain, but in my experience there wasn't much of a difference.

I know the literature doesn't support it, but I found hydromorphone (dilaudid) to be a lot more effective for painkilling. I would choose that over opana any day.
    Dilaudid is only good when used via IV, bioavailability orally or intra nasal is like 6 percent, IV is 98%.
    Helpful nelladeandill Rated helpful

According to pain management texts, hydromorphone's bioavailability ranges widely from patient to patient. It can be anything from 10-60% (which I found surprising, as I'd always heard it had very low bioavailability).

Quote Originally Posted by SWIGRx View Post
    @akl63 i stand corrected. ive never tried to beat the time release on opana, but i thought it was just a coating like the OC's. but you know better i suppose.

@Diamond22 it is a PK prescribed to manage round the clock pain. it isnt exactly a step up from oxycodone. the 40mg opana is roughly equal to 80mg Oxy. it is an option for CPP's. dosages range from 5-40mg in the ER formulation

source and further reading:
    Opana ER (Oxymorphone Hydrochloride Extended Release) Drug Information: User Reviews, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Dosage at RxList
    Yea the TimerX used on the Opana is by far the most sophisticated time release used on any pill. They spent lots of money and time developing it. Most likely becasue IV opana is about the best feeling you could ever desire.

With the OCs (OPs) its actually pretty easy. SHave it with a cheese grater. Microwave for 5 minutes and then freeze. Yea you might still get a little Of the gel part left. But its effectiveness has been destroyed after being burnt then froze. I've snorted a couple like this and its just like doing an old OC80, but there is way less powder to snort. The other way would be to stick it in a EmergenC drink mix packet. Which is full of a all sorts of acids that will break down the gel release after 4 hours. Then drink it.
    Last edited by akl63; 09-28-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: TEnses are all screwy
    Helpful SWIGRx Rated helpful

12. I have been prescibed Opana for the past couple years. It really takes finding the right doctor and going thru the other meds and finding reasons NOT to use them. Sooner or later they wil get to Opana. It works Great on pain. The time realease is trickey, they tell you if you take it with food you will not get as much relief so you have to take it 1 hour before a meal or several hours after. Also they warn if you take it with alchohol you may get a huge release of the med.
    Helpful Nickel, Squelix Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Brozovichb View Post
    Also they warn if you take it with alchohol you may get a huge release of the med.
    This is one warning to take seriously.
    Helpful Squelix Rated helpful

QVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant future

@akl63 Microwave followed by freezing to defeat the time-release? Quite ingenious. How did you figure out that out?

@LiquidOrgasm I know the literature supports the idea that dilaudid is so much more potent via IV, and I believe it, but the literature also supports that opana is more potent than dilaudid oral, and for the latter, my experience has been that opana doesn't work nearly as well as the oral dilaudid. It goes against the literature, but occasionally the literature is wrong.
    Like LiquidOrgasm liked this post

@QVC1212
    [quote=QVC1212;116637] @akl63 Microwave followed by freezing to defeat the time-release? Quite ingenious. How did you figure out that out?[quote=QVC1212;116637]

The internet is a very useful place. Personally I just like throwing one in EmergenC mix, (or something similar with a lot of acids like your stomach) for a couple hours, then drinking half. Or the whole one if I really need it. With the OPs getting cheaper I got into ordering those a lot.

I really don't like taking an extended release pill. I like to take painkillers just once a day, for tolerance reasons mostly. The second dose in a day never seams to work as well. And just knowing that I'm constantly having opiates released into my system by one of those OPs is something I'd like to avoid. Especially when after 3 days on 'em I can already feel they aren't working as well.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 4 minutes after the last post:*

Quote Originally Posted by Brozovichb View Post
    Also they warn if you take it with alchohol you may get a huge release of the med.
    Yea when taken orally alcohol has been shown to take the BA from 10% up to as much as 86%. And 86% is huge, almost = to that of IV administration.

I've done experiments taking one drink and a 5mg oral dose, the alcohol definitely changes the way you process the med. Not just an additive effect, it made it WAY stronger. At least 5 fold IMO. Which can be dangerous if you don't know what you're getting into.
    Last edited by akl63; 09-29-2011 at 09:35 PM.
    Helpful nelladeandill Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by akl63 View Post

With the OCs (OPs) its actually pretty easy. SHave it with a cheese grater. Microwave for 5 minutes and then freeze. Yea you might still get a little Of the gel part left. But its effectiveness has been destroyed after being burnt then froze. I've snorted a couple like this and its just like doing an old OC80, but there is way less powder to snort. The other way would be to stick it in a EmergenC drink mix packet. Which is full of a all sorts of acids that will break down the gel release after 4 hours. Then drink it.
    And people wonder why scheduled drugs are so highly regulated. Whenever I get a prescription it usually says "take as directed." The pharmacist doesn't put a cook book in the bag.

I wouldn't even have to think of things like this, if when I paid $350 a visit to the doctor if I could get a script that would last me a month. Or even 3 weeks. Instead of 45 Norcos or 45 Oxy15s.

My doctor knows I'd been taking 6 Norcos a day for months, but somehow just rights me a script that will last 8 days. Then if I need more, go see him again and pay the $350 again.

Then I end up on internet forums trying to figure out a way to do it cheaper.
    Like nelladeandill liked this post

LiquidOrgasm is offline Banned Reason: Attempted selling through the forum; multiple accounts
    LiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to behold

I thought regular Opana was IR (given for break through pain), then they made Opana ER that had the time release.
    Last edited by LiquidOrgasm; 09-29-2011 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Just tossing this in there, I had 16mg IV Hydromorphone and it was like touching god.

You're correct @LiquidOrgasm ,
    It comes in 5mgIR and I think even 10mgIR, then 20s,30s,40s ER and maybe 15s ER as well.
    I was speaking of the 40mg ER acquired through the SY sites. And what I did to turn one 40mgER into 4x10mgIR's to save some money, and not have to have oxymorphone being released into my system for 12 hours straight. Because 40mg can be a lot of oxymorphone if used in ways to try to increase the oral ba (alcohol method for one). With those I can actually get my money's worth out of a 40mg pill. 4 days for one pill, where as with any other pill that would be impossible for me. Maybe a 200mg MSContin(Morphine Sulfate), could last me a couple days as well, never seen one of those though.

16mg IV Hydromorphone would be 8-10mg IV Opana, both very strong doses. Towards 200mg oxycodone.With daily use, tolernace can build so quick its not as crazy as it seems. If you do that to yourself, better wait at least a week before trying other opiates. Nothing will work, unless taking huge doses, or fentanyl (maybe dope). But dilaudid and opana are a lot stronger mg to mg than dope.

For me taking 10mg Opana daily (with alcohol method), after I could take 90mg of oxy and not even notice at all. Usually taking a low dose I can at least notice I took something. After the Opana, 30 minutes later it didn't even occur to me I'd taken the oxy. My tolerance was ruined again for a little over a week. After a 10mg Opana dose with the alcohol method = approximately 172mg Oxycodone I wasn't touching god or anything, just very sedated, very comfortable and wouldn't dream of moving. NO pain if someone punched me in the face I think.
    Last edited by akl63; 09-30-2011 at 04:07 AM.
    Helpful Nickel Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Mercc96 View Post
    Is opana preferable over oxy?
    I find it kills pain better without messing up my head. Given a choice, I'd choose O*ana for chronic pain relief.
    Like akl63 liked this post
    Each day, try to leave the world a better place than you found it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast