NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 803 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opana

I would too, except it causes such extreme tolerance for me. I can never step down to more normal strength meds after a period using it. Which can be scary.

I definitely feel Opana in my body, where Oxy I feel it more in my head.
    Like depthoffield liked this post

2. I have used opiods for over 15 years now and am currently using Opana ER, Opana IR and Norco 10. I have had to stop cold turkey mant times over the last 15 years but honestly NOTHING compares to stopping Opana cold turkey. This was by FAR the worst withdrawals I have ever had, tramadol barely helped. It relieved some but you will still suffer. This stuff is powerful....

Besides methadone and maybe fentanyl, opana has gotta be the worst to quit abruptly. No wonder tramadol wouldn't help. Somewhat similar to quitting heroin, only other thing I could compare it too.

4. Opana is something that my insurance WILL NOT COVER, even after letters directly from my Chronic Pain Dr..... and, it isnt cheap either, I think 90 10mgIR were 600 dollars or more.....still less than street.... but with Fentanyl 100's every 48 hours for pain, and 180 roxicet 30's, I am more than open to the idea of finding ANOTHER WAY??? Does anyone have any IDEAS at all???? Oh, btw, my condition, Asceptic Femoral Necrotic R Hip/femoral head/neck, and my Sciatic nerve is only operating at between 3-8%....which began with feeling like 220 was running from my ass to my foot...then after much medication/titration, we ended up in 3 years, going from 10/325 PERC x 180, to OC-40, then 60's for a year, then 80's for 9 months...and I ended up with an idiopathic foot, that I am slowly losing, bc I cannot find a competent surgeon as yet, on state insurance in AZ, and in NO WAY WILL I GIVE UP MY PCP DOC, he is the BEST!!! Just weary of Opana, bc he KNOWS I CANT PAY FOR IT ALL!!!!!! Probably 1200+ a mo. just for IR and ER to get off this Fent!! It helps more than even OC-OP....but its time for a breakthru med SWITCH!!!!! anyway, this is me..... Just asking for some mail, or ideas, or help......HELP! lol!!!
    Like nelladeandill liked this post

They are $30 per 40mgER the only place you will find them.
    Like laura85, Aliceinwonderland liked this post

urbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Brozovichb View Post
    I have used opiods for over 15 years now and am currently using Opana ER, Opana IR and Norco 10. I have had to stop cold turkey mant times over the last 15 years but honestly NOTHING compares to stopping Opana cold turkey. This was by FAR the worst withdrawals I have ever had, tramadol barely helped. It relieved some but you will still suffer. This stuff is powerful....
    you really must be super careful when stopping cold turkey, because this can send you into cardiac arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by akl63 View Post
    Besides methadone and maybe fentanyl, opana has gotta be the worst to quit abruptly. No wonder tramadol wouldn't help. Somewhat similar to quitting heroin, only other thing I could compare it too.
    it absolutely is. i was on it for over 2 years and going back to lortabs almost seemed a waste, it took me a good 2 months to get over the withdrawl symptoms

@urbaneve Would you mind disclosing why it was prescribed for 2 years?

urbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the roughurbaneve is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy1965 View Post
    i was on on opana 40mg along with hydrocodone 10, soma and i realized that was way too much so i dialed it back myself. i titrated my medication down. now i am on 30 mgs of ms con and it seems to do the trick
    Like nola liked this post

9. Default Opana ER

I'm on OPANA ER 40 TID and it's not good orally. You build tolerance quick but it kills the pain regardless, not as euphoric as OXY but definitely the best pain killer and best when snorted.

nola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to beholdnola is a splendid one to behold

@pallmall,WE DONT TALK LIKE THAT IN OPEN FORUM FRIEND.PLEASE USE YOUR NOODLE! welcome ,and save that talk for PM and restricted area.

heckstar will become famous soon enough

@Mercc96
    Opana (oxymorphone) is about twice as strong as oxycontin. Its usefulness as a pain reliever is also about the same as oxy, but only requires half as much. If you are looking to get high off of opana the euphoria is about the same as oxycontin but obviously you need less to get the same effect. But i have found opana to be very very addictive and know multiple people who spend thousands a week on it. So with any opiate you must be extremely careful.

12. RE: ZUVUYa4 - Hello - I see you are in Arizona. I also reside in Arizona and have chronic pain from RSD and Lupus. Have seen the same pain mngmt. doctor for over 15 years however he is retiring. Just wondering if you would share the name of your pain doctor? Thanks for your help -

Quote Originally Posted by cv2006 View Post
    @shsn hydromorphone is Dilaudid. Opana is oxymorphone.
    I found Opana to have a sensation unlike any other opiate, and to me it was MUCH stronger than roxy. Like when I would be able to handle taking a few 30mg roxy in a 2 hr period, I tried Opana for the first time and 10mg knocked me out. I was sick for 1.5 days. So I guess it affects everyone differently. But I found it to be MUCH stronger than roxy, but nowhere near as much euphoria as roxy. The effectiveness of the pain relief is where I found Opana to be much stronger, but if someone wants their pain meds to also provide a lot of euphoria than Opana doesn't even compare to roxy. Still I prefer Opana because I look for the least expensive way to deal with my pain. Unfortunately I can't help anyone with sources, and even if I could it's a Schedule 2 med so I wouldn't break forum rules even if I knew which direction to point you in. I hope I helped a little though. Good luck with whatever you decide!
    I totally agree! Opana is a way better pain reliever than a roxi and it doesn't mess w/ you head. So it is against the rules to post source info for hydromorphone (dilaudid)? I guess I get the schedule thing mixed up & don't usually know the difference until I read it in someone's post ;-)
    Each day, try to leave the world a better place than you found it.

14. It really depends on the person. I personally think 10mg of opana esp. with a beer is equally as strong if not stronger then a whole 80mg OC. Alot of people i know it is to strong for them and even after taking 5mg have vomited and felt nausious but if your a chronic pain patient that has been dealing with opiates for a while it is a welcome option. It has dealt with my back pain better then anything I have tried. Definitely worth speaking to your doctor about.
    Like Divinity liked this post

i will tell you it was a b*^ch getting off opana... it was the worst. i was delusional, paranoid, cold sweats for days, pain like never before..... ill pass on that i even told my PM doc that i do not want that ever again unless we have exhausted every other resorce

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 2 minutes after the last post:*

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy1965 View Post
    i am SO sorry... i mis read your question...

the reason i was on it was due to a car accident. i have terrible migraines and i blacked out on night going from work and bam --- rear ended someone doing 65 mph.
    Last edited by urbaneve; 10-30-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Coheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud ofCoheed has much to be proud of

Out of all the opiates I have taken for years I never had opana. They only recently became available here after the oxy OP came out everyone who had scripts switched to opana. I've always heard that they feel about twice as strong as oxy, for example taking a 40 mg opana is equal to an oc80.

Opana is my preferred analgesic of choice because Oxy for some reason has never had a real affect on me besides make me sleepy. Strangely, I actually prefer hydrocodone over Oxy...

Anyways, to answer your question, Opana is, indeed, very strong but tolerance to it develops VERY quickly. Take it over a few days and as someone already said, if you switch back over to a less potent opiate it will feel like nothing. It definitely takes the pain away, but if you're not in extreme pain then I suggest sticking with the weaker analgesics especially considering Opana withdrawals and side effects (like extreme irritability) are not at all pleasant.

18. From all the information I have gathered I believe that the effects Opana has is greatly dependent on the individual.

It seems for some people the pain relief is superior to Oxycodone but the high is not the same.

For other they prefer Opana sniffed compared to Oxycodone because of the strength and the ability to use less for the desired effects.

Others prefer Roxi to Opana simply because the buzz is more enjoyable.

I believe it is all dependent on the person and you would have to experiment with it yourself to gain an accurate opinion.
    Like Nickel liked this post

19. As far as i know opana will help you out very well even if you are on percs. You could also try diladue a lot of people like that. Mayne morphin or even oxycontin. There are lots of stronger pain killers out there. But usually arent easy to get your hands on (prescribed)

20. Quote Originally Posted by no name View Post
    I take it there isnt a generic available yet?
    i have read many praise it for pain releif but not as euporhic as oxy
    but have also read the people who spike this med love it
    I havent had a chance to try it but have heard a trend of many pain drs
    switching people from oxy to this for an ER Medication
    My wife got some 10mg generic IR's. They are still very expensive though. Non-preferred on insurance.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast