NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1004 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Difference between codeine vs. codeine phosphate vs. tylex

jrobs is offline Banned Reason: An alias of someone we have banned several times already (= Barbital)
    jrobs has a spectacular aura aboutjrobs has a spectacular aura aboutjrobs has a spectacular aura aboutjrobs has a spectacular aura aboutjrobs has a spectacular aura aboutjrobs has a spectacular aura about

Default Difference between codeine vs. codeine phosphate vs. tylex

what is the difference between codeine vs. codeine phosphate vs. co-comadol vs. tramado... which is the strongest. Any help would be great.

I am curious to hear the answer also, thinking about purchasing some but do not know which is best. Also wondering how well Dihydrocodeine stacks up to Codeine, which is better? I've read that DHC is weaker per mg than codeine but have read that many prefer DHC to codeine. Anyone taken the 120mg DHC how would that compare to say a Hydrocodone 10mg?

Sorry for putting all that in your thread mate hoping you might care to know these things also or let me know and I'll edit my comment lol. Cheers

Harry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond repute
    Harry Irene has a reputation beyond repute
    IMO 120mg DHC blows Hydrocodone 10mg out of the water...unless it's Norco or you have enough Hydododone to keep doing CWE's to get rid of the darn acetaminophen ...for me anyway...definitely different feeling as well along with the killing of the pain with the DHC.

I also like Codeine...works pretty good for my pain too..I think it depends on the person some people swear to hydro over DHC, co-comadol is just Codeine & acetaminophen, Tramadol doesn't do JACK for me...Again, I truly think it is the person and the way the drugs react to to them.
    Helpful Sj2011 Rated helpful
    Like Guy G liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Irene View Post
    IMO 120mg DHC blows Hydrocodone 10mg out of the water...unless it's Norco or you have enough Hydododone to keep doing CWE's to get rid of the darn acetaminophen ...for me anyway...definitely different feeling as well along with the killing of the pain with the DHC.

I also like Codeine...works pretty good for my pain too..I think it depends on the person some people swear to hydro over DHC, co-comadol is just Codeine & acetaminophen, Tramadol doesn't do JACK for me...Again, I truly think it is the person and the way the drugs react to to them.

Thanks for the info HI, yeah I'm considering ordering some DHC.? I agree that it seems to be body chemistry and how your body reacts to codeine/dhc/hydrocodone/tram....some people think dhc is better then codeine but others think the opposite.
    Last edited by kmontayne; 12-20-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: removed off topic question

Harry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond reputeHarry Irene has a reputation beyond repute
    Harry Irene has a reputation beyond repute
    DHC helps me with my pain: Big-Time and almost has an MDMA effect as well...I can work and function and be Happy-go-Lucky and be productive..for me.....I am also one of those people that also metabolizes Codeine for pain well too. DHC is supposedto be 1.5-2.0 stronger then regular codeine...in ways I think it no doubt is...but again, like you said, it depends on your body chemistry and how your body reacts to said meds.
    Helpful boltonboy Rated helpful

boltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Yeah. Dhc has the edge over codien in my opinion. And i definatly agree about it's similarities with mdma. What i would like to know is how similar is dhc to hydrocodone?

Being in the uk, no chance of ever getting that here.

Many thanks
    Last edited by kmontayne; 12-20-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Deleted off topic question

Just want to remind the users, that this topic is in regards to the equivalence of the meds. Inquiries as to where to get this, will be edited, if the user insists, posts will be deleted, if users insists, they will be banned from the thread.

The reason why I recommend users not to ask where to get these meds mentioned in this thread is because a vendor can easily come in as a regular user and say use joe schmoes place. And people won't be able to tell if its a shill or not. With that said, please try to stay on topic.

If you want to find a source for this, please use the search field, or go through the threads. They are some thread in the senior members area that mention vendors that have these meds. If you don't have access to the senior members area and want to you can go over the GENERAL FORUM GUIDE for instructions and rules on how to access it.
    Helpful Massiveamounts Rated helpful
    Like boltonboy, Sj2011 liked this post

brienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond repute

My dhc is on the way and i'll be trying it for the first time. I'm anxious to see how it compares to my regular pain med(oxycodone). From what i've read it should be a good supplement.
    I'll throw my 2 cents in next week.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL
    Helpful Massiveamounts Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
    My dhc is on the way and i'll be trying it for the first time. I'm anxious to see how it compares to my regular pain med(oxycodone). From what i've read it should be a good supplement.
    I'll throw my 2 cents in next week.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL
    Yeah let us know how it does for you I'm curious as to how DHC compares to the med you mentioned as well as to codeine based products. Happy holidays to you too my friend.

To the OP I'm sure there are sites you could google that would show a Codeine to DHC ratio and would detail which is stronger and by what degree. I will look around in a few to see if I can find such a site.

boltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of lightboltonboy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by kmontayne View Post
    Just want to remind the users, that this topic is in regards to the equivalence of the meds. Inquiries as to where to get this, will be edited, if the user insists, posts will be deleted, if users insists, they will be banned from the thread.

The reason why I recommend users not to ask where to get these meds mentioned in this thread is because a vendor can easily come in as a regular user and say use joe schmoes place. And people won't be able to tell if its a shill or not. With that said, please try to stay on topic.

If you want to find a source for this, please use the search field, or go through the threads. They are some thread in the senior members area that mention vendors that have these meds. If you don't have access to the senior members area and want to you can go over the GENERAL FORUM GUIDE for instructions and rules on how to access it.
    Hey,

Many thanks for the info. Will have a browes of the forums. And sorry for not reading the rules first. Kind of jumped straight in without thinking. Anyway, i'm really liking the look of this site and hoping to make a big contribution.

Back on topic. Anyone else think dhc has more of a stimulant effect compared to it's dreamy relative codiene?
    Like kmontayne liked this post

camus989 will become famous soon enough

DHC is up to 1.5 times as strong as regular Codeine but as stated a lot depends on individual metabolism. Also, reportedly, DHC does not have the same ceiling effect as codeine (where 300-400mg codeine is the max dosage the body can usefully process, and more is a waste, same is not true with DHC -- although I would not personally know as these levels are far beyond any dosage I would take anyway).

For me, personally, I recently had some 60mg sustained release DHC that I did not find as useful as regular C. In the UK, however, you can buy DHC/paracetamol otc at any pharmacy. I always found those stronger than similar regular codeine combos.

As the op asked I think about other meds as well, supposedly tramadol is equianalgesic to 60mg codeine, while codeine itself is roughly 1/10 as strong as morphine (although morphine has its own oral bio-availability issues). I find tram works ok for me for regular back pain but it certainly lacks all of the more pleasant side effects of the traditional opiate analgesics.

12. Quote Originally Posted by bk4360 View Post
    can someone please tell me where I can get quality pain medicine (DHC?)
    Peruse the online pharmacy forums. It shouldn't be too difficult to find a reliable supplier for DHC. I don't take it but I've seen it available on some of the higher rated sites.

13. Codeine-6-glucuronide is Codeine's main analgesic. The whole 'ceiling effect' applies to the Morphine conversion, not to the pain killing properties. Codeine is an interesting pain-killer..

brienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond repute

got my dhc letter today from psfu...it shipped last monday. Great delivery time and nice product.

Quote Originally Posted by shsn View Post
    Codeine-6-glucuronide is Codeine's main analgesic. The whole 'ceiling effect' applies to the Morphine conversion, not to the pain killing properties. Codeine is an interesting pain-killer..
    When the term "ceiling effect" is used to describe an opiate medication's action pharmacologically, it refers to the fact that above an estimated dose (usually established at 400mg for codeine) the analgesic properties diminish markedly as the dose escalates above the ceiling.
    In other words, the "whole ceiling effect" of codeine does apply to the pain killing properties of the drug.
    I don't know what else it could apply to other than analgesia effectiveness.
    Helpful crucibelle, Hugo, Art Vandelay Rated helpful

ive read that 60mg of coedine equals 10mg of hydrocodone. so with dhc being 1.5 to 2 times stronger than codeine between 30-40mg of dhc equals 10mg of hydrocodone. so the 120mg would be equivalent to either 3 or 4 10mg hydrocodones. i looked at an opiate chart somewhere. problem is everywhere i have looked dhc is ridiculous in price. now as far as the instant release dhc idk how they would equivalate that