NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 856 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vicodin

1. Default Vicodin

Can any one tell me why there seems to be a shortage of vicodin. Everything I read in the paper seems to indication people are taking oxys or percs.

Where have you encountered a shortage of Vicodin?
    I'm not aware of any shortages reported by US pharmacy outlets similar to the recent distribution problems with Adderall, Ritalin and some oxycodone medications.

I suspect the OP refers to the serious shortage of all PMs among the SY vendors. Hy**os and legit Blueberries are the latest victims. This follows a P***ocet drought which has lasted for MANY months. The dynamics of these shortages are complex, but as with all free-market commerce, I anticipate an imminent correction.
    Helpful DulyNoted Rated helpful

4. To M.S. You are correct in your supposition. Could you identify some of the dynamics, or pm me. I really would like to know why there is a shortage of this particular med when the stronger meds seem to always be available. If you do not want to give me any more information, that is o.k.

I see. The question was related to the Mexican dealer connects' Vicodin supplies getting dried up lately.
    It would be interesting, however, to hear details from @M.S about these "complex dynamics" that are involved in the Internet Mexican drug supply chain if he wouldn't mind sharing that information on the discussion board.
    Also, why is it necessary to use code signs for Percocet, Roxicodone and hydrocodone? Is there a concern about some security agency currently tracking keystrokes?
    Helpful crucibelle Rated helpful
    Like Stevo1, Gladheart, Good Apollo liked this post

sambob is offline Banned Reason: Attempted selling through the forum
    sambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond repute

Of course the OP is referring to the SYs, do you actually think we're here to review Walgreens and CVS? I just don't get you @alumni , oh yeah there is some concern, we think you might be a security agent....
    Like Gladheart liked this post

Yeah I was going to ask this question too--in a little different fashion but i will go with this! Does anyone believe this method of relieving our pain has ended? Seems like every three or four years we have another "lifeline" cut off...and IF one reforms it just costs us more! I am a little curious why this hasn't been discussed as heavily as I thought it would be. Think about the times a vendor works just ship late: tons of people would be on here questioning if our way of ordering was bring impaired.
    Like patti24_2000 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by shelle View Post
    Yeah I was going to ask this question too--in a little different fashion but i will go with this! Does anyone believe this method of relieving our pain has ended? Seems like every three or four years we have another "lifeline" cut off...and IF one reforms it just costs us more! I am a little curious why this hasn't been discussed as heavily as I thought it would be. Think about the times a vendor works just ship late: tons of people would be on here questioning if our way of ordering was bring impaired.
    In short, yes. If you think about what means the SY's have to go through to get these drugs, you can see why these IOP's suddenly dry up and then re-appear months later under a different name.

I can't know for sure, but I would bet they have 'arrangements' with south-of-the-border pharmacists. With payoffs to certain people, to make sure the goods get across the border to the USA. If this is the case, you can see why it is an expensive deal - payoffs every step of the way in the supply chain. And what happens when one link in the chain fails? The whole deal falls apart.

I am staying away from the SY's for now. Too pricey and far too much risk of them folding up shortly and taking everyone's dinero with them. Of course, they we will re-establish the supply chain a year from now, re-incarnate under different names with different sites (all with the same prices, though), start shipping orders again, and everyone on here will sing their praises for prompt delivery of $10 per norcos of whatever else is in vogue at the time.

Screw it all.
    Last edited by GreenThumb; 04-21-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    Like SpaceMatters liked this post

9. I would be really really surprised if there was ever a true 'shortage' of hydrocodone... it is the most prescribed drug in the US by a factor of over 2!
    Helpful Rocksteady17 Rated helpful

10. I don't know if we're allowed to discuss this, and if I'm breaking a rule, I'm so sorry and somebody tell me.

But in terms of strength, how much stronger is a perc or Oxy in relation to vicodin? I really do not know.

Perromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to all

google for ''opiates equianalgesic table'' and you'll know it all. Of course there's not an equieuphoria table out there, but the one I mentioned is okay for you to get an idea.

Perromaldido

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    Generally, the higher on the CDS schedule something is , the higher it's abuse potential and therefore assumed to be stronger. However, as the previous poster points out, it's not that simple. For example , while oxycodone is a CII drug and hydrocodone is a CIII drug, 10mg of hydro will provide more pain relief than 5 mg of oxy. However, neither will provide the pain relief at those dosages that 0.25mcg of Fentanyl will , Also a CII Drug. If you google analgesic conversion tables you will get a rough idea of what, dosage wise, is equal to another pain reliever dosage wise, to provide equivalant pain relief.
    Helpful Gullible, Slick Rated helpful
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

Quote Originally Posted by Cgreen View Post
    But in terms of strength, how much stronger is a perc or Oxy in relation to vicodin? I really do not know.
    If you refer to a typical opioid conversion chart, you will find that oxycodone is estimated to be 1.5X the analgesic potency compared to hydrocodone on a mg to mg basis.
    However, from the real world experience I've had, there's really not a lot of actual difference between the two drugs.
    Which is why you will often hear people say that they find Vicodin more effective for pain control than Percocet.
    I've never understood the difference in DEA scheduling between Vicodin and Percocet.
    Helpful Slick Rated helpful
    Like SpaceMatters liked this post

in my experience I hate hydrocodeine does nothing to me... oxycodone works wonders for my pain and I get an energetic feeling besides a tiring not to mention much more tylenol which is terrible for you... just my opinion. I feel a 5mg perc is alot stronger then a 10mg vic with twice as much tylenol... I don't see the point or reason why people like vicoden so much... i hate the feeling it gives me along with no pain relief... guess everybody's body is different.

15. The FDA feels the need to limit what drug manufacturers ship because too many teenagers are sneaking them from their parents.
    The FDA has announced their new drug plan is now 6 months old as of May 2012 and are proud to report manufacturers are cooperating!
    Warms the heart, doesn't it?

Drug Shortages

16. Here you go Alumni,

Different chemical compounds.

Sometimes you can type what you're wondering right into google and it will give you the answer you're looking for in 2 seconds and you can share it with the website. Link is at the bottom you can copy and paste in your browser and read more.

Vicodin--hydrocodone bitartrate--and acetaminophen is an opiad analgesic. It contains hydrogen that when added to acetaminophen, decreases the potency and potential for abuse; Vicodin has a schedule III drug classification noted by the United States Department of Drug Enforcement. The bitartrate compound provides a tablet base for the mixture and adds a bitter taste, making it less palatable. Its chemical make-up C18 H21 NO3*C4H6O6*21/2H20 may initially appear similar to Percocet however, the dilution occurs in the two and half parts of H2O.

Read more: What Are The Differences Between Percocet & Vicodin? | LIVESTRONG.COM

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    Interestingly, the FDA is asking manufacturers who make combination narcotic/ analgesia pain relievers ( Vicodin, Vicodin ES, Percocet, Lortab, Lorcet, etc to reformulate their products to reduce the amount of acetaminophen in them. Few people realize that acetaminophen (Tylenol) causes more liver failure in the US than alcohol does. I will not take Tylenol or Tylenol containing products for any reason. If you drink alcohol, you should avoid Tylenol and products that contain it. Tylenol is a useful drug and has its uses, but it is mixed into so many OTC and Rx preparations that's it quite easy to take too much. The recommended daily maximum amount was 4000mg Q 24 hours and that is likely going to be lowered in the future.
    Helpful Rocksteady17 Rated helpful
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

18. There's not a shortage of hydrocodone "vicodin", more people just prefer to take the more powerful and more euphoric substance oxycodone "oxycontin,percocet".

Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    There's not a shortage of hydrocodone "vicodin", more people just prefer to take the more powerful and more euphoric substance oxycodone "oxycontin,percocet".
    Don't know the fancy names but I do recall a round yellow pill said Endo 33
    on it called Percodan in the 70's..Kicked A*s! Tylenol #4 worked well.
    Vicodin is fine. I never get them (only after tooth extraction) but experimented a bit
    way back.

Quote Originally Posted by crwhitlock View Post
    There's not a shortage of hydrocodone "vicodin", more people just prefer to take the more powerful and more euphoric substance oxycodone "oxycontin,percocet".
    For a period of time recently there definitely was a shortage of hydrocodone and oxycodone medications which was not caused by patients' preference for one or the other.
    It was an imbalance of supply caused by previously approved distribution limits set by pharmaceutical manufacturers and federal agencies.
    It seems to have been reconciled so far because of the new limits approved for 2012.
    Helpful Hugo, crucibelle Rated helpful
    Like Rocksteady17 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast