NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 841 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Opana Time Release effected by breaking in half.

1. Default Is Opana Time Release effected by breaking in half.

My question is, if I have an Opana 40 ER, and break it in half, will the time release mechanism still be in tact. Is it the substance itself that is time release (like the new OxyContin Op's) or is the outer layer what makes it time release? Any help is much appreciated!

I believe that the current formulation of OpanaER is very similar to the anti-abuse formula in the latest OxyContin OP tablets.
    So if you break a 40mg Opana ER in half and swallow it, you will get 20mg of extended release oxymorphone.
    Helpful brienzi, Nickel, illbananas Rated helpful

betsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud of

@shaffekm

However, if you are not opiate over-tolerant, this is a nice way to save money

by ingesting partials of the whole 40mg.

Not that I would know anything like that
    regards
    Betsky
    Helpful Nickel Rated helpful
    laughter is the best medicine when done kindly

It's pretty much impossible to defeat the Opana ER time release mechanism, esp. the new formula. Which is a good thing as Opana had the potential to lay waste to a lot of unsuspecting people. Now everyone has to take as directed. Cutting one in half or a quarter just reduces the dose but doesn't affect the ER mechanism. Like @alumni said, it's pretty much Oxy OP all over again but if anything, worse/better depending on your POV. With the older ER Opana (stop sign shape) you could drastically increase the bioavailabilty by insulfflating the ground up pill or soaking it in water. Not no more.

The coating on the original oxycontins (Oxy OG) had the time release mechanism in the outer coating which was a joke as merely crushing the pill turned it into IR.
    Helpful illbananas, betsky, Perromaldido Rated helpful

brienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond reputebrienzi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info @Chemicachart , just received some ER, not what i was expecting, but cut em in thirds and they do the trick...
    Short time solution for a short time problem though, refill on friday,,,

6. Awesome! Thank you so much for the responses!

LiquidOrgasm is offline Banned Reason: Attempted selling through the forum; multiple accounts
    LiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to behold

The time release on Opana is actually defeated quite easily (I've done it) requires a bit of chemistry knowledge and some basic chemistry equipment (beaker etc) but there are guides and videos that show a person step by step. I don't recommend it as it's the next most potent opiate against fentanyl and easy to OD. It took a few tries to get it perfect but now its like clockwork, I celebrated my first successful breakdown by pouring the pure Oxymorphone down my shirt, rubbing it around and screaming "freeeedom!" Another girlfriend lost, but it was her, not me.
    Like Nickel liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidOrgasm View Post
    The time release on Opana is actually defeated quite easily (I've done it) requires a bit of chemistry knowledge and some basic chemistry equipment (beaker etc) but there are guides and videos that show a person step by step. I don't recommend it as it's the next most potent opiate against fentanyl and easy to OD. It took a few tries to get it perfect but now its like clockwork, I celebrated my first successful breakdown by pouring the pure Oxymorphone down my shirt, rubbing it around and screaming "freeeedom!" Another girlfriend lost, but it was her, not me.
    I've seen those for the OG Opana, with a chem set up and alcohol, but haven't seen anything for the new, new formula, although I hear if you have an enormous wanger, you can just whip it out and intimidate Oxymorphone into giving it up for the cause.
    Like LiquidOrgasm, C_Dub, Starscream_ liked this post

LiquidOrgasm is offline Banned Reason: Attempted selling through the forum; multiple accounts
    LiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to beholdLiquidOrgasm is a splendid one to behold

Lightbulb new release

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalchart View Post
    I've seen those for the OG Opana, with a chem set up and alcohol, but haven't seen anything for the new, new formula, although I hear if you have an enormous wanger, you can just whip it out and intimidate Oxymorphone into giving it up for the cause.
    soak ground up pill matter in anhydrous acidified methanol for 24 hours, preferably at say... thirty seven degrees centigrade. Assuming you had a high enough solvent volume not to have everything gel up into a useless blob, and enough chloroform to waste, one could probably extract a semi high percentage with continued sep. funnel extractions.

or waterless based acid that the solvents are entirely non polar.

betsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud of

your scientific seem to rely alot on guess-workmhere because you say absolutely nothinin regards to temp. viability transference.etc.. perhaps a intro
    to chem 101 may help deliverer more scienntific data than your [previous posts
    regards
    Betsky

Exclamation Abuse

Quote Originally Posted by betsky View Post
    your scientific seem to rely alot on guess-workmhere because you say absolutely nothinin regards to temp. viability transference.etc.. perhaps a intro
    to chem 101 may help deliverer more scienntific data than your [previous posts
    regards
    Betsky
    I'm not here to list specific information that can make a medication abusable, perhaps you should take intro to forum rules 101 #3 I believe, illegal activity. I was stating it can be done and a vague idea on how one could go about it, that's it.

soak ground up pill matter in anhydrous acidified methanol for 24 hours, preferably at say... thirty seven degrees centigrade. Assuming you had a high enough solvent volume not to have everything gel up into a useless blob, and enough chloroform to waste, one could probably extract a semi high percentage with continued sep. funnel extractions.

or waterless based acid that the solvents are entirely non polar.
    So this is for the new?
    Like betsky liked this post

Perromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to allPerromaldido is a name known to all

With old formula OC's it was all in the coating, One would peel an a crush em into powder and bye bye ER. These Opanas, well I don't know. I should think though that treating them like I said above should at least help a little. Checking the dont's of the leaflet may give you some further inspiration IMO

Perromaldido
    ''since nothing put us together nothing will tear us apart ''

14. Please refrain from discussing recreational drug use. Thank you.

Hi, I was just reading some of the posts around here and I was wondering what the "new" oxys are? Are meds being reformulated? I hope I'm not breaking a
    forum rule by asking a question about a medication. I'm just really interested in
    the topic.

@Skyrider
    Hi, is your name in reference to the song "skyrider "
    Just curious.
    the "new " oxycodone and oxycontin is that they are
    Both extended released tablets now. "Abuse proof "
    And i for one am glad for it. Same medicine different
    Release system.
    crap is this in senior area. Hope so i didn't meÓn to discuss
    scheduled meds otherwise.
    Well i will know if this disappears i guess.
    Betsky
    Like Skyrider liked this post

17. Quote Originally Posted by Skyrider View Post
    Hi, I was just reading some of the posts around here and I was wondering what the "new" oxys are? Are meds being reformulated? I hope I'm not breaking a
    forum rule by asking a question about a medication. I'm just really interested in
    the topic.
    Yes they're reformulated. They're stamped OP instead of OC. They can be cut easily, but if you try to crush them, they are like a Skittle. Even if you grinded them up and took them, they would still be time release. The time release goes down to the molecular level.
    Like Skyrider liked this post

18. to break it I have heard success with using a drill and screw. drill holes with a self taping screw the high is supposedly stronger and last twice as long. Or try using an exacto knife and cut it into little chunks opana has a different mechanism than oxy opana SWELLS IN your stomach oxy is just plastic reformulated like they did with certain dxm.

Thanks for the information. Wow, I didn't even know they was a song "Skyrider"...I'm gonna have to check it out. I came up with the name Skyrider quite a while back when I
    was a student pilot. I sure do miss flying but it's just too expensive.
    Like betsky liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrider View Post
    Thanks for the information. Wow, I didn't even know they was a song "Skyrider"...I'm gonna have to check it out. I came up with the name Skyrider quite a while back when I
    was a student pilot. I sure do miss flying but it's just too expensive.
    Its an older song. I tried searching it and came up empty. Probably not the title of the song, but i can hear the lyrics in my head but cant figure out the title. I think it was E.L.O, the band but again thats a guess. Perhaps aerosmith?? Now i won't be able to rest until I remember, a quirk of mine
    betsky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast