NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 329 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mallinckrodt 30mg Oxycodone IR

1. I think when the M30 break very easily it's due to the amount of handling the pill has had and also how it's kept. I've noticed this with a lot of the Mboxes but no other brand. I've also been told that the more people that touch them and get the oil from their fingers on the pill can make it lose its potency but I don't know if I beleive tjat

Interesting. I wonder how many random people actually "handle" these pills prior to the buyers ultimately putting them in their mouths?
    Very disconcerting to think about compared to the typical dispensing procedures in legitimate US pharmacies.
    Like core2duo liked this post

core2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud of

Glad to see @alumni lurking around these parts. @alumni, have you heard of Mallinckrodt changing the formula for the Oxycodone 30mg ir tablets? There has been some white tablets going around and from the 3 hours of research I've done, the tablets are still blue. They do make a white tablet which is 5mg oxycodone and has the M just like the 30mg tablet and a score on the other. Anybody feel free to answer. This has been bugging me.

I believe Actavis makes a 30 mg IR oxycodone tablet that is round and white but, other than that, have no idea.
    Helpful core2duo Rated helpful

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    @jayther2

These are the only companies that I am aware of which currently manufacture Oxycodone 30MG IR. there MAY WELL be others out there , but these are the ones with which I'm familiar. Hope it helps.

1)Actavis

Oxycodone hydrochloride tablets, USP 30 mg are available as blue colored, round tablets, debossed “A215” on the bisected side. Tablets are supplied in bottles of 100 (NDC 0228- 2879-11) with a child resistant closure.

2) Mallinckrodt

Description Light Blue/Round Convex Tablet
    Dosage Strength 30 mg
    Compares To RoxicodoneŽ
    Identification Code Debossed with a "30" above a bisect on one side and a "M" in a box on the other side
    Rating AB
    Order Information
    NDC # Package Size Case Quantity
    0406-8530-01 100's 12

3) Xanodyne ( Roxicodone -Purchased by Mallinckrodt 2012 )

30 mg blue tablets scored (Identified 54 199)
    [Embossed 54 199 on one side]
    NDC 23635-582-10: Bottles of 100 tablets
    *This is the old ROXANE Pharma product who sold the Rights to Xanodyne, who then sold the rights to Mallinckrodt.*

4)STAT RX LLC ( Manufactured for Qualitest )

30 mg: light blue, round, convex, scored tablets, debossed “4812″ on one side and debossed “V” on the reverse side, are supplied in:
    Bottles of 30 NDC 42549-644-30
    Helpful core2duo Rated helpful
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

core2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by H20shed65 View Post
    @jayther2

These are the only companies that I am aware of which currently manufacture Oxycodone 30MG IR. there MAY WELL be others out there , but these are the ones with which I'm familiar. Hope it helps.

1)Actavis

Oxycodone hydrochloride tablets, USP 30 mg are available as blue colored, round tablets, debossed “A215” on the bisected side. Tablets are supplied in bottles of 100 (NDC 0228- 2879-11) with a child resistant closure.

2) Mallinckrodt

Description Light Blue/Round Convex Tablet
    Dosage Strength 30 mg
    Compares To RoxicodoneŽ
    Identification Code Debossed with a "30" above a bisect on one side and a "M" in a box on the other side
    Rating AB
    Order Information
    NDC # Package Size Case Quantity
    0406-8530-01 100's 12

3) Xanodyne ( Roxicodone -Purchased by Mallinckrodt 2012 )

30 mg blue tablets scored (Identified 54 199)
    [Embossed 54 199 on one side]
    NDC 23635-582-10: Bottles of 100 tablets
    *This is the old ROXANE Pharma product who sold the Rights to Xanodyne, who then sold the rights to Mallinckrodt.*

4)STAT RX LLC ( Manufactured for Qualitest )

30 mg: light blue, round, convex, scored tablets, debossed “4812″ on one side and debossed “V” on the reverse side, are supplied in:
    Bottles of 30 NDC 42549-644-30
    Thanks, that is helpful. So negative on any white 30's. Just as I thought.
    Like H20shed65 liked this post

7. I agree not all genetics are the same. I was skeptical for a while because any medication that I came to question was a controlled substance, which makes me seem like an idiot that can't understand that there are many contributing factors to what one would perceive as loss of potency. I notice it with adderall mostly, and although I have not noticed it with 30mg oxycodone, I believe some genetics are stronger than others. My doctor told me the same thing. Imho, people that say otherwise (generics are all the same) are dorks trying to get a rise out of people. You know the type, with real cleaver one liners like "just eat the damn pills because that's what the bottle says" "leave the meds for us people (some moron who was in a car wreck/shot-30 years ago!!) that actually need it" "why would you do those things when you should just drink beers?" Somebody has to let these people know they are on bluelight or pharmacyreviwer, you know, not exactly grandma & grandpas family prescription how to site. For every informative answer to a question there are 2-3 of these bums with the one liners.

The only argument with any merit is how can a reputable company make a drug that is 20% off- Aside from the obvious "why is the FDA allowing that?"- isn't the company trying to stay in business?

Easythunder has a spectacular aura aboutEasythunder has a spectacular aura aboutEasythunder has a spectacular aura aboutEasythunder has a spectacular aura aboutEasythunder has a spectacular aura aboutEasythunder has a spectacular aura about

Every single person's body chemistry is different. Maybe "similar", but different. Therefore we all respond to various medicines differently. Generics for me are not the same as brand. Some generics , IMO, do not create the same functional relief.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBayPackers View Post
    I agree not all genetics are the same. I was skeptical for a while because any medication that I came to question was a controlled substance, which makes me seem like an idiot that can't understand that there are many contributing factors to what one would perceive as loss of potency. I notice it with adderall mostly, and although I have not noticed it with 30mg oxycodone, I believe some genetics are stronger than others. My doctor told me the same thing. Imho, people that say otherwise (generics are all the same) are dorks trying to get a rise out of people. You know the type, with real cleaver one liners like "just eat the damn pills because that's what the bottle says" "leave the meds for us people (some moron who was in a car wreck/shot-30 years ago!!) that actually need it" "why would you do those things when you should just drink beers?" Somebody has to let these people know they are on bluelight or pharmacyreviwer, you know, not exactly grandma & grandpas family prescription how to site. For every informative answer to a question there are 2-3 of these bums with the one liners.

The only argument with any merit is how can a reputable company make a drug that is 20% off- Aside from the obvious "why is the FDA allowing that?"- isn't the company trying to stay in business?
    If you do some research on generic (nor genetic) bioequivalence, I believe you will see that this "20%" variation is an urban legend. The actual figure is less than 5% either way and barely noticeable to a patient taking the medication. Only applies to US pharmaceutical manufacturers, however.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12