NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 360 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mallinckrodt 30mg Oxycodone IR

1. Default Mallinckrodt 30mg Oxycodone IR

Hello all,
    Has anyone else noticed how much the potency varies? Maybe its just me, but i feel like it's strong then a month later it feels noticeably weaker. I guess everyone hates inconsistency..

are you using it every day for that month? a month is long enough to build up a tollerance.

ShoeLover is a jewel in the roughShoeLover is a jewel in the roughShoeLover is a jewel in the roughShoeLover is a jewel in the roughShoeLover is a jewel in the roughShoeLover is a jewel in the roughShoeLover is a jewel in the rough

@HeadRox While I can't comment on your specific medication, I HAVE noticed this phenomenon with a medication I take. Some doses seem to be extremely potent (uncomfortably so) while others don't even begin to address what ails me. I have never understood that and thought it was a perception issue with me, but after seeing your question, I'm beginning to think its entirely possible.

HTH!

Happy New Year!

Keep in mind that the body's reaction to any substance can vary somewhat for reasons unrelated to the drug itself.
    Stomach contents, small variations in underlying health status, stress levels, time of day, other medications' effects, fatigue, etc. can all affect the most current result of taking any prescription med.
    Helpful HeadRox Rated helpful

mountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HeadRox View Post
    Hello all,
    Has anyone else noticed how much the potency varies? Maybe its just me, but i feel like it's strong then a month later it feels noticeably weaker. I guess everyone hates inconsistency..
    Yes ,I have noticed the same thing .I do not get them very often since I get them from friends .The ones I got this month were not as potent as some that I had got before .
    Like HeadRox liked this post
    I'd love to change the world,But I don't know what to do,So I'll leave it up to you

6. I think i'm in the same boat as you, mountaineer. I dont take the drug daily, but i do notice a variance in potency when i do take it. It could be factors unrelated to the drug as mentioned before, but, since i have taken this drug from other manufacturers without the variance, it makes me want to blame Mallinckrodt
    Totally rad, bro

mountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the roughmountaineer is a jewel in the rough

thanks ,for some reason my post seems to have disappeared .I borrowed a couple of the M30 roxies today from my friend that changed drug stores were he was getting the A215 roxies .I think the A215 were better The M 30,s I got today were not as potent as the A215,s in the small prescription I got last month .I asked my lady pharmacist today if she could get me the V4812,s when I get my small prescription tomorrow but will take the A215,s since they seemed of rather good quality last month compared to the local drugstore my friend was using before he changed drug stores this month .
    i must have said something in my earlier post that I may have been able to post in the seniors section but was not thinking correctly about posting that type of info in this section
    I'd love to change the world,But I don't know what to do,So I'll leave it up to you

8. While different brands and generics do vary slightly in potency and quality of absorbtion, it is usually not going to be a super noticeable difference. It would probably be more likely that other factors are causing the variable potency. Most likely, I would bet you might be inadvertently potentiating the Roxie's, maybe via CYP 450 enzyme competitive drugs or foods, resulting in longer half life's and stronger effect. this is just a more likely scenario versus a large variance in the actual drugs if the are legit pharmaceuticals. But who knows for sure.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mrnotalky View Post
    While different brands and generics do vary slightly in potency and quality of absorbtion, it is usually not going to be a super noticeable difference. It would probably be more likely that other factors are causing the variable potency. Most likely, I would bet you might be inadvertently potentiating the Roxie's, maybe via CYP 450 enzyme competitive drugs or foods, resulting in longer half life's and stronger effect. this is just a more likely scenario versus a large variance in the actual drugs if the are legit pharmacehttp://imgur.com/Yzv9Huticals. But who knows for sure.
    I agree with this. If the pharmaceuticals are coming from legitimate manufacturers the potency and effects should be nearly identical. I've always received mine from US pharmacies and have almost never noticed any difference aside from what was mentioned above (empty stomach, stress, ect).

10. I normally get the 30mg oxycodone a215 and 6 months ago my pharmacy gave me the Mallinckrodt 30mgs. I did notice a difference in strength. It seem like the Ms gave me pain relief but not the intensity like the a215s. Also I notice that the Ms did not constrict my pupils at all which I thought was weird(not that I really want to walk around with constricted pupils).

So yesterday the same thing happens and my pharmacy ran out and I got the Mallinckrodts again and I swear its not in my head but same reaction. Not as strong in pain relief and duration not as long either. My pupils were totally dilated after 1 hour. I do not like the Ms personally but if you go on their site I did read that in the 30s their was 27mg active oxycodone hydrochloride. Would that make such a big difference I don't know.

Next time I get them filled I am telling the pharmacy no more Ms. Thanks Everyone.

drR has a spectacular aura aboutdrR has a spectacular aura aboutdrR has a spectacular aura aboutdrR has a spectacular aura aboutdrR has a spectacular aura aboutdrR has a spectacular aura about

i believe that the consistency of name brand to generic or generic to generic differ more than big pharma wants us to think
    the thing i think i bogus is that you have to have your doc write name brand needed on your script, it should be the other way around,
    so it feels weird if you want name brand products

@dr650r

i have not had many experiences with generic meds. is their THAT much of a difference?

drR has a spectacular aura aboutdrR has a spectacular aura aboutdrR has a spectacular aura aboutdrR has a spectacular aura aboutdrR has a spectacular aura aboutdrR has a spectacular aura about

ya theirs difference, some more than others
    i'm kinda a brand snob i like brand name everything
    i remember back in the day gettin Mallinckrodts 80's and noticing prob a 10mg difference compared to the purdu 80 oc

core2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud of

Mallinckrodt has always made weaker pain meds than any other generics. Its not in your head.....they suck. I remember a script of 10/325hydro I got once and I swear it was like a 2.5/325. Had to take 3 of then. Even the liquid methadone sucks.
    Helpful Swizzlestick Rated helpful
    Like LeviDenim liked this post

When I need PKs I call the pharmacies in my area. My doctor writes nice scrips and I make sure the pharmacy does not have sell Mallies. I totally agree that Malli has the worst generics sold in the US.

I have a nasty dental issue from getting hit in the mouth by a tennis racquet and over the next few months will have to have 3 procedures done. It turns out the local Walgreens has Watsons and they hit hard. One 5/325 percocet hits as hard as two Mallies.

My wife loves the fact that it hurts when I talk so she is loving it. LOL. Now I just text her even if she is just one or two rooms away in the house.

- - - Updated - - -

When I need PKs I call the pharmacies in my area. My doctor writes nice scrips and I make sure the pharmacy does not have sell Mallies. I totally agree that Malli has the worst generics sold in the US.

I have a nasty dental issue from getting hit in the mouth by a tennis racquet and over the next few months will have to have 3 procedures done. It turns out the local Walgreens has Watsons and they hit hard. One 5/325 percocet hits as hard as two Mallies.

My wife loves the fact that it hurts when I talk so she is loving it. LOL. Now I just text her even if she is just one or two rooms away in the house.

core2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud ofcore2duo has much to be proud of

Does Watson make a 30mg ir? I remember (10 years ago) when all I ever got was Watson hydro. Now they are literally non-existant.

I just got some M30's and haven't had oxycodone in 2 mos so of course they are good. When your dependant and used to one particular brand, that's when you can really notice quality difference.

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by jayther2 View Post
    Does Watson make a 30mg ir? I remember (10 years ago) when all I ever got was Watson hydro. Now they are literally non-existant.

I just got some M30's and haven't had oxycodone in 2 mos so of course they are good. When your dependant and used to one particular brand, that's when you can really notice quality difference.

They do indeed. Watson is now part of Actavis, INC. I have copied & pasted a description of this medication below for reference. FYI-They also make this in 15MG as well.

Oxycodone hydrochloride tablets, USP 30 mg are available as blue colored, round tablets, debossed A215 on the bisected side. Tablets are supplied in bottles of 100 (NDC 0228- 2879-11) with a child resistant closure.
    Helpful Swizzlestick, core2duo, Roz Rated helpful
    Like mountaineer liked this post
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

18. I spoke to a friend/pharmacy owner last weekend. I was asking questions about tolerance levels on manufacturing of generic meds. She claimed tolerance can be as high as 20% and says if you have a med that works you should stick with brand name. So if you are getting a generic Roxi 30 mg, it could actually be a 24mg pill and still meet production spec. But maybe it could be a 36mg pill too, which would be ok.

I would guess the actual variance is much lower than 20%. She just mentioned that is as high as some generics can go.

And yes, Mallies are the worst. 2 for one against a Watson product (as in you have to take two mallies for every one Watson for same effect).
    Like windowpane liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by H20shed65 View Post
    They do indeed. Watson is now part of Actavis, INC. I have copied & pasted a description of this medication below for reference. FYI-They also make this in 15MG as well.

Thanks H20, I had no idea the A215 were Watson. No wonder they are better
    Like H20shed65 liked this post

20. My last batch of M30 were different than regular m30, so I have a couple questions if anyone can answer..
    They are a bit crumbly and break in half much easier than before... however they are definitely not fake.... although they do feel weaker. They were really difficult to break in half before, now they break in half effortlessly. (I usually take half due to the potency). So I guess my question is... can heat exposure cause this? I'm not talking about heat exposure as in smoking them, I mean heat exposure in like the same way a vinyl record would melt, or warp.... just got exposed to heat. Stored in a hot place for decent amount of time, etc.
    OR - did they change the formula to make it easier to break in half say for the elderly and such that aren't good with their hands, i.e. - Arthritis.

Or they are the best fakes I have ever seen and I'm receiving a placebo effect which would explain the weak effect of them. But I'm almost certain they aren't fakes..
    Any info would be great. The fact they can slightly crumble and effortlessly break in half is definite cause for concern.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast