Thread: How is opium extracted from the poppy plant?

Default How is opium extracted from the poppy plant

I say that is by cutting the seed pods and my friends says that is collecting the pollen from the flower, but is ins the same thing?

They make a horizontal cut into the seed pod. The plant bleeds and heals it self. The residue (Black tar like substance) that is formed is later scraped off and the process of making Morphine is done. heroin is actually a waste process of making morphine and other drugs for medicinal use. Heroin is then discarded. as watse until people started using it as a cheap way of getting high. Now all of the process of making morphine is used in the drug trade. The flower and pollen has nothing to do with the drug trade, other than it produced the flower to make seeds and seed pods

3. Yes, you cut open the seed pod and let the juice run out. This is then refined to make the opium concentrate that is opium (and further refined to make heroin).

It's not the same thing as the pollen. The pollen will be around the pestle and stamen of the flower. The seed pod forms after the flower dies.

4. Opium is extracted from inside the seed pods of poppies, not from the pollen.

5. Default Poppy pod tea

To extract the opium from dried poppy pods, you first need to remove the seeds. Then, grind up about 2-3 large pods in a coffee grinder. Place powder in a small container with 8-12 oz. cold water and stir often. Let sit for at least 15 minutes, then strain and drink liquid. As tolerance builds, you will need up to 10 large pods. DO NOT USE EVERYDAY! Withdrawal is hell if you use it everyday then quit.

Nubzor is just really niceNubzor is just really niceNubzor is just really niceNubzor is just really niceNubzor is just really niceNubzor is just really niceNubzor is just really niceNubzor is just really niceNubzor is just really niceNubzor is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by mr1derfl View Post
    To extract the opium from dried poppy pods, you first need to remove the seeds. Then, grind up about 2-3 large pods in a coffee grinder. Place powder in a small container with 8-12 oz. cold water and stir often. Let sit for at least 15 minutes, then strain and drink liquid. As tolerance builds, you will need up to 10 large pods. DO NOT USE EVERYDAY! Withdrawal is hell if you use it everyday then quit.
    You totally bumped a post from 2008, by the way.

But yes, your method works at extracting the alkaloids from the poppy plant. If you want pure opium, you must "score" the pod while it is still alive (as several users pointed out in '08). I'm quoting your post though because I do think it could be helpful to other members in need of pain management, as a more-natural remedy. But use caution, as there is no way to measure the dose of alkaloids you will receive. Some poppies are more potent than others, so use caution if you follow the above method.

Let me add my caution as to getting started on "poppy tea" that crap is vile, and yes, addicting. As for making "heroin" the process, while not difficult, involves using chemicals such as acetate (from what I've read.) Meanwhile, when you drink the tea you drink all the alkaloids that are in the poppy pod, and not just the opoids. A man named Eric Detz wrote a pretty harrowing book about his addiction called "Poppies" that was published in the 80's I think, it is probably out of print, but the upshot was that he eventually went on methadone maintenance, so poppies are not the harmless natural pain relievers that they might appear to be--not to mention that posession of them for narcotic purposes is illegal.

I remember reading that book although not as good as Junkie IMO but what i don't get is people wanting to go on methadone. Its liquid freaking handcuffs and almost immpossible to get off. We have suboxone now wich should only be used for 7 days not any length of maintainence. Its only to make money that people now believe they need to maintain on suboxone. i was in hooper detox in Portland, OR and they gave it to me at 24 hours after my last use when i was way uncomfortable and it took away 90% of the physical withdrawls. thay keep you on it for 6 days 8mgs the 1st then 7mgs the 2nd then 5,4,2,1, nothing and its painless. The rest is just mental. deciding not to use if thats what you want. And yes you score the fresh poppies then collect the sap latter. And if heroine turns into morpfine in your brain why do we do H and not M?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    They make a horizontal cut into the seed pod. The plant bleeds and heals it self. The residue (Black tar like substance) that is formed is later scraped off and the process of making Morphine is done. heroin is actually a waste process of making morphine and other drugs for medicinal use. Heroin is then discarded. as watse until people started using it as a cheap way of getting high. Now all of the process of making morphine is used in the drug trade. The flower and pollen has nothing to do with the drug trade, other than it produced the flower to make seeds and seed pods
    Vertical cuts are made, actually. What oozes out and dries is opium, which can then be purified and refined, or those products can be used to synthesize other opiates.

This will sound strange, but do a search for old DEA handbooks in pdf. They will not only walk you through cultivation, but will also tell you the proper technique for scoring and cooking the opium. They will also give you steps to cook the opium into heroin. Funny to think the DEA is telling people how to manu drugs.
    This job would be great if it weren't for all of the f**king customers.