Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hydrocodone high?

1. Default hydrocodone high

Im 22 yrs old and a doctor prescribed me 750 mg tabs of hydrocodone. I haven't really experimented with drugs besides alcohol and weed, so I am curious about what type of high it gives you and how many pills should a 6 ft, 185 pound man take to feel effects. And dont try to tell me not to do it cause my mind is made up... im responsible enough to not let getting high mess up my priorities in life.
    Im 22 yrs old and a doctor prescribed me APAP 7.5 MG/750 mg tabs of hydrocodone. I haven't really experimented with drugs besides alcohol and weed, so I am curious about what type of high it gives you and how many pills should a 6 ft, 185 pound man take to feel effects. And dont try to tell me not to do it cause my mind is made up... im responsible enough to not let getting high mess up my priorities in life.

2. If your not used to them one should do it,don't take more than two , that would not be good.

3. Hydrocodone is a combination of 2 different drugs, Codeine and an N-said such as Tylenol, aspirin, Ibuprofen, ect. there should be 2 numbers such as 200/20 mg. Depends on the other drug as to how much you can take without causing liver or kidney failure

4. i personally find hydrocodone to be fairly useless drug recreationally ive taken it about 13 different times and have only gotten high off it once

go to erowid.com and read some experience reports there are quite a few on hydrocodone

5. hydrocodone is very addictive!! I broke my ankel and then had surgery on it last year and was addicted to this stuff untill just recently. Its kinda like every other drug in the sence that it effects everyone alittle differently. Just take 1. Break it in half and it works faster. It makes me feel hazy, kind like a really good buzz, I talk alot, and want to get up and do EVERYTHING!!..that last for eh about 2 hours, then all I want to de is sleep...for like 3 hours. My husband can't take it, it makes him do nothing BUT sleep, for like 2 days..and my Father go nuts. He was on it after having back surgery, and conveinced all the nurses that there was a dead lady in the celing of the hospital and that the gorilla who has escaped from the zoo was coming to get her. ....Sooo...DONT take it with alcahol, and DONT drive!! but be careful it can mess you up big time. (PS, I'm NOT condoneing getting high, but hey if your're gonna do it, nothing is gonna stop you)

6. I'm sorry, but you are an idiot. Pill addictions are expensive and can eventually force you into doing stupid, illegal maneuvers to get enough pills to chase that feeling you got when you first got high because your body will build up a tolerance to the effects and you will need higher doses to get that feeling. Think about it...hydrocodone is a synthetic opioid, and has the same effects as heroin, morphine, and any other opiate. Plus, it also contains the analgesic acetaminophen, which you can easily overdose on and end up in fulminant liver failure. My son was hospitalized last October for that exact reason, and they weren't sure if he would live. He was even on the liver transplant list for a while because they couldn't guarantee his liver would recover.

Obviously your doctor prescribed it for pain. Take it for that reason.
    Helpful naughtysmurf Rated helpful
    Like c729 liked this post

7. Quote Originally Posted by reefmedic79 View Post
    Hydrocodone is a combination of 2 different drugs, Codeine and an N-said such as Tylenol, aspirin, Ibuprofen, ect. there should be 2 numbers such as 200/20 mg. Depends on the other drug as to how much you can take without causing liver or kidney failure
    There is so much wrong with that post, I don't even know where to begin. First of all, hydrocodone is not "a combination of codeine and an NSAID." It is a semi-synthetic opioid.

Next, Tylenol (acetominophen) and Aspirin are not NSAID's; Ibuprofen is. Hydrocodone is made in pills that also contain the medications you listed - Tylenol, APAP (paracetamol), etc. in combinations such as 5/325, 5/500, 10/325, etc., with the first number being the number of milligrams of hydrocodone and the second being the number of milligrams of the other ingredient.

You should always do a cold water extraction when taking more than a couple of these pills at a time to avoid liver damage - that part of the post was correct. You can safely take up to 4 grams of acetominophen, but doing that on a regular basis is asking for major trouble.
    Helpful sciatic, c729 Rated helpful

8. Ok. I am a heavy user of hydrocodone 10/325's. Liquid Morphine, and recently stopped using Hydromorphone due to the exessive sleeping it causes. Yes the lot of you that said it is very addicting are right, I'm very addicted. If I do not have a set amount a day my body is sore, my legs hurt, it hurts to walk etc.
    For me it gives a speedy yet numb high. Very satisfying, yet kind of annoying to some others if you've done quite enough.
    As for the people saying be really careful you shouldn't take more than 2 it could kill you.
    People, i've taken 30 5/500's in a 12 hour period before. I'm still alive, quite alive. My liver is probably shot to hell but i'm still walking and talking. I currently get 90 10/325's a month and they don't last me but half the month. But, if your going to do a higher milligram of the drug itself being 7.5's, 10mg's ect. then pick the lower amounts of acetominophen. example: 10/650 = Higher. 10/325 = Lower.

Yup, i'm a pillificationary.
    And am 19yrs old and have more knowledge concerning pharmaceuticals than a lot of you.
    Last edited by jbmassacre; 08-07-2009 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Just cuz

9. Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_Reality View Post
    There is so much wrong with that post, I don't even know where to begin. First of all, hydrocodone is not "a combination of codeine and an NSAID." It is a semi-synthetic opioid.

Next, Tylenol (acetominophen) and Aspirin are not NSAID's; Ibuprofen is. Hydrocodone is made in pills that also contain the medications you listed - Tylenol, APAP (paracetamol), etc. in combinations such as 5/325, 5/500, 10/325, etc., with the first number being the number of milligrams of hydrocodone and the second being the number of milligrams of the other ingredient.

You should always do a cold water extraction when taking more than a couple of these pills at a time to avoid liver damage - that part of the post was correct. You can safely take up to 4 grams of acetominophen, but doing that on a regular basis is asking for major trouble.
    Thanks for saving me having to type that on an iPhone - one that takes great joy in closing my browser thus erasing my painfully 1 finger typed replies - usually about 15 words before I hit post. I often used to wonder where / how / why there seem to be so many posts like the one that required almost everything except possibly for conjunctions and 4 letter verbs to be edited for content. I'm not just talking about "facts" being wrong, not occasional errors. How, I obsessed, just how can there be so many "facts" that were anything but, it was a need to understand how a post can be totally full of statements and absent, completely incorrect? I would find myself awed. It can't be easy to write a reply to a single question or a list of them and pass it off as an "answer," (implying that the words were solutions and realize that even items like conjunctions or nouns (proper nouns even!) contained errors. How is it done? It has to be far more effort than the occasional slip into the verifiable realm, where the stament is confirmed as words that fail to mislead, to obfuscate, to prevericate, in short to screw up so completely as to have failed to avoid that pitfall of the public Internet website, to feel the shame, to be forced to wear the scarlet letter of the on topic, the sting of the dawning realization to have FAILED to have risen from the depths of those many who live the dream of imperfect ineptitude, those fearful masses who deny any rejection, who cowardly refuse to go where every man has always retreated, to be that terrible success who got it right...
    Fortunately I live in a binary fantasy where I can refuse not to get it all wrong and I gird myself daily and face those ambivalent few who fail to get any part of their reply caught in that cesspool of truth. I'm out numbered, I turn away from a foe who agrees to misunderstand the confusion of the pristinely phrased desire for help. Your post saved me from having to step up and now I know I no longer am alone. May your enemies always be on topic, and may they never be confused. Someday they will fail to lose again, and I hope to be at your side when they conclude the pleasure filled truth of their accidentally honest answer.
    Dingo

10. Default Analgesics (Pain killers) hydrocodone high?

You should take them in measures considering your age.

11. Quote Originally Posted by jbmassacre View Post
    Ok. I am a heavy user of hydrocodone 10/325's. Liquid Morphine, and recently stopped using Hydromorphone due to the exessive sleeping it causes. Yes the lot of you that said it is very addicting are right, I'm very addicted. If I do not have a set amount a day my body is sore, my legs hurt, it hurts to walk etc.
    For me it gives a speedy yet numb high. Very satisfying, yet kind of annoying to some others if you've done quite enough.
    As for the people saying be really careful you shouldn't take more than 2 it could kill you.
    People, i've taken 30 5/500's in a 12 hour period before. I'm still alive, quite alive. My liver is probably shot to hell but i'm still walking and talking. I currently get 90 10/325's a month and they don't last me but half the month. But, if your going to do a higher milligram of the drug itself being 7.5's, 10mg's ect. then pick the lower amounts of acetominophen. example: 10/650 = Higher. 10/325 = Lower.

And am 19yrs old and have more knowledge concerning pharmaceuticals than a lot of you.
    You might have the knowledge, but if the way you are using has got anything to say about your view of life or your intelligence, instead of the reason you started taking them (which should be pain relief) then... well my friend, you are going to be in a whole lot of trouble sooner or later. And although I do not know you, I do feel for you immensely when that starts to happen :-(
    Try to get it sorted a bit man... I'm sorry for saying this, do not mean to talk down to/on you but for your own good, please...
    Helpful sciatic Rated helpful

12. im 22 and 5ft 3in will a 5/500 capsule get me high?

13. of hydrocodone? capsule

14. If you have never been on narcotic pain relievers before than you will feel euphoric effects with just one, intense effects with two. I would not suggest taking anymore than that in your situation.

15. Yes don't take more than two usally

It really varies. I have Vicodin (10/325) for my severe back pain, and I get no real buzz at all, even though I only take them as needed (not every day.) I really don't "get it" - I know what a buzz feels like (college in the 70s, LOL!) and I get more of a buzz from two cups of strong coffee. I wish it DID give me a euphoric high, it would help when the nerve in my back is so painful I can't move!

But my wife can take one of my Vicodin, I gave her one once when she had a bad muscle pull, and she does NOT like it - it gives her a very disoriented feeling that she does not like. She is the same way with the Fiorinal I have for my migraines - they do nothing but help numb the pain for me, no euphoria, but she took one (I take two at a time) for a headache one night and she was just buzzed out.

To the 19 year old bragging about all the pill consumption: That really makes me sad. I'm in my 50s, and I've seen more than my share of buddies do a lot of drugs and they all think they are "special" - special = I'm different, I can handle it, etc. The truth is everyone's body is more alike than different, and you're heading for a major physical problem. At 19 you will no more believe that than I would have when I was 19 and playing in a rock band in San Francisco and doing bad things and thought I was invulnerable.
    Like c729, naynay liked this post

As a former addict who went through rehab, this thread is scary. This drug is super addictive. It is also extremely dangerous. You may think that you're responsible enough to not let getting high override your priorities in life. I thought the same thing (I was in my 30's). $60K in debt later from buying pills off of the internet (down to $30K now)...lost two 6 figure jobs for acting a bit spacey...I admitted I had a problem and went to rehab. I wasn't even CLOSE to the worst addict there and was able to do outpatient.

With that said, the second number is what really concerns me here. 750???? The highest I ever had was 500 there. I took 10/500s and there was concern about long term damage. You are going to do some serious damage if you abuse these. You will probably get a buzz off of just one pill on your first try. After a few days it will take two. Tolerance builds quickly.

Another side effect I've seen with these but nobody ever seems to mention is complete rage. It happened to me and it happened to someone I was dating (who was not addicted but taking it after major surgery). Watch yourself because that buzz may turn into you getting in physical altercations for no reason. Extreme irritability is not a fun buzz.

One other note, I know of many people who have NEVER gotten a buzz off of this med no matter how much they've taken. They obviously didn't do the cold water extraction but they took enough to wind up feeling really sick. The type of sick you feel when your BP drops and your stomach feels awful.

Be careful. We all think we have control but these drugs are the real deal and they can and will mess you up.
    Like johnnylarue35, alumni liked this post

SWIGRx is offline Banned Reason: Selling through the forums
    thanks juniors for reopening a 3 year old thread. the question of which has been answered repeatedly before. :P welcome juniors.
    Helpful riverstyx Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by SWIsquallz506 View Post
    thanks juniors for reopening a 3 year old thread. the question of which has been answered repeatedly before. :P welcome juniors.
    Wow. Feels like I'm back on DB again. Thanks.

20. Quote Originally Posted by jbmassacre View Post
    Ok. I am a heavy user of hydrocodone 10/325's. Liquid Morphine, and recently stopped using Hydromorphone due to the exessive sleeping it causes. Yes the lot of you that said it is very addicting are right, I'm very addicted. If I do not have a set amount a day my body is sore, my legs hurt, it hurts to walk etc.

i'm ewith this guy, ive taken a lot of hydrocodone at one time and im still here. the key to finding your tolerence is to take two, wait an hour and see how you feel and then maybe 2 more depending on how you feel. I used to eat norcos like they were skittles, experimenting wont hurt you, just do it wisely, and have someone with you in case you need help. They are very addictive once you get your first real high, you'll probably throw up, dont fight the urge, just throw up and you'll feel 1,000 times better afterwards. BTW i started about when i was 22 and 10 years later i'm still trying to kick the habit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast