Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scam alert! Everyone beware

Default Scam alert! Everyone beware

Everyone and I am sure the majority of the people here have heard about this. But the same DEA scam is going around and just thought I would share a number that was left on my Voicemail.

First thing first, DEA will never call your home to tell you to pay a fine. These guys are trying to extort money from people.
    Second if DEA or any Law Enforcement contacts you, they will just send you a court date or just visit your home to ask you a few questions.
    Third, if they ask you to pay a fine they will definately not have you send it out of the country.

Anyways The phone number that has been calling is this:

202-241-8927

Please be careful with this.

If you call that number you will never get a live person, but a answering machine, that's about it.

Here are some posts from calls of this number:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-202-241-8927
    Last edited by kmontayne; 03-31-2011 at 01:52 PM.

QVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant futureQVC1212 has a brilliant future

I posted about a similar scam a couple of months ago. Sounds like they're back to their old tricks again!

Yeah I remember about it. If you don't mind it would help if you link the URL of that topic because I was not able to find it.

Wow... im glad i read this! Saved my from trashing my phone..lol

5. Thanks for posting. I put this number in my contact list on my phone and labeled it SCAM! LOL!

Taf

BIGBEAr011 is offline Banned Reason: Shilling for 'unitedpharmacymeds'

BEWARE ...some dude calling numbers under Brian Michael ...they called me yesterday and today from a number 347 349 6512 and 212 851 3999....they asked for western union or money pak...beware of those numbers because they scam people around

7. Thanks. I added the number to my phone too, just in case.

8. Don't count on it just coming from a specific number.

I had this happen, but immediately recognized it as a scam. I asked questions like badge number, office phone number, DEA office location, name of agent in charge of operation.

Then I went to the DEA web site, looked up the particular office in whatever city the scammer told me, and called them. Once I got past the "never heard of that person," I requested to talk to an agent and reported the scam. The agent hadn't heard of this before, and actually thought it was funny because it was so bogus.

So bottom line is, don't be afraid to contact the DEA yourself. Impersonating a federal agent is not something that goes over well with real federal agents!
    Helpful merrymiau Rated helpful

A placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.

Thanks for the warning Kmontayne. It's insane the games some people try to run these days. It's good to know there are some people out there that are exposing these idiots and their weakass schemes.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted. --William S. Burroughs

10. Glad to see people are warning others about scam sites - very helpful!

Got a call from this number 212 851 3999, person represented themselves as brian. Said I had refilled xanax 90p and that it won't ship out because they are only sending out 180p at a time.

Here is the funny part. I paid with credit card 90p else where. They said that in order for me to receive my 180p I have to send them $150 to pay for the additional pills and that I will receive them overnight from new york.

The meds I get and ordered from usually ship out from texas. The guy represented himself as brian. Just thought I would share this info. I have emailed and left a voicemail to the place I ordered from to make sure if this was real from what this brian guy said. But they said they have no relations with that call nor would they accept any type of greendot, western union or money gram orders.

Just thought I would share this info and or number I just inputted above.

12. thanks good to know....so many damn scams...can drive someone to drugs

Hey sorry for posting this after the post above but I thought of posting it and not editing the last post to bring this post up once more to let everyone know that the number I posted the 212 number is also a number people care calling from representing themselves as the DEA, extorting people.

212-851-3999 / 2128513999

Becareful guys.

Sounds like a certain online source decided to try and scam people or sell information to others. If you only use a select few providers I would be skeptical of them seems thats the only way they would know who to scam.

15. Quote Originally Posted by kmontayne View Post
    Hey sorry for posting this after the post above but I thought of posting it and not editing the last post to bring this post up once more to let everyone know that the number I posted the 212 number is also a number people care calling from representing themselves as the DEA, extorting people.

212-851-3999 / 2128513999

Becareful guys.
    Got your pm. Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. I will try to find the sites. I assune they are .com sites, right?

I'm not sure if this will fly but if it saves someone's @$$ it's worth it to me. I almost took the bait. I won't give away my former identy SORRY. The link works if you click on it
    Last edited by Troubadour; 05-04-2011 at 11:23 AM.

17. In the last few weeks I have been receiving multiple calls from two numbers:

1-016-33
    210-280-8096

Anyone familar with these numbers?

Normally no message is left but if they do it I can barely hear or understand a word they say - lots of background noise!

Does anyone know if there is a way to block these calls from cell phones? It is so irritating when they call like three or four times in a row.

im glad this shit hasnt started in UK yet

19. Default Overcharges

I have been researching reliable pharmacies to buy brand name valium and xanax. There seem to be a number of scam websites that will overcharge your credit card. Thankfully this website gives some protection against such vultures!

20. Default scam phone calls

Quote Originally Posted by kmontayne View Post
    Everyone and I am sure the majority of the people here have heard about this. But the same DEA scam is going around and just thought I would share a number that was left on my Voicemail.

First thing first, DEA will never call your home to tell you to pay a fine. These guys are trying to extort money from people.
    Second if DEA or any Law Enforcement contacts you, they will just send you a court date or just visit your home to ask you a few questions.
    Third, if they ask you to pay a fine they will definately not have you send it out of the country.

Anyways The phone number that has been calling is this:

202-241-8927

Please be careful with this.

If you call that number you will never get a live person, but a answering machine, that's about it.

Here are some posts from calls of this number:
    the best and easiest way to stop these phone calls, which come from a "robot" calling computer is this. When you answer the phone, you are hearing a "recording" HIT the #
    button, very, very, quickly, at least ten times. This will confuse the hell out of the robot calling computer, and not only that, but will "knock" your number off of their devious list of numbers to selectively call. Works all of the time, for this type of call, and any other
    Helpful trenchfoot, mariora Rated helpful

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast