Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nausea and dizziness with oxycodone.

Ilovemyson has a spectacular aura aboutIlovemyson has a spectacular aura aboutIlovemyson has a spectacular aura aboutIlovemyson has a spectacular aura aboutIlovemyson has a spectacular aura aboutIlovemyson has a spectacular aura aboutIlovemyson has a spectacular aura about

Default Nausea and dizziness with oxycodone.

I have been perscribed oxycodone for pain management before and after surgery and tolerated it well for many, many months. But lately Ive been getting a little sick and cold, clammy type sensations. Any advice, I take these for legit pain and can't stop so I need advice on why I suddenly am having problems and how to combat those problems. Anybody else experience this, or is it just me. I dont understand why I am suddenly feeling sick after tolerating it so well for so long. Could it be that im not eating right?Thanks for any input.
    Like cajunbulldog liked this post

debbrad is a jewel in the roughdebbrad is a jewel in the roughdebbrad is a jewel in the roughdebbrad is a jewel in the roughdebbrad is a jewel in the roughdebbrad is a jewel in the roughdebbrad is a jewel in the roughdebbrad is a jewel in the rough

Default I'm sorry you don't feel good....

Eat something light when you take the oxycodone and drink a full glass of water. How long has this been happening and did the dosage change?

The only other thing to help would be phenergan for the nausea and getting up slowly from the bed or chair. Call the Dr if these side effects become worse. Oh, and get some rest and watchout that you are taking them on schedule.

Peace and less Pain,
    Deb
    Like C_Dub liked this post

3. I was prescribed this for a few years. I never had a problem with nausea and vomiting etc., If I did, I'd have stopped taking it.
    You could have a common flu that's affecting your stomach and has nothing to do with the oxy--or, you might be having near panic attacks. (My p.a.'s would be felt chiefly in the gut btw).

If anything--Oxy's would eliminate any nausea I might be experiencing. It certainly wouldn't cause nausea--but--we're all wired differently.
    You may be developing an allergic reaction to some ingredient of the medication.

I'm betting this will go away but if it doesn't, call your prescribing physician or--if you're incredibly bored and have an hour or two--ask your druggist.

Take care.
    Like C_Dub liked this post

ukbob will become famous soon enoughukbob will become famous soon enoughukbob will become famous soon enough

i had similar problems after surgery,i changed to Norco and soma and nabumetone and thinks came together nicely,pain was dulled as much as anything i have taken and it also picked up my attitude by 30%

i have the same reaction to oxy...and then the nauseu gives me a migraine. i just ask for vicoden instead - way more tolerable

6. Quote Originally Posted by veri View Post
    i have the same reaction to oxy...and then the nauseu gives me a migraine. i just ask for vicoden instead - way more tolerable
    I had just the opposite reaction to Vicodin(hydrocodone). I took it on an empty stomach once and threw up. It makes me sick, while oxycodone seems to have almost no side effects for me.

Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    It makes me sick too so I always eat a sandwich or something
    fairly substantial at least 250 calories. Also check to see if the manufacturer
    has been changed on the generic. Sometimes they add various binders & fillers like lactose &corn starch and you might be allergic to those. This happens to my wife frequently when they switch generics on her. GL!

I have the same issues. Not consistent but it happens. Make sure you are eating enough. I also believe that if my blood pressure is lower then I feel sicker. There have been times when I've had to step out of a hot shower and just get down on the floor to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by c729 View Post
    I have the same issues. Not consistent but it happens. Make sure you are eating enough. I also believe that if my blood pressure is lower then I feel sicker. There have been times when I've had to step out of a hot shower and just get down on the floor to recover.
    This explains some things for me! Thanks.
    I've had short courses of vics and was able to pop two at once for my torn ankle in the past. But nowadays I am healthier and have the lowest bp in my life, and just one will make me nauseous to the point of vomiting. A half of one at a time, adding another half in a little while later was able to bring me relief. I bet my doc would be surprised.

I am unable to drink alcohol anymore due to immediate nausea, so I guess I'm getting hyper sensitive these days. Good thing, probably.
    Like c729, cajunbulldog liked this post

Also if you're taking a mixed drug oxy + Acetaminophen, like many. The acetaminophen can really make an empty stomach churn. Does for me, I almost immediately have to go towards the bathroom if I take a Norco or Percocet on an empty stomach. While taking straight oxycodone I've never had the problem, so I'm assuming its the acetaminophen getting me.

Quote Originally Posted by akl63 View Post
    Also if you're taking a mixed drug oxy + Acetaminophen, like many. The acetaminophen can really make an empty stomach churn. Does for me, I almost immediately have to go towards the bathroom if I take a Norco or Percocet on an empty stomach. While taking straight oxycodone I've never had the problem, so I'm assuming its the acetaminophen getting me.
    you got me thinking...i have heard this from many people but always thought the tylenol was not suppossed to hurt your stomach, like aspirin would. i think i feel nauseau because the percocet, etc. makes me a little dizzy and i just dont like that feeling, but who knows...i have migraines so often i often just feel nauseaus even without the headache...by the way thats called an atypical migraine...a lovely thing!

Tylenol can upset your stomach definitely. Does a number on your liver as well. Maybe just try a benadryl and 80% of your normal percocet dose. Just to be safe, benadryl adds drowsiness as well as lessen nausea. Or just some tums to coat your stomach before you take your meds.

After taking Norcos and Percocet six months straight I dreaded it because i knew how the tylenol would make me feel for 20 minutes.
    Helpful UCB Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by akl63 View Post
    Tylenol can upset your stomach definitely. Does a number on your liver as well. Maybe just try a benadryl and 80% of your normal percocet dose. Just to be safe, benadryl adds drowsiness as well as lessen nausea.
    I agree--benadryl is effective at reducing nausea, though it will likely make you drowsy. Another antihistamine that'll help but has that disadvantage is doxylamine (it's OTC in the sleep aids section, sometimes, at least). A weaker, but far less drowsy option is meclizine (Dramamine 'less drowsy formula'--in my experience, the only kind of dramamine you can find). You can find it OTC. That's probably what I'd try first, aside from taking the dose with food, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UCB View Post
    I agree--benadryl is effective at reducing nausea, though it will likely make you drowsy. Another antihistamine that'll help but has that disadvantage is doxylamine (it's OTC in the sleep aids section, sometimes, at least). A weaker, but far less drowsy option is meclizine (Dramamine 'less drowsy formula'--in my experience, the only kind of dramamine you can find). You can find it OTC. That's probably what I'd try first, aside from taking the dose with food, etc.
    Dramamine and Benadryl are very very close chemically Dimenhydrinate, diphenhydramine. I could never notice much of a difference, they both worked alright. I don't know if the less drowsy formula has something else to counteract the drowsiness, never tried that. I always tried to find doxylamine and was never successfull. And of course promethazine isn't OTC here eitherl

In a lovely wooded area where the birds sing
    Lynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant future

My doctor scripts promethazine for me to take with my medicine because nausea seems to be a part of my everyday life. I can't lay flat down, I have to sleep in a chair sitting mostly straight up because I'll be sick as a dog if I lay all the way down. Really weird. None of my medicines have tylenol, advil, etc. in them so that's not the problem. (this started before I was put on pain medicines so I'm not sure what's wrong; the hospital just gave up and discharged me without finding a true reason for the problems I was having).
    Like debbrad liked this post

In a lovely wooded area where the birds sing
    Lynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant futureLynx4 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by annro56 View Post
    hello!
    Dear i believe its because you are not eating right, my brother takes that med since he had a big surgery like 5 years ago, and everything was fine.. until one day he ate diferent kinds of plates, ruff plates during that hole day, and he did get sick, like your description. So just try and see if that it. Eat well get well
    Nope, I eat fine dear. It has been like this for about 3 years. I'm only really sick when I try to lay down so I sleep sitting up. I could see if it was only very occasionally, but this is everyday and I don't believe I'm eating badly everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by annro56 View Post
    one day he ate diferent kinds of plates, ruff plates during that hole day, and he did get sick, like your description.
    Your brother ate "ruff plates the hole day"?
    I'm curious what this means. Were the plates melamine made in China?

Rescue3000 is a splendid one to beholdRescue3000 is a splendid one to beholdRescue3000 is a splendid one to beholdRescue3000 is a splendid one to beholdRescue3000 is a splendid one to beholdRescue3000 is a splendid one to beholdRescue3000 is a splendid one to beholdRescue3000 is a splendid one to beholdRescue3000 is a splendid one to beholdRescue3000 is a splendid one to beholdRescue3000 is a splendid one to beholdRescue3000 is a splendid one to beholdRescue3000 is a splendid one to beholdRescue3000 is a splendid one to behold

Default Side effects of oxy? maybe not.

When I read your post, You did not say that you had nausea/stomach upset...you stated you had clamy/cold sensations recently...This sounds more like you have built tollerance to said medicine and are having mild withdrawl from too low of a dose as your body needs more and more over time.This is the case with all opioids..Cold and clamey sounds more like lack of opioid level than side effect from oxy...just my thoughts after reading your post...Regards hope ya feel better soon ~~Captain~~255904e8dda64e35f4 - Nausea and dizziness with oxycodone.
    "You sink them, We save them" USCG

Ilovemyson has a spectacular aura aboutIlovemyson has a spectacular aura aboutIlovemyson has a spectacular aura aboutIlovemyson has a spectacular aura aboutIlovemyson has a spectacular aura aboutIlovemyson has a spectacular aura aboutIlovemyson has a spectacular aura about

I started forcing myself to eat more and I seem to be doing better, I think the problem was that the Oxy makes me less hungry, and after I started eating more, I seem to be feeling better. Thanks all for your advice, I just have to remember to eat even if im not hungry.

No its not withdrawl as my doc just upped my dose this month a bit, I know those withdrawl feelings and this was a bit different.

Could have been the mix of not eating right and the increased dosage, the perfect storm to make me kind of sick.

I did have nausea along with those sick, cold,clammy sensations. Wasnt puking but didnt feel right.
    Like debbrad liked this post

debbrad is a jewel in the roughdebbrad is a jewel in the roughdebbrad is a jewel in the roughdebbrad is a jewel in the roughdebbrad is a jewel in the roughdebbrad is a jewel in the roughdebbrad is a jewel in the roughdebbrad is a jewel in the rough

Default Good to see you're eating a little.

I had my dosage increased a few months ago and the nausea and dizziness was baffling. I remembered the old rules to rise slowly and eat something light even if I wasn't hungry. I have to use fentanyl patches besides that and it affects appetite. A little phenergan once in a while helps the nausea and helps me want to eat.

When you have chronic pain you got to remeber the basics and read those nice instructions that come with the medication. If you have a question always call the doc.

Glad you are doing better. I'm having a little bronchitis right now and hate to have to call in before my monthly appt. Trying to use old tricks to stop coughing like honey and tea. It's making me so tired. Coughing till I want to throw up. Phenergan is good for coughing somewhat.

Peace and less Pain for all,
    Deb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast