NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 960 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 100mg morphine

Default 100mg morphine

How strong is 100mg morphine pills compared to hydrocodone?

myrabeak will become famous soon enough

Very strong, very very strong, be careful with that!

betsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud ofbetsky has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
    @ActionJackson

In hospitals -10-20mg morphine is givenn orally to cancer patients
    Please do the math
    Helpful sophie30 Rated helpful
    Like myrabeak liked this post
    laughter is the best medicine when done kindly

sophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant futuresophie30 has a brilliant future

What about codeine as it converts to morphine? 50 mg codeine is a much smaller dose of morphine, isn't it?

redman will become famous soon enough

I have heard that potency of hydrocodone is about equivilant to that of oral moriphine. Of course 100mg pills are extended release so unless you were to destroy the extended release mechinism then it would not be the same as taking 10 10mg hydrocodones. I would exersize caution 100mg morphine pills can be dangerous to an individual with low opiate tolerance.
    Like Blueacid liked this post

How long does the time release last?

Kittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud ofKittsoan1989 has much to be proud of

@Action Jackson - The manufacturer will state 12 hours for most XR Morphine pills - In practice however, many patients are scripted 3 pills per day (meaning the pills last 8 hours) although I have heard anectodotal reports of the "maximum" effects lasting AS SHORT as six hours - but eight hours seems to be the norm.
    Helpful Blueacid Rated helpful
    Every moment is an experience ~ Jake Roberts

sambob is offline Banned Reason: Attempted selling through the forum
    sambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond repute

@Action Jackson, Orally morphine sucks IMHO, there's only one way to do it. Time release is 12 hours I believe.
    Like Sephrina, rustyRORER714 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by sambob View Post
    @Action Jackson, Orally morphine sucks IMHO, there's only one way to do it. Time release is 12 hours I believe.
    Why does it suck?

And what is the only way to do it?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Action Jackson; 03-03-2012 at 07:38 PM.

What medical or pain condition are you treating with morphine?

I'm gonna venture to say @sambob is reffering to morphines decreased bio-availability, when taken orally vs. say I.v.? @Action Jackson
    Last edited by itis; 03-03-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    Like sambob, Sj2011 liked this post

FASTTRIP has a spectacular aura aboutFASTTRIP has a spectacular aura aboutFASTTRIP has a spectacular aura aboutFASTTRIP has a spectacular aura about

@Action Jackson,
    Why does it sucks??
    Im at the moment take substitol, witch is 200mg morphine sulphate ER, and Im good for 24 hours. Its nothing wrong with ER morphine.
    Helpful Blockhead Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by redman View Post
    I have heard that potency of hydrocodone is about equivilant to that of oral moriphine. Of course 100mg pills are extended release so unless you were to destroy the extended release mechinism then it would not be the same as taking 10 10mg hydrocodones. I would exersize caution 100mg morphine pills can be dangerous to an individual with low opiate tolerance.
    Based on the typical opioid equivalency chart, 100mg of IR morphine PO would approximate 17 10mg Norco tablets. 10mg morphine-17mg hydrocodone.
    But it's very difficult to compare ER morphine to hydrocodone since it's not formulated as an extend release pill.
    No way is oral morphine equivalent to hydrocodone mg to mg, by the way.
    If anyone decides to try a single dose of 100mg IR morphine and they are not tolerant to taking 15-17 Norco tabs at once, I hope they have 911 on their speed dial.

I have chronic back pain and have been on 25 mg Fentanyl pathces for a while. As with any opiate, they are losing thier effectiveness. Someone gave me some 100 mg morphine tabs to try. They are blue and shaped like a capsul. I took 1/3 of one. Can feel it, but no overly strong.

Fentanyl patches give a strong dose for about 24 hours, and then for the other 48 hours, it goes down. I am looking for something that helps on a more even distribution.
    Like Blueacid liked this post

15. if u have no tolerance to pain pills then that could put u in the hospital and possibly even death. If i were u id go back and get something else like Oxy

Quote Originally Posted by Blueacid View Post
    if u have no tolerance to pain pills then that could put u in the hospital and possibly even death. If i were u id go back and get something else like Oxy
    Not sure you read my post. I am on FENTANYL.

I have chronic back pain and have been on 25 mg Fentanyl pathces for a while. As with any opiate, they are losing thier effectiveness. Someone gave me some 100 mg morphine tabs to try. They are blue and shaped like a capsul. I took 1/3 of one. Can feel it, but no overly strong.
    I find it interesting that anyone using fentanyl patches hasn't had experience with ms contin. I find it interesting that you didn't ask for a comparison for oxycodone or oxycontin to morphine.

It's a big jump from hydrocodone to fentanyl patches. They just don't hand those out.

What condition is your buddy treating that he happens to have morphine in his pocket?

sambob is offline Banned Reason: Attempted selling through the forum
    sambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond repute

@Action Jackson, that is just my opinion, orally I have never felt much from morphine, however when in hospitals I did feel it, however it wasn't enough, so I eventualy IV'd Dialaudid, everyone reacts different to meds. Morphine just has never done much for me orally, but IV'd I could tell the difference alittle...
    Like Squelix, Sephrina liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy1965 View Post

It's a big jump from hydrocodone to fentanyl patches. They just don't hand those out.
    This is true but exactly what my mom's doctor did when she experienced nausea from orally ingesting hydrocodone. Granted it was the smallest fentanyl dosage available in patch form but they took her straight to the patch for her back pain when she proved unable to orally ingest a pk. This was for home treatment, obviously.
    Helpful Squelix Rated helpful

@chemicalchart It's the cynic in me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast